KingKINGNana

MY EXPERIENCE CR1 INTERVIEW ON 8th NOVEMBER

31 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 minutes ago, T&F said:

Hahaha your answers crack me up. You sound like a bold person. Congratulations 🎉🍾🎊🎈 

My Boldness that day came from God. The rate at how much I miss my wife also gave me the courage. Besides I love my wife that’s why I married her... not because of visa or green card. So there’s nothing to be scared. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

I agree with you and understand, but hnoestly I will not encourage anyone to answer those questions like you did even though I admire your courage because you can end up in front of a CO who doesn’t have any sense of humor or is having a bad day. I only wish everyone can have such courage during those Interviews. Once again Congratulations to you guys and YES I strongly believe that with God in our side our boldness should have no limits lol.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

OMG, you response to each questions gave me so much life!! You were very precise and professional...However, congratulations on your approval!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, hm139 said:

I don't understand why he asked you why you had evidence all the way from 2010. I have lots of little mementos from years ago, ticket stubs, etc. Why would that be bad?

That’s why you need to challenge him or her. They think you knew a time like this will come to you decided to keep all that.. that means is a plan thing. You need to prove it to him that is not a plan thing 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

PRAISE GOD!!! So happy for you and your wife pray for a smooth transition in America for the both of you! 

Edited by AfricanOhemaa
typo

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Evans Appenteng said:

That’s why you need to challenge him or her. They think you knew a time like this will come to you decided to keep all that.. that means is a plan thing. You need to prove it to him that is not a plan thing 

I still don't understand why it's bad? I realized it was serious with my husband very early on in our relationship, and also knew that since we are from different countries, we would eventually have to deal with immigration paperwork. We weren't ready to get married at the time but knew we would someday. So we hung on to lots of receipts, boarding passes, random little tidbits of proof... I don't think that's a red flag?

Anyways, congratulations on getting approved!!!! :)

Timeline
3 minutes ago, hm139 said:

I still don't understand why it's bad? I realized it was serious with my husband very early on in our relationship, and also knew that since we are from different countries, we would eventually have to deal with immigration paperwork. We weren't ready to get married at the time but knew we would someday. So we hung on to lots of receipts, boarding passes, random little tidbits of proof... I don't think that's a red flag?

Anyways, congratulations on getting approved!!!! :)

Thank you, no is not red flag.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
10 hours ago, Evans Appenteng said:

Hi guys thank you for everything.... I just wanna share my experience with CR1. How my interview went. 

I arrived at the Embassy at 7am, my interview time was 9:30am. So around 9am they lined us up and we went through the security checks and I sat at the awaiting area around 9:15am. I sat there for 2 hours before I was called to come to window 5. When I got there, it was a Ghanaian Woman... she smiled and said please can I have all your documents. I gave her my two passport pictures... evidence (WU receipts, WhatsApp Chats, Google Hangouts Chat, Marriage Pictures, Random Pictures, Call Records.....  Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate, Passport... I mean she took all that’s needed. Then she asked me to put my hand on the fingerprint scanner after which she asked me to sit down and wait. 

Then around 2:20pm I heard my name asking me to come to Window 11. 

The CO was a man in his 40’s. This was the questions he asked me.

who’s the petitioner?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

why have you kept evidence from 2010 till now?

Sir can I ask a question, Back home in America... when you pay bills or you buy something from Walmart don’t you keep your receipts? He said I keep them. Then I said so what’s wrong with me keeping mine? He said okay I understand 

Is this a plan thing?

No Sir

when did you know you will do this whole process?

I said 2014.

how did you meet your wife? 

She was my childhood friend.

whats your wife phone number?

i don’t know because I don’t keep phone numbers in my head, all I know is first 3 digits.

whats your wife job?

XXXXX

what do you do for living?

Sir I am into Computer (Fixing.. I can fix anything). Then he said Then you are smart guy... you can make all these documents. This could be fake man... 

then I said, can I ask a question... he said okay.

if I say to you... that you take money from people to give them visa, what will you say? 

He said.. Noo I don’t do that ... I love my job and I respect my job... then I said well Exactly I also love and respect my job. I won’t use my job to do anything bad. He said oh okay, I understand.

who do you call first when you wake up?

i said, I would have love to call my wife when I wake up but unfortunately by the time I wake up it will be pass midnight in America. So I call my family or friends. 

Then he asked, so what’s your friends number? 

Sir like I said I don’t keep phone numbers in my head. Then he said... I wanted to see if you will choose your friends phone number over your wife. 

why did you buy a phone for your wife in 2011?

sir that’s how much I love my wife.

why do you chat with your wife this much?

yes sir. 

From my Albulm he asked only one question. To identify a certain woman, who is she? I answered.

How am I Sure this Pictures am looking at is you? 

I said sir... look at my face and look at the pictures well. What do you see? 

He said I see is you.

Well let me issue your visa visa for you, good luck and have a nice day. 

U had to get that Visa men you gave it to him, now bring over some of that!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.