Meanis

Evidence with I-130 or after?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Slovakia
Timeline

Hello everyone

I would like to ask a question about Evidence.

My hubby filed for I-130 and did not include any evidence (photos, calls, ...). Our lawyer recommended to include evidence only if asked by NVC. And take it for interview. 

I have read here that a lot of people included it with I-130, so the officer have time to take a look on it

Any thoughts? 

thank everyone for shared thoughts and time! I really appreciate that here is so many helpful people. 

All we submitted along with the requested evidence was 2 sworn affidavits and my I-94 record showing my travel history to the States. If they require any further evidence I'm sure they will contact us.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline
5 hours ago, Meanis said:

Hello everyone

My hubby filed for I-130 and did not include any evidence (photos, calls, ...). Our lawyer recommended to include evidence only if asked by NVC. And take it for interview. 

I have read here that a lot of people included it with I-130, so the officer have time to take a look on it

Any thoughts? 

thank everyone for shared thoughts and time! I really appreciate that here is so many helpful people. 

Send as much evidence as you can with the I-130..pictures, flight confirmations, vacation receipts, joint bank account statements (if you have one), phone logs, e-mails, anything you can think of. That way they won't request for additional evidence, be sure you avoid that.

N400 filed - online: 10/30/2020

NOA: 11/02/2020

Bio reuse: 12/30/2020

USCIS changed to "Interview Scheduled": 06/07/2021

Interview Date: 07/14/2021 Approved!

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony will be scheduled": 07/15/2021

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony notice mailed": 07/20/2021

Oath Ceremony: 08/06/2021 🇺🇸

Timeline

Oh I'm sorry, I just realized that your husband already sent the petition. A marriage certificate is not enough, this doesnt prove you entered the marriage in good faith. It's on the USCIS checklist for the i-130 as well - proof of bona fide marriage. 

I feel like your lawyer is giving some ba advice because the NVC doesn't request proof of bona fide marriage. 

When did your husband file for you?

Timeline
1 hour ago, SabRob said:

Oh I'm sorry, I just realized that your husband already sent the petition. A marriage certificate is not enough, this doesnt prove you entered the marriage in good faith. It's on the USCIS checklist for the i-130 as well - proof of bona fide marriage. 

I feel like your lawyer is giving some ba advice because the NVC doesn't request proof of bona fide marriage. 

When did your husband file for you?

Might be. My hubby filed a few months ago. So far, we have NOA1. Now its waiting for NOA2, where they can ask (and probably will) for additional info. Not sure how long it can prolong the case. 

The lawyer told us about sending evidence only if asked, and surely for interview at embassy.

6 hours ago, StuBear65 said:

All we submitted along with the requested evidence was 2 sworn affidavits and my I-94 record showing my travel history to the States. If they require any further evidence I'm sure they will contact us.

Just checked, we sent a joint bank account statement too.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Meanis said:

Might be. My hubby filed a few months ago. So far, we have NOA1. Now its waiting for NOA2, where they can ask (and probably will) for additional info. Not sure how long it can prolong the case. 

The lawyer told us about sending evidence only if asked, and surely for interview at embassy.

If they send you an RFE (request for further evidence) and once they receive your documents it can take about 60 days until they reach a decision. Although it has taken longer for some people. Anyway, what's done is done, just hope that if they send you an RFE it doesn't take months on end for USCIS to make a decision!

Timeline
1 minute ago, SabRob said:

If they send you an RFE (request for further evidence) and once they receive your documents it can take about 60 days until they reach a decision. Although it has taken longer for some people. Anyway, what's done is done, just hope that if they send you an RFE it doesn't take months on end for USCIS to make a decision!

Ufff I hope for that too!!! :D Two months is nothing compare to what we have been and will be through time wise anyway.. 

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
9 hours ago, Meanis said:

Hello everyone

Any thoughts? 

I never included any evidence.  Just provided what they asked for.

Timeline
3 hours ago, SabRob said:

Send as much evidence as you can with the I-130..pictures, flight confirmations, vacation receipts, joint bank account statements (if you have one), phone logs, e-mails, anything you can think of. That way they won't request for additional evidence, be sure you avoid that.

For K1 yes, for IR1 not needed.

Timeline
8 hours ago, Aster said:

I have I-94 question ,  I visited USA last June for 30 days visit ... When I submitted my i-94 form to visa officer and he did not give it to me back ,   I came back and then checked my I-94 online status ,  it shows my entry date , full length visa issued (which was 6 months) ..

my question is how they are informed that I have come back after 30 days ?  Should I inform them that I came back to my country

LOL - they know

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

For K1 yes, for IR1 not needed.

It ultimately comes down to the officer adjudicating the petition...if they feel like they need more evidence in order to make a decision they will send an RFE which will delay things. Always better to be on the safe side :)

Timeline

2 minutes ago, SabRob said:

It ultimately comes down to the officer adjudicating the petition...if they feel like they need more evidence in order to make a decision they will send an RFE which will delay things. Always better to be on the safe side :)

One time about 6 years ago an IO adjudicated an I-130 at the counter in front of me.  There were a few extra things in the package.  He went through the package one by one and tossed every single extra piece of paper that was not specifically asked for back across the counter at me, tapped the remaining into a stack. paper-clipped them, and told me thanks, approved, we would be hearing from them soon.

8 days later we had a Packet III in our email inbox.

An I-130 package that meets the requested level of documentation is fine.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

my sister with PD 2/9/2017 Potomac service center I 130. Married w. us citizen , sent just the marriage certificate, was the only evidence, they got married in November, and they sent the petition in February, wasn't asked for a RFE,  and it was approved in 4 months, so I think it depends of the officers  and their mood and your luck 😅😂

Edited by Elisa Segovia

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.