6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

hey guys, im hoping everyone is having a good day. I have two main questions that im unsure of but feel like I should know before I make my upcoming plans solid. if everything goes as the timelines say, the petition I sent it would be apporoved in January (crosses fingers it doesn't take longer).

the first question would be, after the approval of the petition (again, fingers crossed) how long would the rest of the process take? I know there is never a for sure amount of time. assuming we do everything correct, a guesstimate works.

my second question is, is there a deadline on when I can send in the affidavit of support? I plan to go next month to s.korea and spend the upcoming holidays with my husband until february but, im worried about that. lets say the affidavit of support form arrives and/or I have to fill it out but im not there in the US yet?

thanks guys!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

did you send in a good email ID for USCIS to contact you

if not, give them one

March u applied so u could be looking for a NOA2 within the time u are gone (just a guess / don't count on it)

but all my info after sending application came in email

i got the notice and paid the 2 fees online and then filled out the 2 applications on my computer

after getting notice of arrival and new case number from NVC you can collect his criminal investigation report and your income verification to send in with the bar code cover sheet that comes from NVC and any other documents they require

remember to add the NVC embassy case number plus both names and both DOB's  to each and every document along with the bar code instruction sheet in 1 mailing as things get lost in immigration shuffle

good luck

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
32 minutes ago, jaliuana said:

hey guys, im hoping everyone is having a good day. I have two main questions that im unsure of but feel like I should know before I make my upcoming plans solid. if everything goes as the timelines say, the petition I sent it would be apporoved in January (crosses fingers it doesn't take longer).

the first question would be, after the approval of the petition (again, fingers crossed) how long would the rest of the process take? I know there is never a for sure amount of time. assuming we do everything correct, a guesstimate works.

my second question is, is there a deadline on when I can send in the affidavit of support? I plan to go next month to s.korea and spend the upcoming holidays with my husband until february but, im worried about that. lets say the affidavit of support form arrives and/or I have to fill it out but im not there in the US yet?

thanks guys!

Answers:

• The most optimistic estimate from the time you receive an approval notice from USCIS to the time you receive a case complete from the NVC is 2-3 months.
  • Once the NVC has your case, it remains active for 1 year from the date of the most recent communication.  You can download the form yourself whenever it is convenient, fill it out anywhere, and submit it at the appropriate time.  The form will not "arrive" from anywhere.

4 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

did you send in a good email ID for USCIS to contact you

if not, give them one

OP, USCIS does not typically communicate by email so I wouldn't bother doing this.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Ryan H said:

OP, USCIS does not typically communicate by email so I wouldn't bother doing this.

The reason an email address for the petitioner is asked for on the I-130 is not so USCIS can send the petitioner emails.  It's so NVC can.  Since the email is asked for on the form, it would be strange not to have already provided it.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

everything from the 1st notice of receipt to the interview appointment came to my email

for those who did it years ago Immigration is changing

the NOA1, the NOA2 the notice that all had gone to embassy and interview appointment came to my email

never had a hard paper copy of any of this

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, adil-rafa said:

everything from the 1st notice of receipt to the interview appointment came to my email

for those who did it years ago Immigration is changing

the NOA1, the NOA2 the notice that all had gone to embassy and interview appointment came to my email

never had a hard paper copy of any of this

Until the latest I-130 version was issued less than a year ago, the I-130 (then a two-page form not twelve as it is today) didn't even have a place to give USCIS an email address.  For more than a decade though, you could register for email updates, AFTER you had a receipt notice NOA1.  Without a case number, (from the paper receipt) you couldn't even register for email updates.

If you never got any paper notices, that was an error on USCIS's part or you moved and they weren't forwarded.  It happens but it has NEVER been USCIS's policy to communicate by email unless the petitioner REQUESTS it.  Even then, they would still send the paper notices to US addresses.  

Registering for USCIS email updates will not assure that NVC has your email address when they get the case.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.