C.ezz

I think i got denied

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

my  fiancee called NVC  Today and  i got this bad news
uscis Received my case after 115 days on AP because they will need finish review 
and i need to  wait 6  months to get new info about my  case

So .  what should i do ?

8 hours ago, C.ezz said:

my  fiancee called NVC  Today and  i got this bad news
uscis Received my case after 115 days on AP because they will need finish review 
and i need to  wait 6  months to get new info about my  case

So .  what should i do ?

can you share with us more details 

age difference 

did she met your family

how many visite 

time spent together

did the interview go well ?

Timeline
Just now, Abdeslam said:

can you share with us more details 

age difference 

did she met your family

how many visite 

time spent together

did the interview go well ?

Two years

No

Two times

1st  time: week, 2nd time 4 days

Yea interview was good but consul put my case on administrative processing for 4 months b4 send sending case back to nvc then uscis

1 minute ago, C.ezz said:

Two years

No

Two times

1st  time: week, 2nd time 4 days

Yea interview was good but consul put my case on administrative processing for 4 months b4 send sending case back to nvc then uscis

in mos of the Mena country if the fiance didn't met the beneficiary familie the visa get denied , i would advise you to ask her to come again and meet your familie 

Timeline
Just now, Abdeslam said:

in mos of the Mena country if the fiance didn't met the beneficiary familie the visa get denied , i would advise you to ask her to come again and meet your familie 

Counselor didn't ask me  about this issue

Im just wondering,,  why he did not refused at first

Why he put me.on administrative processing 4 months

Why nvc didn't update my case

Timeline
Just now, Abdeslam said:

what did he ask you during the interview ?

How did we know each other

When she came to visit

How many times

How long she spent time wiz me

Where

When she got divorced

I made mistake about date of my military service

It should be Jan 2014 but I wrote March 2014

And counselor was wondering cuz last visit was only 4 days

But I explained to him that she had bad situation and she had to leave to USA immediately

25 minutes ago, C.ezz said:

How did we know each other

When she came to visit

How many times

How long she spent time wiz me

Where

When she got divorced

I made mistake about date of my military service

It should be Jan 2014 but I wrote March 2014

And counselor was wondering cuz last visit was only 4 days

But I explained to him that she had bad situation and she had to leave to USA immediately

you can ask your fiance to reach for her congressman to know what went wrong with your application 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Abdeslam said:

you can ask your fiance to reach for her congressman to know what went wrong with your application 

Should we start reach congressman or wait mail from uscis?

6 hours ago, C.ezz said:

Counselor didn't ask me  about this issue

Im just wondering,,  why he did not refused at first

Why he put me.on administrative processing 4 months

Why nvc didn't update my case

Refusals have to go through review before they are actually refused. That was probably a big part of that delay.

1 hour ago, C.ezz said:

Should we start reach congressman or wait mail from uscis?

The I-129F is being sent back to USCIS where it will expire. The existing K-1 path is gone. You need to either refile for a K-1, or get married and file for a CR-1. The latter is preferable.

You should review all information submitted and questions asked at the interview to understand why the case was denied. You can reach out to your local congressman as well to try to find out some details. There's no reason to wait for USCIS...it will come in a few months saying the I-129F expired and that's all. The other option is a FOIA request.

Personally, the lack of time spent together was probably the tipping point.  I don't know what else you sent as relationship evidence, but I highly suggest more time spent physically together...the ~11 days is quite little for an embassy as tough as Egypt.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

K1 is dead now

marry and apply for a CR1

doubt you will ever know the issues for denial /  still waiting for informaiton about a July 2009 K1 case and why denied

i have writen and asked for the reasons several times as this costs so much to do the extra trips and marriage celebration and new applications

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You weren't refused a visa, you just weren't approved. There is a difference between the visa being refused and being returned to US, where it's expired. We don't know why you got put on AP. We don't know details of your relationship or of your case. 

Maybe it's because you did not visit much, maybe it's because she did not meet your family, maybe it's because something came up in your background check, it's hard for us to say for certain. 

Reaching out to a congressman will not let you know of why it was returned to the US. You can fill out a FOIA request to get notes the official made at your interview, but this is usually a lengthy process and often does not get you the results that you are looking for.   You will get a letter in the mail from the USCIS stating that your petition was returned and is now expired, but no more, no less. 

Usually in cases like this, the couple will then get married and file a CR1 paper - however, a word of caution, try to have much more time in person together before you do this. If you want the outcome of your CR1 to be that you get a visa, you need to try to think of all the possibilities for why your visa was not approved the first time and overcome those possibilities. When our visa was sent back to the US, we did two more visits and now we are getting married next month. We did not have much time together before filing and I think that was why we were not approved, but it's hard to say for sure. 

So try to overcome any obstacles you have and get married and do a CR1 if you still want to be together. Know that this is a long road for you - I know it is expensive and difficult, but if it's a real relationship it would be worth it in the end. 

5 hours ago, EandH0904 said:

You weren't refused a visa, you just weren't approved. There is a difference between the visa being refused and being returned to US, where it's expired.

If a visa isn't approved then by definition it is denied, regardless of the NOIR that may follow from USCIS. 

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Hypnos said:

If a visa isn't approved then by definition it is denied, regardless of the NOIR that may follow from USCIS. 

A k1 visa doesn't get an NOIR. A CR1 will get one but not a K1. When our K1 was not approved, the letter from USCIS specifically stated it was expired, not denied. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.