gingerb

Global Entry and Citizenship

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hi there,

I recently got removal of conditions approved and applied for global entry since I travel a lot outside of the country for work. My global entry got denied because I had a visa overstay in the past 10 years. Does any of you know if this denial will have an effect on my citizenship application or will show up as I enter the US?

Wah.. I shouldn't have applied!

It will not effect you application for citizenship. Global entry is just a different process.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
1 hour ago, SteveG1003 said:

Shouldn't affect anything, just waste $100 application fee. That said, I didn't know that a green card holder can apply for Global Entry.

Yes GC holders can apply for global entry. I am a GC holder and just got approved for global entry.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
17 hours ago, SteveG1003 said:

That said, I didn't know that a green card holder can apply for Global Entry.

GC holders are eligible for Global Entry but if you are a citizen of one of the countries listed here, you don't even have to be a GC holder.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.