Manuela Santos

Passport Status- Please help

6 posts in this topic

My fiance and I had our interview on October 5, 2017 in Dominican Republic.  At the time we were told his Visa was approved but would not be issued until he provided an extended and legalized copy of his son's birth certificate. Once received, he was advised they would notify him via email when his passport/visa is ready for pickup. However they did not give us a time frame.

My fiance dropped off the documents on October 13th. I've followed his progress on ustraveldocs and his status changed twice since he dropped off the documents.  First "Passport being delivered to post" then "you passpost is still with the Embassy."

Have any of you experienced this? Any idea regarding the timeframe this usually takes?  It's difficult to make travel plans or any plans for that matter without knowing if it will be a week, a month or longer.  We are very happy and grateful to be approved but also anxious and a little nervous about how long this could take.  Thanks in advance.  

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Manuela Santos said:

My fiance and I had our interview on October 5, 2017 in Dominican Republic.  At the time we were told his Visa was approved but would not be issued until he provided an extended and legalized copy of his son's birth certificate. Once received, he was advised they would notify him via email when his passport/visa is ready for pickup. However they did not give us a time frame.

My fiance dropped off the documents on October 13th. I've followed his progress on ustraveldocs and his status changed twice since he dropped off the documents.  First "Passport being delivered to post" then "you passpost is still with the Embassy."

Have any of you experienced this? Any idea regarding the timeframe this usually takes?  It's difficult to make travel plans or any plans for that matter without knowing if it will be a week, a month or longer.  We are very happy and grateful to be approved but also anxious and a little nervous about how long this could take.  Thanks in advance.  

Yes...When I went for the K visa interview all went well but the visa officer asked me to submit UK police certificate (I didn't take it with me) so he gave me back my passport and asked me to drop off UK PC and Passport at local US consulate. Until then my status on https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=WwjqOlbeRYzCYubaSQI+RA== was "Administration Processing". After I dropped off UK PC & Passport the status changed from AP> Ready> AP>ISSUED..all within 7 days. After that within 2 working days I went to collect my passport at the local US consulate. 

K-1 (I-129F):

15-Jul-2016- I-129F filed

17-Mar-2017- Interview

19-APR-2017- K-1 Visa Approved

Adjustment of Status (I-485 & I-765):

07-AUG-2017- Date filed

14-AUG-2017- NOA1

04-MAY-2018- AOS interview/Approved

Lifting Conditions (I-751):

01-May-2020- Date filed

04-May-2020- NOA1

16-Sep-2021- Approved/No interview

Naturalization (N-400):

23-Feb-2023: Filed online

23-Feb-2023: NOA1

15-Mar-2023: Biometrics

7 minutes ago, Aviinashh said:

Yes...When I went for the K visa interview all went well but the visa officer asked me to submit UK police certificate (I didn't take it with me) so he gave me back my passport and asked me to drop off UK PC and Passport at local US consulate. Until then my status on https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=WwjqOlbeRYzCYubaSQI+RA== was "Administration Processing". After I dropped off UK PC & Passport the status changed from AP> Ready> AP>ISSUED..all within 7 days. After that within 2 working days I went to collect my passport at the local US consulate. 

Thank you. This helps!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Manuela Santos said:

Thank you. This helps!

You are welcome and do update us after you receive your passport. Make sure to check all info on visa including the expiry dates and spellings. Good luck :) 

K-1 (I-129F):

17-Mar-2017- Interview

07-AUG-2017- Date filed

14-AUG-2017- NOA1

01-May-2020- Date filed

04-May-2020- NOA1

Naturalization (N-400):

Filed: Timeline
17 minutes ago, Aviinashh said:

But remember, every Embassy or Consulate has different IV workload and staffing patterns.  What is possible at one Embassy/Consulate may not be the norm for another.  Not trying to be negative, and hope yours comes through just as quickly, but don't make travel or other plans based on this.  Wait until you have the passport/visa in hand before doing so.

Edited by jan22

Timeline

Agree with @jan22 Administrative Processing will take time. Few days to few weeks to months as well. Hope his passport comes through fast so that you both can be here during the holiday season :) Do not make any travel plans until your have your passport in hand. 

K-1 (I-129F):

17-Mar-2017- Interview

07-AUG-2017- Date filed

14-AUG-2017- NOA1

01-May-2020- Date filed

04-May-2020- NOA1

Naturalization (N-400):

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.