Carolina Dalton

K1 FIANCE VISA HOW WE MEET HELP ME TO REVIEW MY ATTACHMENT

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey guys I'm not the best typing in english so Can you guys help me reviewing this attachment, thank you.

ATTACHMENT 

I-129F Supplement: Part 2, Questions 54 Explanation of Meeting in person

HOW I MEET SALOMON A. C. O.

We were Facebook friends, He is from Cali - Colombia, and I am from Cali - Colombia too

So we have mutual friends in Facebook and I send him a friend request on fb, and we talk sometimes on fb but not too much, because I was living in USA so I didn’t have too much time and we were not close friends or anything, we just talk about things like music, or tattoos that we have in common, and sometimes I told him that he was cute but that all. On July of 2016 I fly to Colombia for Vacations and Visiting my family in Cali, Colombia, and I told him I was in Colombia and He ask me to go out a couple of times.

IN PERSON MEETING   We Meet  on August 15 of 2016

On a Facebook Message He ask me if we can go out and finally that day I didn’t have nothing to do so  I told him YES, we go to the mall that was close to my grandparents house (I was staying with them) , and We meet for the first time, He gave me a kiss on the cheek, I was nervous but I start feeling more comfortable talking to him, he bring me something to eat (potato chips and soda), the night was pretty good but it was late and I have to go back to my grandparents house I said bye to him.

Next day I told him that I thought He was really cute on a Facebook message, and He told me really? I think you are cute too, next day He told me to go to the same mall and I told him why we don’t go to eat, so we went to my favorite restaurant called Crepes and Waffles, and after eating he take me to my grandparents house and gave me a kiss.

He used to work very close to my grandparents house, so we start going out and then developed a relationship, He visit me after work almost every day, because he used to work very close to my grandparent’s house in Cali, Colombia , He meet my family, and everyone like him cause he is very nice and funny, so he was more than welcome to my house.

I have to go back to USA because I was a Green Card holder so I can’t stay outside USA for more than 4 months, so  he take me to the airport and we start crying, I didn’t know what to do but I have to leave, in USA he call me everyday and I was very sad,  at that time I was doing my citizenship so I thought that maybe I can go to Colombia and Stay a little longer when I got my US Citizenship so I buy an airplane ticket and went to Cali - Colombia again.

I fly to Cali - Colombia on December 24 of 2016  

We keep  talking on the phone while I was in USA, and I told him that I want to be with  him, so I buy an airplane ticket to Colombia and I fly on December 24 of 2016, He was waiting for me in the airport, I was very happy to see him again, I kiss him and give him a lot of kisses.

I was staying at my grandparents house but I didn’t want to stay in there anymore, he told me to find an apartment and live together, we found one and we sign a lease for an apartment  his parents help us to co-sign for the apartment,  I live with him for 8 months and Stay in Cali, Colombia for 10 months,  and I told him that I will have to go back to USA, because I wasn’t working and I need to work, I need money, I didn’t have much savings left, So I buy an Airplane ticket to fly to USA on October 26 of 2017, I told him that I was thinking that we can do the K1 FIANCE VISA, so we can be together and have a better life, he agreed with me, so we start this journey, It will be hard to be apart, But I will do this for Us.

C. C. C.   

Edited by Ryan H
Reason for edit: to remove full names.

Without reading too much into the second paragraph, I think you are giving too much details. I could be wrong. I personally imagine someone reviewing your case not reading it all.

Yeah I think it's way too long and detailed also. 

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Timeline
54 minutes ago, Sav&Har said:

Without reading too much into the second paragraph, I think you are giving too much details. I could be wrong. I personally imagine someone reviewing your case not reading it all.

Really? I have seen people who attach like 5 or 10 pages lol, I did mine very short but I thought it was too short. so I write a little more.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Carolina Dalton said:

Really? I have seen people who attach like 5 or 10 pages lol, I did mine very short but I thought it was too short. so I write a little more.

