SabrinaJerome

Send docs to embassy? Packet 3? IR/CR1 info please!

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi CR/IR1 applicants,

We have just received an email that our IR1 case at NVC is finished, and that the NVC will schedule our interview at Madrid Embassy. YAYYYYYYY!!

I am thinking that it is POSSIBLE that the interview will be at the end of December (anyone know?)… but meanwhile I have a question about the pre-interview stage we are now in.

Do we have to send documents via mail/courier to the Madrid embassy before the interview?? We are IR-1 - - is sending documents only for K-1 people?

Is this Packet 3?

I ask because I saw this:

This page about the Madrid Embassy was written by people who had gone through the post-NVC stage recently, and a couple of people have written that they had to send their docs through snail mail before their interview, as “Madrid has changed their policies”...

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Spain&cty=Madrid

However, nowhere on the .gov websites do I see instructions for that.

I’m not sure if maybe this is only for K-1 visas?? The person who wrote that part did not indicate if it was for IR/CR-1.

Then there’s this http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/536290-new-checklist-for-madrid-edited-title/ which talks about a checklist of items to mail to the embassy, and that it wasn’t the K-1 list but the list for IR/CR-1 applicants!

HOWEVER...

The PDF from the Madrid Embassy doesn’t talk about sending documents as a requirement: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/MDD - Madrid.pdf 

It only states “IF you need to send documents…”

<<Sending documents to the U.S. Embassy Madrid, Spain

If you need to send us any documents, please DO NOT mail them to us directly. Instead, visit ais.usvisa-info.com and ask for information on courier services. >>

Etc.

The Spanish US DOS Visa Appointment Service website does not address it either,

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-es/iv/information/iv_overview

It only sends you to the travel .gov website re the Interview stage, which refers to BRINGING documents with you to the interview.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare.html

I always thought that we will only BRING documents to the interview, but that VJ page has me very confused. (If that info is not applicable to everyone, I think it should be edited and labeled appropriately.)

How do I know if we will have to send documents via snail mail/courier before the interview? I ask because we may not be in Spain to send them during the window of time before the interview.

Sorry for the long post, and thanks! :rolleyes:

October 2011: Met in Spain

2012-2014: Video chat + visas + visits and vacations = we made it through!

June 2014: Moved to Spain, got engaged 

December 31, 2015: got married

April 20, 2016: sent I130 package

May 2, 2016: package received in Chicago Lockbox - - - 12 days for delivery!! Don't use TNT couriers!! 

May 2nd or 5th, 2016: email NOA1... accepted and sent to.... NEBRASKA 

And now.... breeeeeeathe..... be like water my friend....

October 26th, 2016: NOA2 [We had waited almost 6 months. Received notification from the phone app, never got an email.]

November 9th 2016: USCIS sent the petition to NVC (app notification) [waited 2 weeks after approval for this]

November 25th 2016: NVC received and created account for our petition [waited 16 days after USCIS sent it, for NVC to acknowledge receipt]

Dec 1st 2016: Chose agent online DS261 [a few days later than it could've been since the above NVC email went to SPAM!]

Dec 6th 2016: Case available for paying fees. That was fast, I think! 5 days!

Took a long time to get package out because... life... and husband's family in Morocco had to travel to get police document.

Feb 20th 2017: Scan date at NVC, received weird email.

April 28th 2017: CHECKLIST. Moroccans are required to send a Court Report regardless of Police Record status. My husband had to go back to Morocco to get it in person. Also, NVC wants a 2016 tax return now that is 2017. My bad.

September 15th 2017: 2nd Scan Date at NVC. Sent for document review October 20th.

Nov 10th 2017: Email requesting document be brought to interview. Will schedule interview.

Case complete date??: TBD :clock:.... November 8th!!

Interview date : January 18, 2018!!           Result: Administrative Processing      :mellow:

Embassy called for new medical last week of August. New Medical Sept 10.

Visa ISSUED September 14, 2018. :blink:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

There will be nothing you need to send to the Embassy between now and the time your interview is scheduled.  When in doubt, default to what the .gov websites say.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline
On 11/12/2017 at 1:33 PM, Ryan H said:

There will be nothing you need to send to the Embassy between now and the time your interview is scheduled.  When in doubt, default to what the .gov websites say.

Thanks 😊

Yeah definitely .gov websites are my first sources but they say "if" you have to send us something. And other couples laid out all of their details about sending packet 3 to the embassy so I started to wonder! :unsure:

May 2, 2016: package received in Chicago Lockbox - - - 12 days for delivery!! Don't use TNT couriers!! 

October 26th, 2016: NOA2 [We had waited almost 6 months. Received notification from the phone app, never got an email.]

November 9th 2016: USCIS sent the petition to NVC (app notification) [waited 2 weeks after approval for this]

November 25th 2016: NVC received and created account for our petition [waited 16 days after USCIS sent it, for NVC to acknowledge receipt]

Dec 1st 2016: Chose agent online DS261 [a few days later than it could've been since the above NVC email went to SPAM!]

Took a long time to get package out because... life... and husband's family in Morocco had to travel to get police document.

April 28th 2017: CHECKLIST. Moroccans are required to send a Court Report regardless of Police Record status. My husband had to go back to Morocco to get it in person. Also, NVC wants a 2016 tax return now that is 2017. My bad.

September 15th 2017: 2nd Scan Date at NVC. Sent for document review October 20th.

Nov 10th 2017: Email requesting document be brought to interview. Will schedule interview.

Interview date : January 18, 2018!!           Result: Administrative Processing      :mellow:

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
2 hours ago, shahnam0716 said:

How long did you have to wait from the time the case was complete at NVC and the time they sent you interview invitation letter? 

Our cc was Nov 8 and we don't have an interview date yet. Thinking it will be in January. 

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.