6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Venezuela
Timeline

At the interview my fiancé was told that her visa was approved, amd that they would be contacting her with a number to present to DHL via the website that the embassy works with so that she could receive her visa and packet including passport.... she has not recieved any number and I was wondering on the possibilities of why she has not been able to recieve it.... 

How long ago was her interview? What is her K-1 visa application status on the NVC tracker https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

After a visa interview, there will be an administrative processing period for everyone prior to the actual issuance of the visa. Could be long or short, varies between applicants. 

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Congrats on her visa approval :) ...after what @KULtoATL has said, once she sees the status change to "ISSUED" your fiancee will receive a email/text message saying your passport is ready  and you will receive that number to show it to DHL staff. In some countries you will have to personally go to the consulate and show your ID and collect your passport. 

Edited by Aviinashh M

K-1 (I-129F):

15-Jul-2016- I-129F filed

17-Mar-2017- Interview

19-APR-2017- K-1 Visa Approved

Adjustment of Status (I-485 & I-765):

07-AUG-2017- Date filed

14-AUG-2017- NOA1

04-MAY-2018- AOS interview/Approved

Lifting Conditions (I-751):

01-May-2020- Date filed

04-May-2020- NOA1

16-Sep-2021- Approved/No interview

Naturalization (N-400):

23-Feb-2023: Filed online

23-Feb-2023: NOA1

15-Mar-2023: Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi Paisano,

Congrats on her visa approval. Things have change since I got my k1 because before, you get like a receipt with a number where you can review the status of the visa and then when it was ready, I went to DHL to pick it up.

How long ago was the interview? It took me 11 days to get my package. So if it was just a couple of days ago, maybe is still within the frame.

Did they tell her how they were going to contact her? Phone, email? your email? mail

I strongly suggest you to send an email to the customer service of Caracas embassy. I remember my husband was the only one who could contact them because they ignored me (I was the beneficiary) maybe you been an USC is easier for you to contact them. 

They don't answer like right away but is worth the shot

Another thing, please remind your fiance than once she received the package she can't open it. She is going to received 2 yellow envelopes: one huge with all the k1 visa forms and another one super small that contains her passport. Of course the one with the passport, she must open it. The large must remains closed and undamaged and only can be opened by an immigration officer here in the States during her check in at the POE. And of course the large package must travel with her in her carry on bag...if she places it in a suitcase she wont be able to reach out to it.

Guardias nacionales at the airport are POS, and every venezuelan knows that. They are experts on boycotting travelers and make them lose time and money. She must concealed the package because, if they want to, they can open the package unable her process to move to the States. She literally can't moved if the large package is ripped or open. What I did is that put it at the bottom of my carryon luggage, and I put my laptop, paperwork, a few magazines and a few Tampax hahahahahahahahahahaha I did it on purpose because men usually feels grossed out by feminine products even when they are still in their packages....they opened the bag and as soon as they saw the tampax they make this ewww gesture and then proceeded to close it without even touching the content. 

Is unfortunate, but they like to make people suffer especially those who are moving. And that's the other thing....She should't be disclosing that she is moving out of the country, that's going to make her a target for more unnecessary scrutiny. I bought a 2 way ticket and just said I was visiting family and going on a short vacation, that's it. 

Edited by Andrea&Henry

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

On 09/10/2017 at 1:00 AM, AbeDaBabe01 said:

At the interview my fiancé was told that her visa was approved, amd that they would be contacting her with a number to present to DHL via the website that the embassy works with so that she could receive her visa and packet including passport.... she has not recieved any number and I was wondering on the possibilities of why she has not been able to recieve it.... 

Hello , congratulations on ur fiancée's visa approval may I ask you please how long did the whole thing took? Thank you in advance ☺

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.