Pinay7900

after 4 weeks culture result about sputum exam result is positive then my dad has to wait another 6 months for treatment I NEED ANY HELP !!!!! Any ideas comments below

65 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So my dad has been waiting his medical since October 19th , his visa interview supposed to be last October 19th He went to US embassy and the only was missing is the medical result to release from Saint Luke hospital in ermita bocobo in Manila . I'm very disappointed because my dad waited another 4 weeks to 8 weeks  after the 3 days sputum exam , finally someone called him to come back to Manila after 4 weeks because the result was positive which is the last result.  the 3 days that he was there was negative  then the last one turned into positive after 4 weeks culture result it's impossible! So the Doctor told him that he is POSITIVE for the last result then he has to stay in Manila to proceed the 6 months treatment . Now I get more confused the Doctor gave him two options because my dad lives in Mindanao far away from Manila . Option number 1 : he has to stay in Manila within 6 months treatment because the doctor need to see him daily basis to give him medication but option 2 : he can go back home to Mindanao to do the 6 months treatment then after 6 months he has to wait another one year to process again what the heck !!!! Omg really ?!!!!! Is anyone can help me or anyone encountered the same situation about what I'm dealing right now about my dad's case . I filed this immigrant visa since 2015. Most Filipinos told me that I can easily get my dad to bring to the US because I'm full American citizen so where is the REALITY HERE ??!!! everything is ready to interview my dad but they can't proceed the interview if ever can't get his medical result . My dad got stuck in Saint Luke hospital . I kept sending them back and forth from Mindanao butuan to Manila and it is very hard . Specially living in Manila for 6 months treatment that is MORE EXPENSIVE !!!!please comments below help me . 

52 minutes ago, Pinay7900 said:

So my dad has been waiting his medical since October 19th , his visa interview supposed to be last October 19th He went to US embassy and the only was missing is the medical result to release from Saint Luke hospital in ermita bocobo in Manila . I'm very disappointed because my dad waited another 4 weeks to 8 weeks  after the 3 days sputum exam , finally someone called him to come back to Manila after 4 weeks because the result was positive which is the last result.  the 3 days that he was there was negative  then the last one turned into positive after 4 weeks culture result it's impossible! So the Doctor told him that he is POSITIVE for the last result then he has to stay in Manila to proceed the 6 months treatment . Now I get more confused the Doctor gave him two options because my dad lives in Mindanao far away from Manila . Option number 1 : he has to stay in Manila within 6 months treatment because the doctor need to see him daily basis to give him medication but option 2 : he can go back home to Mindanao to do the 6 months treatment then after 6 months he has to wait another one year to process again what the heck !!!! Omg really ?!!!!! Is anyone can help me or anyone encountered the same situation about what I'm dealing right now about my dad's case . I filed this immigrant visa since 2015. Most Filipinos told me that I can easily get my dad to bring to the US because I'm full American citizen so where is the REALITY HERE ??!!! everything is ready to interview my dad but they can't proceed the interview if ever can't get his medical result . My dad got stuck in Saint Luke hospital . I kept sending them back and forth from Mindanao butuan to Manila and it is very hard . Specially living in Manila for 6 months treatment that is MORE EXPENSIVE !!!!please comments below help me . 

Just because “most people” “say so” doesn’t mean it’s necessarily true. Although actually in this case it usually is, however as dee elle says above, it’s only true subject to the beneficiary being otherwise eligible for immigration. In this case your dad isn’t yet. Unfortunately your real problem seems to be the circumstances of your dad living far from where he needs treatment, that’s not the fault of immigration policy though.

Unfortunately, your dad has to be cleared medically before he is issued the visa...

-=ROC & Naturalization Timeline=-

January 25, 2021 - ROC application received

January 22, 2022 - Case transferred

January 16, 2022 - Naturalization application received

April 7, 2023 - ROC and Naturalization Interview

April 20, 2023 - Oath Ceremony scheduled

Agreed with others, your father needs to be TB free in order to immigrate to the US. It is unfortunate it will cause more problems do to his location but it needs to be done.

Also, you have to be careful listening to word of mouth. NOTHING in immigration is easy.

Do what you can do to help your father get the treatment. 

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Other Timeline

I hope he has not been visiting the US on a B@ visa.  Many visitors, students and guest workers expose US citizens and others to serious diseases.  While teaching my DH had the county health department come to his classes because an international student was detected with a communicable disease.

Timeline
5 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Just because “most people” “say so” doesn’t mean it’s necessarily true. Although actually in this case it usually is, however as dee elle says above, it’s only true subject to the beneficiary being otherwise eligible for immigration. In this case your dad isn’t yet. Unfortunately your real problem seems to be the circumstances of your dad living far from where he needs treatment, that’s not the fault of immigration policy though.

I guess I have to be more patience about this ihave been waiting . FYI there's too many Filipinos here in the US sponsored with there parents it took only over a year or less to process . Even though one of my friends is not full American citizen and her mom got here easily without any medical problems and some people are lucky and some don't ! I have been in the US over 13 years now even one of my blood family has never been in the US ever ! I wish my dad can come atleast just a short of time I want to experience that please God help me ! Most Filipinos advise me not to worry at all . I have been more than patient I filed this visa since 2015 oh my goodness !!!! Everything but " sputum exam and unfortunately he is positive and he has to wait another 6 months ! Not all people come to the US are healthy !!!!! Remember that guys !!! Lots people here in the US are sick !!!! Believe it or not !!!! Don't tell me all people from Philippines that flew over here are healthy !!!! Smh ! 