Hi,

We didn't get approved yet so I don't really know if my advice would mean anything. My fiance wrote 2 pages he also used it as a timeline of our relationship. But he had 3 lines in each paragraph, because we had a lot of trips (9 times) he just outlined them. Like, "1 month later she came to visit me in Spain where I was deployed and we spent a week. She met with my friends and went to a New Years party together." 

I think you give give too much detail in a way of who said what, like he told you to get an apartment together etc. which can be interpreted in any way in the eye of another person. It doesn't have to be too long. You guys lived together for 10 months, which is a really strong relationship case in this kind of situations I believe. Wrote it simply maybe one page. And support your case with pictures of you two and family and events like celebrating Christmas or moving day. Maybe 7-10 pictures. 

Good luck! 

Also so you were worried about typing English, maybe it's better to get it checked by a family member just in case, but I didn't see any big mistakes. 

Edited by Naes

Timeline

Remember the only important topic they need to know is where and when and how you guys met-spent time. I know you will be searching for a job (from your other post) but do not write anything that will make them look further into unnecessary things. Like you being unemployed at the moment. (We are in the same boat with being unemployed issue)

Edited by Naes

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Naes said:

Remember the only important topic they need to know is where and when and how you guys met-spent time. I know you will be searching for a job (from your other post) but do not write anything that will make them look further into unnecessary things. Like you being unemployed at the moment. (We are in the same boat with being unemployed issue)

Oh okay I will take that away, what about the citizenship and having a green card should take that away too? because I entry to Colombia with my colombian passport so I have copies or my colombian passport as a proof so they can understand that at that time I wasn't a citizen of us 

Edited by Carolina Dalton

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Naes said:

Oh I just realized something important I miswrote write that you are unemployed where it's needed but you don't have to emphasize in this letter. If you want to say being apart is hard but you need to go back in order to finance you two, say for example "even though it is hard to be apart from my loved one, I head back to USA in order to prepare for our future." 

Maybe.. I wish we all had the legit answers to these questions...

Timeline
1 minute ago, Carolina Dalton said:

Oh okay I will take that away, what about the citizenship and having a green card should take that away too?

You already have your citizenship. So I don't see any reason to put it. You don't have to say anything. Your life was in US. You just went back to your life after visiting your relatives from what I understood

Honestly, Item 54 can be succinctly answered with just a couple of lines. There's no need for a novel. Your evidence will do the talking.

Keep it to the point by stating when and where you met in person and how many days you spent together. That's more than enough.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Timeline

Okay so I will stick to my first attachment that was like very short lol, and I see other videos and they have tons of pages, and I was thinking wow what if they think my short attachment don't show how much I love my bf lol.

Timeline
Just now, KULtoATL said:

Honestly, Item 54 can be succinctly answered with just a couple of lines. There's no need for a novel. Your evidence will do the talking.

Keep it to the point by stating when and where you met in person and how many days you spent together. That's more than enough.

I wish I knew that back then too!

i admit I enjoyed him writing the letter tho... 

Timeline

But I really post this so you guys can help me with my english, Cause I know I might have some mistakes like met and meet? Idk I still get confused with these two verbs meet and met.

6 hours ago, Naes said:

I wish I knew that back then too!

i admit I enjoyed him writing the letter tho... 

LOL. Print it and frame it up :)

6 hours ago, Carolina Dalton said:

Okay so I will stick to my first attachment that was like very short lol, and I see other videos and they have tons of pages, and I was thinking wow what if they think my short attachment don't show how much I love my bf lol.

Every adjudicator reviews many, many case files each day. You don't wanna bore them unnecessarily other than provide them with straightforward info that doesn't require a lot of re-reading or guessing games. Skip all the YouTube videos out there. Most of them are outdated and #######. 

6 hours ago, Carolina Dalton said:

But I really post this so you guys can help me with my english, Cause I know I might have some mistakes like met and meet? Idk I still get confused with these two verbs meet and met.

Meet is present tense. Met is past tense.

Ps: Everyone can write a story to try to prove how loving or real they are as a couple but it's just that, a story. USCIS is not here to read a potentially fake love story. They want facts. So give them facts dear gal!

Edited by Ryan H
Reason for edit: to remove alternate spelling of profanity.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.