bilal467

US Embassy Islamabad - Marriage between Christian and Muslim

35 posts in this topic

Hello! 

Did any American Christian woman marry Pakistani Muslim man in Pakistan and there visa got approved from US Embassy Islamabad?

I’m asking because I have read on some forum that US Embassy Islamabad doesn’t think that Muslim man from Pakistan can marry Christian woman from America? 

P.S. I am Pakistani Muslim who Married American Christian in Pakistan 2 months ago. Our marriage is legal here and registered as well plus Attested from Foreign Office of Pakistan as well.

Thank You! 

May be it will accept but you proov your relationship faithful , strong and legal . pray to allah for making easy and smooth process . You married american girl ,she is not American muslim ,she is Christine so they through froud marriage and all things , please be care full ,good luck 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, bilal467 said:

Hello! 

Did any American Christian woman marry Pakistani Muslim man in Pakistan and there visa got approved from US Embassy Islamabad?

I’m asking because I have read on some forum that US Embassy Islamabad doesn’t think that Muslim man from Pakistan can marry Christian woman from America? 

P.S. I am Pakistani Muslim who Married American Christian in Pakistan 2 months ago. Our marriage is legal here and registered as well plus Attested from Foreign Office of Pakistan as well.

Thank You! 

Congrats to the new couple :) I  have gone through the following links based on Immigrant visas and I didn't get to read anything about embassy/consulate in Islamabad, Karachi, Peshawar & Lahore not accepting applications from Pakistani Muslim married to American Christian. I would like you to send me the link to the website where you've read it because if it's true then it will help me assist others in similar situation.

https://pk.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/

https://pk.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/family-based-immigration/

Anyways my personal opinion is US Embassy/ Consulate will not judge your relationship based on religion but it's all about the genuinity of the marriage and how you guys will adapt coming from different backgrounds. I am a Hindu and married a Christian and I was approved. Be strong and your application will be approved. Good Luck :) 

K-1 (I-129F):

15-Jul-2016- I-129F filed

17-Mar-2017- Interview

19-APR-2017- K-1 Visa Approved

Adjustment of Status (I-485 & I-765):

07-AUG-2017- Date filed

14-AUG-2017- NOA1

04-MAY-2018- AOS interview/Approved

Lifting Conditions (I-751):

01-May-2020- Date filed

04-May-2020- NOA1

16-Sep-2021- Approved/No interview

Naturalization (N-400):

23-Feb-2023: Filed online

23-Feb-2023: NOA1

15-Mar-2023: Biometrics

11 minutes ago, Aviinashh said:

Congrats to the new couple :) I  have gone through the following links based on Immigrant visas and I didn't get to read anything about embassy/consulate in Islamabad, Karachi, Peshawar & Lahore not accepting applications from Pakistani Muslim married to American Christian. I would like you to send me the link to the website where you've read it because if it's true then it will help me assist others in similar situation.

https://pk.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/

https://pk.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/family-based-immigration/

Anyways my personal opinion is US Embassy/ Consulate will not judge your relationship based on religion but it's all about the genuinity of the marriage and how you guys will adapt coming from different backgrounds. I am a Hindu and married a Christian and I was approved. Be strong and your application will be approved. Good Luck :) 

here is the link. That lady named Carolyn said it. 

And are you from India or Pakistan?

Timeline
11 minutes ago, bilal467 said:

here is the link. That lady named Carolyn said it. 

And are you from India or Pakistan?

I read that post. Again it goes by case by case and they put AP on mostly all cases. For few applicants it can take days, weeks and months and very rarely years. I am from India and I was put on AP too. 

K-1 (I-129F):

17-Mar-2017- Interview

07-AUG-2017- Date filed

14-AUG-2017- NOA1

01-May-2020- Date filed

04-May-2020- NOA1

Naturalization (N-400):

4 minutes ago, Aviinashh said:

I read that post. Again it goes by case by case and they put AP on mostly all cases. For few applicants it can take days, weeks and months and very rarely years. I am from India and I was put on AP too. 

Yeah I know that put everyone on AP too. But what I don’t understand is that why they will question the legality of marriage papers wen it is legal according to Pakistan’s law and legally registered. 

Ofcourse, it must be backed by proofs of ongoing relationship. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, bilal467 said:

Yeah I know that put everyone on AP too. But what I don’t understand is that why they will question the legality of marriage papers wen it is legal according to Pakistan’s law and legally registered. 

Ofcourse, it must be backed by proofs of ongoing relationship. 

Sometimes it's this, they might legally get married by law and might have all papers but the embassy still scrutinize by looking at age gap, police records etc. They are trained to do that. SO have you guys filed for I-130 yet ?

K-1 (I-129F):

17-Mar-2017- Interview

07-AUG-2017- Date filed

14-AUG-2017- NOA1

01-May-2020- Date filed

04-May-2020- NOA1

Naturalization (N-400):

Just now, Aviinashh said:

Sometimes it's this, they might legally get married by law and might have all papers but the embassy still scrutinize by looking at age gap, police records etc. They are trained to do that. SO have you guys filed for I-130 yet ?

Yeah we have filed i-130. 

She came last year and stayed with me for 3 months. Came here this year for 3 months and got married. No age difference im 27 she is 24. We dnt have any previous marriages. Dont have any kids. Plus she is planning to come back again now in couple of days. The only Red Flag we have is different religion. Apart from that, we both have solid proofs of bonafidr marraige and ongoing relationship. 

Timeline
Just now, bilal467 said:

Yeah we have filed i-130. 

She came last year and stayed with me for 3 months. Came here this year for 3 months and got married. No age difference im 27 she is 24. We dnt have any previous marriages. Dont have any kids. Plus she is planning to come back again now in couple of days. The only Red Flag we have is different religion. Apart from that, we both have solid proofs of bonafidr marraige and ongoing relationship. 

Your case looks good and I still don't know why they think religion as a red flag but it's good that you guys have solid evidence. It will be better if she can attend the interview with you. Consulate/Embassy will allow it and hope that puts more weight on the process

K-1 (I-129F):

17-Mar-2017- Interview

07-AUG-2017- Date filed

14-AUG-2017- NOA1

01-May-2020- Date filed

04-May-2020- NOA1

Naturalization (N-400):

1 minute ago, Aviinashh said:

Your case looks good and I still don't know why they think religion as a red flag but it's good that you guys have solid evidence. It will be better if she can attend the interview with you. Consulate/Embassy will allow it and hope that puts more weight on the process

Well, I have seen only 2 posts where they quesioned legality of marriage between Pakistani muslim and American christian. This is why I made this topic so I want to know if they issued visa to any such couple from Islamabad Embassy. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.