Timeline
3 hours ago, NuestraUnion said:

Agreed with others, your father needs to be TB free in order to immigrate to the US. It is unfortunate it will cause more problems do to his location but it needs to be done.

Also, you have to be careful listening to word of mouth. NOTHING in immigration is easy.

Do what you can do to help your father get the treatment. 

My dad supposed to get done his interview last October 19th at the embassy Manila but the medical is not done yet they still waiting for the sputum exam treatment ! Please God don't let this visa take forever ! I have heard that he has to pay again another application fees at Saint Luke what the heck !!!! If you have any people that are positive for tb please let me know how long it takes ???? They told my dad it takes 6 months so that means I have to send him again to Manila to do the 6 months treatment !!!! Omg not all people go through this I see older people fly over in the America are sick they are not 100% healthy either !!!! I see lots of Filipinos here that just arrived are sick from Philippines that means the stupid sputum is a joke !!!! This is BS !!!!  I'm tired of that medical Saint luke I have never been that when I was there to wait that long !!! What if the people emergency wanna go to America to see a doctor !!! 

1 hour ago, Pinay7900 said:

My dad supposed to get done his interview last October 19th at the embassy Manila but the medical is not done yet they still waiting for the sputum exam treatment ! Please God don't let this visa take forever ! I have heard that he has to pay again another application fees at Saint Luke what the heck !!!! If you have any people that are positive for tb please let me know how long it takes ???? They told my dad it takes 6 months so that means I have to send him again to Manila to do the 6 months treatment !!!! Omg not all people go through this I see older people fly over in the America are sick they are not 100% healthy either !!!! I see lots of Filipinos here that just arrived are sick from Philippines that means the stupid sputum is a joke !!!! This is BS !!!!  I'm tired of that medical Saint luke I have never been that when I was there to wait that long !!! What if the people emergency wanna go to America to see a doctor !!! 

The fastest way then might be to rent a room and get treated in Manila.

Edited by Lemonslice

*~*~*moved from "Bringing Family Members of LPRs" to "Bringing Family Members of USCs"*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

If you have children or care about the health of anyone here, you woukdbt want anyone with possible TB coming into the country without first being given a clean medical. TB is a very deadly disease, particularly among a population that has not developed a natural immunity to it as it is all but eradicated here. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline
12 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Correct. SLEC will permit treatment elsewhere, but needs to be cleared from TB for a year before they will accept another center's result. SLEC-based treatment is the fastest to a clean medical.

Sorry to hear about his condition and long process, but that's what it is. I don't know what you've been told exactly so I can't speak to that. You are permitted to file for a parent as a USC, but the intending immigrant must still meet the requirements to immigrate to the US...including a clean medical.

Not sure how she got there...? You mean to visit? She cannot legally stay unless she was petitioned by a USC (unless she obtained status via somebody else?). Either way, comparing somebody else's case to your own is not a fruitful endeavor...no 2 cases are ever identical.

TB kills. Remember that...your dad needs treatment ASAP.

Every immigrant gets examined for communicable diseases. TB can be quite contagious and very serious. Nobody wants to see an outbreak in the US because somebody was granted permission to come to the US without being properly tested and subsequently treated.

Sure unhealthy people have come to the US, but the law is very clear when it comes to known and detected communicable diseases. Is it worth risking the wellbeing of everybody else on a plane (or before/after)? No...it's not. I'm sorry to hear about your dad's visa troubles and medical problem, but he is being properly denied entry to the US until his condition is safe for those around him.

There's nothing I can do but wait ! no my dad is not denied lol just delayed his visa process cuz of the stupid " sputum exam " his visa interview supposed to be finished a long time ago!  , and he probably in the US by now ! But unfortunately the medical made him to wait longer than expected ! We didn't expect this happened to him . I was expecting either ! To all petitioner out there if you plan to sponsor your parent like I did right now just get ready ! Or else forget it ! It is not worth it to keep waiting for nothing !!! cuz it takes forever ! I would never ever apply again cuz now I know how it is !!! I will try my best ! After this 6 months treatment if something come up again then I will STOP ! I will send my dad back home and forget it !!! Yup I'm going to continue to help my dad to do his treatment within 6 months in manila if it looks like nothing happen then I won't continue to process ! I already spent to much money $$$ and it is not easy !!! Thank you guys I will continue but if he can't get his visa by next year I will stop !!! 

Timeline
2 hours ago, JFH said:

If you have children or care about the health of anyone here, you woukdbt want anyone with possible TB coming into the country without first being given a clean medical. TB is a very deadly disease, particularly among a population that has not developed a natural immunity to it as it is all but eradicated here. 

In America 98% has a tb lots of people here got diseases too ! So sputum exam is just a BS exam ! Not all people on earth are heathy!!! If American will come visit to Philippines we don't do any stupid sputum exam here or any tb exam before we leave in our country ! Yeah you think 100% are healthy hell no !!!! it just wasting time to do the treatment !!! Why Philippines take advantage to people who travel outside the country why !!!! Stop expecting people to spend money !!! To Tavel back and forth Mindanao to Manila is very expensive and yeah required this but not all people inside on the plane are healthy !!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.