ForeverHopeful

Abu Dhabi embassy put an EMPOST sticker on the back of my Iranian fiance's passport

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Just heard from my fiance that the officer who interviewed him back in August put an EMPOST sticker on the back of his passport before handing it back to him along with a 221g stating the case was being put in administrative processing. EMPOST is the Emirates Post Office. He was told the sticker would allow him to send his passport to the embassy if he was approved. Is this just normal procedure, or something hopeful? We've been in administrative processing for over 60 days and are grasping at straws. Does everyone from Iran get this sticker put on his passport after an interview at Abu Dhabi? 

Yes that is normal. Emirates Post will put a sticker at the back of each passport (same as mine and everyone who got approved). That is to show that Emirates Post is responsible for handing over any documents coming from the Embassy of US in Abu Dhabi.

I am sorry if your case has been in administrative processing for 60 days now. You said your fiance was given a paper right? Did you submit the documents needed asked by the embassy?

K1 Visa Issued:             10-10-2017

----------------------------------------------------

AOS

I-485 Sent :                    01-16-2018

USCIS Received Date:  01-22-2018

Notice Date:                   01-25-2018

Biometrics Appt:           02-20-2018

Interview Appt:              05-07-2018 (Approved on the spot)

I-797 Notice:                  05-08-2018

Timeline
7 hours ago, jaybeltisroy said:

Yes that is normal. Emirates Post will put a sticker at the back of each passport (same as mine and everyone who got approved). That is to show that Emirates Post is responsible for handing over any documents coming from the Embassy of US in Abu Dhabi.

I am sorry if your case has been in administrative processing for 60 days now. You said your fiance was given a paper right? Did you submit the documents needed asked by the embassy?  

The 221g he received just stated the case was in administrative processing. There was no request for additional information (nothing else was checked on the form). But later that day he received an email asking him to submit the DS-5535 via email which he did the same day. The sticker was put on the passport by the consulate officer who interviewed him.

7 minutes ago, ForeverHopeful said:

The 221g he received just stated the case was in administrative processing. There was no request for additional information (nothing else was checked on the form). But later that day he received an email asking him to submit the DS-5535 via email which he did the same day. The sticker was put on the passport by the consulate officer who interviewed him.

Well that was my initial thinking when you said that your fiance got 221g. That being said, it normally takes months for them to review the document that they asked from your fiance before they can make a decision. Did they handed over back his passport?

K1 Visa Issued:             10-10-2017

----------------------------------------------------

AOS

I-485 Sent :                    01-16-2018

USCIS Received Date:  01-22-2018

Notice Date:                   01-25-2018

Biometrics Appt:           02-20-2018

Interview Appt:              05-07-2018 (Approved on the spot)

I-797 Notice:                  05-08-2018

Timeline
11 hours ago, jaybeltisroy said:

Well that was my initial thinking when you said that your fiance got 221g. That being said, it normally takes months for them to review the document that they asked from your fiance before they can make a decision. Did they handed over back his passport?

Yes, they gave him back his passport. However,  for an Iranian this doesn't mean much because the consulate has to return the passport in order for the Iranian to be able to leave UAE and return to Iran and wait.  As for the 221g, there was nothing checked about needing additional information. Meaning, nothing was missing. I believe it is because he is Iranian that the case was put in administrative processing. 

*~*~*country-specific question moved to MENA sub-forum*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.