15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello friends

I'm so worried about my case it been 132days that I file for my spouse and Nebraska service center take so long and how long it gonna take me to get approved from them,thanks for your advice friends,someone pls help me out.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

It takes 12- 14 months from filing to interview.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

I looked at your timeline and it says you already got your NOA1, so...

If you are a US citizen it is taking 12 - 14 months.

If you are a permanent resident it is taking 2 years.

You have a lot more waiting to do. Nothing to worry about at this moment.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
4 hours ago, Vetomo said:

Hello friends

I'm so worried about my case it been 132days that I file for my spouse and Nebraska service center take so long and how long it gonna take me to get approved from them,thanks for your advice friends,someone pls help me out.

I sent in my case August 4, 2016. No RFEs and it wasn't approved until March 2017..... I also heard they are a little behind and overloaded. Unfortunately Nebraska is proceeding dates as of January 2017. With that time line I estimate your approval in February 2017.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Vetomo, I am in the same situation as you, we filed our petition in the end of june, so also waiting, and expecting to receive a NOA2 soon.

However I am a bit confused by posts in this thread. 

1 hour ago, Penguin_ie said:

It takes 12- 14 months from filing to interview.

From filing the I130 petition to the interview? I thought one could expect to receive a NOA2 after 3-5 months and then some months later be scheduled for an interview. Your timeline says you were called into interview 1.5 months after you filed your petition. Sorry if I am not reading correctly, but could you clarify?

Thought the whole process could take 12-14 months.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, myheart0628 said:

I sent in my case August 4, 2016. No RFEs and it wasn't approved until March 2017..... I also heard they are a little behind and overloaded. Unfortunately Nebraska is proceeding dates as of January 2017. With that time line I estimate your approval in February 2017.

Hate to disappoint you of those stuck in Nebraska as they still haven't gotten through Nov 2016 cases yet, so prepare for delay. I've been stuck in that place for 327 days and still no NOA2

PD Nov- 30-2016

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 hour ago, hwbertel said:

Vetomo, I am in the same situation as you, we filed our petition in the end of june, so also waiting, and expecting to receive a NOA2 soon.

However I am a bit confused by posts in this thread. 

From filing the I130 petition to the interview? I thought one could expect to receive a NOA2 after 3-5 months and then some months later be scheduled for an interview. Your timeline says you were called into interview 1.5 months after you filed your petition. Sorry if I am not reading correctly, but could you clarify?

Thought the whole process could take 12-14 months.

My process was different because I filed DCF (directly with the embassy).  That is only possible in some countries, and only if the US petitioner lives abroad with the beneficiary for a number of months before filing the petition. Because an embassy only has a few cases at a time to deal with, it is much faster than filing via the lockbox in the USA, where thousands of petitions (and not just spousal ones) need processed every day.  My case was also 9 years ago, and processing sometimes speeds up, and then slows down again.

3 months is optimistic for NOA 2 though it has happened, 5-8 months is more realistic, dependent on the processing center.  Then the case gets sent on, and it takes several months to finish and wait for an open interview slot.  As you say yourself in your last sentence, the whole process (from filing to interview) takes 12- 14 months

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
7 hours ago, Vetomo said:

Hello friends

I'm at 328 days so far.

No approval yet.

Applied 29-Nov-2016

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Timeline
59 minutes ago, etrangais said:

I'm at 328 days so far.

No approval yet.

Applied 29-Nov-2016

Your case is likely delayed for back ground check reasons. I've been seeing that a lot lately from Morroco on this forum. 

Edited by myheart0628

Timeline
11 minutes ago, myheart0628 said:

Your case is likely delayed for back ground check reasons. I've been seeing that a lot lately from Morroco on this forum. 

And I'm 327 days

Filed Nov 30 2016

No NOA2 or Nothing ☹️☹️

Timeline
41 minutes ago, myheart0628 said:

Wrong answer

They said it is processing. They never said stuck in background checks

4 hours ago, etrangais said:

I'm at 328 days so far.

No approval yet.

Applied 29-Nov-2016

I’m sure you’ve called and asked for updates. What did they say, etrangais?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Diane and Chris said:

I’m sure you’ve called and asked for updates. What did they say, etrangais?

Nothing at all.

They just tell me to wait.

Today I'm supposed to get an answer to a service request in the mail (they claimed it was sent the 17th).

I'm pretty sure it will say to wait 60 days and if I don't hear from them to call them back.

I'll post here if I get it today

Timeline
3 hours ago, etrangais said:

Wrong answer

They said it is processing. They never said stuck in background checks

Processing is a universal term. Clearly you did not know the answer because you posted here for advice. No need to be rude. Good luck on your case.

Edited by myheart0628

Timeline
12 minutes ago, myheart0628 said:

Processing is a universal term. Clearly you did not know the answer because you posted here for advice. No need to be rude. Good luck on your case.

I was not trying to be rude at all.

I'm sorry if I came out wrong

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.