fondue

K-1 Medical exam- how to prepare with extensive mental health issues

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello, my fiancee is a 31 yo in Germany and we are looking to get the ball rolling on the k-1 soon but I know we are going to have some issues coming up. I am hoping some folks here have some insight to offer- thank you in advance.

She has somewhat severe social anxiety issues currently. She has not been to a regular doctor in a long time and went to a psychiatrist within the last year who only prescribed her meds and basically did nothing else.  She took the meds briefly but was unhappy with the result and the doctor so she stopped going and taking the meds without notifying the doctor's office.  She has scars all over one of her arms from adolescent self harm. She has also never worked (is this a problem by itself?) but is trying to get into a job therapy thing with her social worker.

Where should we start? She has no medical records to speak of- no vaccination records, etc.  I have seen where other people posting here who have scars from very old self harm just ask for a GP to write a letter saying they are old and the person no longer has suicidal/harmful tendencies but she has not been established with a GP.  Is that the best starting point? I have not started the k-1 petition yet because I'm worried even 3-6 months is not long enough to establish (basically from scratch) whatever stability the medical examiner will be looking for.

Please help us out with any advice on this matter you can- Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.