Carolina Dalton

November 2017 Filers K1 VISA I-129F (merged)

2,975 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi guys I want to start this topic because I will send my form on november 1, and I'm very excited :D:D:D:D:D 

Edited by Penguin_ie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good luck to the November 2017 filers :D  

Before you send your packet in, take a few extra minutes and look over your forms and evidence very carefully.  These few minutes will save you a month of time by avoiding an R F E (request for evidence).  I noticed a lot of people getting RFE this summer for forgetting to tick a box (usually the one saying you aren't a criminal), but other boxes as well.  Pay particular attention to how you met.  If you met 'Online', uscis is going to want more of an explanation.......  If you met on a dating site, include the Terms of Service (TOS) and a statement showing they do not meet the definition of an IMBRA site.  If you met on facebook, send along the TOS for facebook.  Other RFE's are for passport photos not meeting the required specs (2x2, neutral expression, no glasses, white background, taken recently, etc etc), Not sending in certified divorce decrees from ALL past marriages of USC, Not providing sufficient evidence of meeting in person within the last 2 years (airline itineraries are good but also SEND the BOARDING PASSES, luggage tag, a menu from the flight, Hotel receipt, an ATM receipt in the host country) - if the 2 of you met in a 3rd country, show the 2 of you TOGETHER at the SAME TIME by similar evidence (2 sets of boarding passes). Remember that photos are regarded as secondary type of evidence.  Review your packet thoroughly with a critical eye before you send it in. 

After sending it, please be patient, I mean real patient.  USCIS has a lot of work to do, not just Fiance/e petitions......  Expect 6 months from NOA1 to NOA2.  Use your time wisely while waiting, read up on the procedures of what to do after NOA2 and what the beneficiary has to do to apply for their visa (DS-160) and what evidence they need.  Also start looking up the process for the police clearances from every country the beneficiary has been in for 6 months or more after the age of 16.  In the meantime, help each other out here on VJ with their questions, and lend support freely.  You will quickly learn that this thread will be your best friend to expediently make it through this part of your journey.

I wish you much success!

16 minutes ago, AnJ Co said:

Before you send your packet in, take a few extra minutes and look over your forms and evidence very carefully.  These few minutes will save you a month of time by avoiding an R F E (request for evidence).  I noticed a lot of people getting RFE this summer for forgetting to tick a box (usually the one saying you aren't a criminal), but other boxes as well.  Pay particular attention to how you met.  If you met 'Online', uscis is going to want more of an explanation.......  If you met on a dating site, include the Terms of Service (TOS) and a statement showing they do not meet the definition of an IMBRA site.  If you met on facebook, send along the TOS for facebook.  Other RFE's are for passport photos not meeting the required specs (2x2, neutral expression, no glasses, white background, taken recently, etc etc), Not sending in certified divorce decrees from ALL past marriages of USC, Not providing sufficient evidence of meeting in person within the last 2 years (airline itineraries are good but also SEND the BOARDING PASSES, luggage tag, a menu from the flight, Hotel receipt, an ATM receipt in the host country) - if the 2 of you met in a 3rd country, show the 2 of you TOGETHER at the SAME TIME by similar evidence (2 sets of boarding passes). Remember that photos are regarded as secondary type of evidence.  Review your packet thoroughly with a critical eye before you send it in. 

After sending it, please be patient, I mean real patient.  USCIS has a lot of work to do, not just Fiance/e petitions......  Expect 6 months from NOA1 to NOA2.  Use your time wisely while waiting, read up on the procedures of what to do after NOA2 and what the beneficiary has to do to apply for their visa (DS-160) and what evidence they need.  Also start looking up the process for the police clearances from every country the beneficiary has been in for 6 months or more after the age of 16.  In the meantime, help each other out here on VJ with their questions, and lend support freely.  You will quickly learn that this thread will be your best friend to expediently make it through this part of your journey.

I wish you much success!

I have been divorced 3 times and only had to send in the last divorce decree cause u can not remarry in states with out previous divorced. But so far i have not had anything come back at me, i was told the other day my petition looks good and nothing is wrong with it by a teir 1 at uscis.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Murph4865 said:

I have been divorced 3 times and only had to send in the last divorce decree cause u can not remarry in states with out previous divorced. But so far i have not had anything come back at me, i was told the other day my petition looks good and nothing is wrong with it by a teir 1 at uscis.

Time will tell.  I thought the same reasoning when I applied.  The guides say to send decrees (plural) so I did.  I remember one RFE during the summer where only the last decree was sent in and they requested all of them.  Maybe, just maybe it depends on the adjudicator, if they catch it or not.

Incidentally, when the fiancee does CFO in the PH, they have to submit all decrees in addition to many other documents so be prepared for that.

Timeline
4 hours ago, AnJ Co said:

I wish you much success!

Hey and thank you, I meet him on facebook we were fb friends, but we didn't have a relationship on fb before meeting, we were just fb friends and When I travel to colombia I meet him because i told him I was in the country visiting my family and he invite me to a date, that't what I write on the meeting part, and they ask only how you meet in person, so it is that okay? Or should I include more information? I dont really have more, I just have him on fb as a friend and then when I was in colombia i Meet him and that's how our relationship start, plus they are asking for the in person meeting specially sayd in person meeting, ??

Timeline
10 hours ago, Carolina Dalton said:

Hey and thank you, I meet him on facebook we were fb friends, but we didn't have a relationship on fb before meeting, we were just fb friends and When I travel to colombia I meet him because i told him I was in the country visiting my family and he invite me to a date, that't what I write on the meeting part, and they ask only how you meet in person, so it is that okay? Or should I include more information? I dont really have more, I just have him on fb as a friend and then when I was in colombia i Meet him and that's how our relationship start, plus they are asking for the in person meeting specially sayd in person meeting, ??

I think you are fine, you have a great story and when you include the evidence of being in the same place as him, it will be substantiated.  Include the TOS for FB just in case.  It is better to have too much sent than not enough.    https://www.facebook.com/terms,

Timeline
On 10/23/2017 at 9:12 AM, AnJ Co said:

I think you are fine, you have a great story and when you include the evidence of being in the same place as him, it will be substantiated.  Include the TOS for FB just in case.  It is better to have too much sent than not enough.    https://www.facebook.com/terms,

Yeah but I didn't meet him as a boyfriend on fb, I just add him  as a friend and that's it, we have an actual relationship when we first meet in person as a friends then we developed a relation, not before, we never had nothing online lol. And they are asking for meeting in person, they do not ask for how we know prior meeting in person.

On 10/22/2017 at 3:59 PM, Carolina Dalton said:

Hi guys I want to start this topic because I will send my form on november 1, and I'm very excited :D:D:D:D:D 

You may want to consider marrying there and using the CR visa instead of the K-1.  Timelines are converging and the CR has some advantages as long as they are taking so long for the K-1 processing.

If you marry in Columbia, the process is about 12 to 14 months but at the end the beneficiary will have their green card.  It is also cheaper than K-1.

With K-1, the total process can take 10 or more months and you still have another year for AOS/EAD and Green Card.  It is also more expensive.

You are away from your loved one a couple more months but once in America they have the GC.

Just letting you know about the option as some of us, having known the timeline on the K-1 before we filed, may have taken that route.

Either way, good luck to you!

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
16 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

You may want to consider marrying there and using the CR visa instead of the K-1.  Timelines are converging and the CR has some advantages as long as they are taking so long for the K-1 processing.

If you marry in Columbia, the process is about 12 to 14 months but at the end the beneficiary will have their green card.  It is also cheaper than K-1.

With K-1, the total process can take 10 or more months and you still have another year for AOS/EAD and Green Card.  It is also more expensive.

You are away from your loved one a couple more months but once in America they have the GC.

Just letting you know about the option as some of us, having known the timeline on the K-1 before we filed, may have taken that route.

But k-1 timeline is about 6 to 8 months, I would rather pay more so he can be with me faster. 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

And I'm leaving today lol so I can't marry him, my flight is today at midnight, and I never think of this as an option because of the wait.

3 minutes ago, Carolina Dalton said:

But k-1 timeline is about 6 to 8 months, I would rather pay more so he can be with me faster. 

It is 5 to 6 months for NOA2.  Then another month (sometimes more) for NVC.  Then up to 60 days to get the interview scheduled.  Then another week or so to get the visa.  While 8 months is possible, ask the 950 petitioners waiting from April. 8 months would be a very quick journey but it is doable.  I think 10 months, NOA1 to POE is more reasonable. There is more to it than just the NOA2.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
Just now, John & Rose said:

It is 6 to 8 months for NOA2.  Then another month (sometimes more) for NVC.  Then up to 60 days to get the interview scheduled.  Then another week or so to get the visa.  It is not out of the question that the K-1 process can extend into a year.  There is more to it than just the NOA2.

Maybe because your fianceé is probably from the Philippines, in Colombia they do not take that much time. I have been seeing timelines from Colombia, and they take very little, plus I have been talking to girls to apply very soon and get everything done in 2 weeks and they are already in us, like a girl went to the interview October 19 and they are already in us with their bf and their timeline is about 6 months, others 5, no more than 7. 

1 minute ago, Carolina Dalton said:

Maybe because your fianceé is probably from the Philippines, in Colombia they do not take that much time. I have been seeing timelines from Colombia, and they take very little, plus I have been talking to girls to apply very soon and get everything done in 2 weeks and they are already in us, like a girl went to the interview October 19 and they are already in us with their bf and their timeline is about 6 months, others 5, no more than 7. 

Wow.  I do not believe I heard a single story like that here especially after the priority change in May.  You are very lucky.  Things are a bit slower in the Philippines.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline

The last girl who i was talking to, said something about her noa only takes 3 months, and everything was very fast, look this other timeline http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=257838  they take like 92 days for the noa2 and they do take long for the interview but I'm thinking maybe because the petitioner travel to colombia so maybe that's why they took the last interview, because they told me they did the medicals, and the interview everything took 2 weeks or so,

5 minutes ago, Carolina Dalton said:

The last girl who i was talking to, said something about her noa only takes 3 months, and everything was very fast, look this other timeline http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=257838  they take like 92 days for the noa2 and they do take long for the interview but I'm thinking maybe because the petitioner travel to colombia so maybe that's why they took the last interview, because they told me they did the medicals, and the interview everything took 2 weeks or so,

Those timelines make me so jealous.  Reality now is that NOA2s are a good 5 to 6 months.  Imagine the days when the entire process only took that!  Hopefully those numbers will come back but it won't be too soon.  Last year it was only 40 days for NOA2!  I saw one that was 37 days to NOA2 and 50 days to interview! We are a MINIMUM of 160 for NOA2 now.

We are at 141 and one couple waited 213 days for NOA2 and that was before the priority change!  They are still waiting on NVC.  They are WAYYYYY out of the norm though.

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.