Sidman24

What if my embassy closes? Venezuela

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hello everyone!

As many of you may know the situation in Venezuela is getting worse every day. The relations with the Trump administration and Venezuela are also deteriorating quickly. I was wondering what would happen if the embassy in Caracas ( Venezuela ) would close for some reason? Is there still a way to complete the K1 process? I have a feeling Venezuela could go down the same path Cuba is going in terms or relations with the United States. I'm not sure if the embassy in Cuba is processing immigrants visas, and I don't want Venezuela to get to that point. Does anyone have thoughts or opinions on this subject? We will plan to file for the K1 early next year after she visits in December.

Thank you everyone!

Filed: Timeline

I do not know the situation with that particular Embassy but I can tell you not all Embassies do the K visa. For example in Scandinavia the only Embassy that does is Sweden. So people in the surrounding countries have to travel there for the K visa. You cant obtain it in the Norwegian Embassy. It would be the same thing. Forced travel to another location that does it. 

Timeline
21 hours ago, Damara said:

I do not know the situation with that particular Embassy but I can tell you not all Embassies do the K visa. For example in Scandinavia the only Embassy that does is Sweden. So people in the surrounding countries have to travel there for the K visa. You cant obtain it in the Norwegian Embassy. It would be the same thing. Forced travel to another location that does it. 

I see.. well it is also very hard for many Venezuelans to travel at the moment, so I hope if something like that did happen it wouldn't be too far. The process itself is already stressful let alone dealing with a country that hates the United States ): ... Thank you for your input

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
On 10/8/2017 at 11:35 AM, Sidman24 said:

I see.. well it is also very hard for many Venezuelans to travel at the moment, so I hope if something like that did happen it wouldn't be too far. The process itself is already stressful let alone dealing with a country that hates the United States ): ... Thank you for your input

I understand your concerned as I myself I'm Venezuelan. 

Although you have a valid concern I strongly doubt that's going to happen anytime soon. United States have embassies in country who are currently in war, for ex Afghanistan and Iraq.  They have been under several attacks by the Islamic states and they haven't retrieve their people. So I although I know things are getting super nasty, if in a country that is going through a war like Iraq still have an US embassy, I think Venezuela would be alright for now.

Sure things can change, but I guess in that case, they will allow Venezuelans to do their immigration affair through Colombia and/or Aruba and Curacao which are the nearest embassy/ consulate

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Timeline
3 hours ago, Andrea&Henry said:

I understand your concerned as I myself I'm Venezuelan. 

Although you have a valid concern I strongly doubt that's going to happen anytime soon. United States have embassies in country who are currently in war, for ex Afghanistan and Iraq.  They have been under several attacks by the Islamic states and they haven't retrieve their people. So I although I know things are getting super nasty, if in a country that is going through a war like Iraq still have an US embassy, I think Venezuela would be alright for now.

Sure things can change, but I guess in that case, they will allow Venezuelans to do their immigration affair through Colombia and/or Aruba and Curacao which are the nearest embassy/ consulate

That's very true. I know a couple months ago they told the embassy's worker's families to leave.. and also with the latest travel ban things aren't looking good. I can only hope for the best though.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
13 hours ago, Sidman24 said:

That's very true. I know a couple months ago they told the embassy's worker's families to leave.. and also with the latest travel ban things aren't looking good. I can only hope for the best though.

In my opinion, things were worst diplomatically speaking when Chavez was alive. There were a lot of tension between Chavez and Washington to the point the Miami Consulate was closed, leaving everybody that lives in Florida (Venezuelans) strained. That happens under Chavez and Bush administration. 

But now we have Trump, and apparently he is the type of guy the walk the talk for good and for bad. If he does something for Venezuela, it could be our hope but of course that mean, diplomatic relationships will be broken forever. But I see, no US government ever did something to removed Fidel Castro after 50 years, I highly doubt they are going to do anything against Maduro.

Also, the emabssy remained open during las protestas in may and june. I helped a guy in VJ who happened to have his interview in one of the worst days of the protestas. The poor guy had to travel by bus for 5 hrs to Caracas and then, take the subway. He grabbed the only and LAST bus that pass in front of the embassy (THE LAST ONE OF THAT DAY), because streets were closed and it was extremely dangerous to be outside, there were no cabs. He not only made it to the embassy but he told me everything looked normal inside. He got approved on the spot. He moved 5 months ago to the States and he is already enjoying his married life. With this being said, don't worry to much for things that haven't happened.

I know your concern is valid is not like crazy, but I don't see that happening anytime soon, and even if it happens, a short trip to Bogota is not expensive at all but I think that's a remote possibility. Trust me, this process is already stressing and daunting enough to add more worries to your back. Remain Focus on what is important, that is having all your ducks in a row to bring your fiance here.

I've been in VJ helping other Venezuelan folks for 6 years now, going myself through the process, so I definitely know how you feel. Good and very positive thing is that the k1 is not as long as the cr1 visa (visa for spouse) and the interview is relatively quick and easy. I've helped 15-18 couples so  far and the only rejection I saw, was a couple and the petitioner filed bankruptcy earlier that year, and was currently unemployed. I even tell him, get your stuff together before attempting to bring someone in your mess. I told him to wait at least until you have a stable job but the person decided to ignore my adviced and I ended being right. His fiance got denied, not even  had the chance to appealed. The rest is being an easy process. So focus on the positive and think that everything is going to be alright. Man, time goes by, when you think you have a long road ahead of you, in a blink of an eye, is the day she is moving with you. It does goes by super fast!! and after she is here, it goes by even faster. 

I've 5.5 years here and I still can't believe it's being that long already!

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Timeline
10 hours ago, Andrea&Henry said:

In my opinion, things were worst diplomatically speaking when Chavez was alive. There were a lot of tension between Chavez and Washington to the point the Miami Consulate was closed, leaving everybody that lives in Florida (Venezuelans) strained. That happens under Chavez and Bush administration. 

But now we have Trump, and apparently he is the type of guy the walk the talk for good and for bad. If he does something for Venezuela, it could be our hope but of course that mean, diplomatic relationships will be broken forever. But I see, no US government ever did something to removed Fidel Castro after 50 years, I highly doubt they are going to do anything against Maduro.

Also, the emabssy remained open during las protestas in may and june. I helped a guy in VJ who happened to have his interview in one of the worst days of the protestas. The poor guy had to travel by bus for 5 hrs to Caracas and then, take the subway. He grabbed the only and LAST bus that pass in front of the embassy (THE LAST ONE OF THAT DAY), because streets were closed and it was extremely dangerous to be outside, there were no cabs. He not only made it to the embassy but he told me everything looked normal inside. He got approved on the spot. He moved 5 months ago to the States and he is already enjoying his married life. With this being said, don't worry to much for things that haven't happened.

I know your concern is valid is not like crazy, but I don't see that happening anytime soon, and even if it happens, a short trip to Bogota is not expensive at all but I think that's a remote possibility. Trust me, this process is already stressing and daunting enough to add more worries to your back. Remain Focus on what is important, that is having all your ducks in a row to bring your fiance here.

I've been in VJ helping other Venezuelan folks for 6 years now, going myself through the process, so I definitely know how you feel. Good and very positive thing is that the k1 is not as long as the cr1 visa (visa for spouse) and the interview is relatively quick and easy. I've helped 15-18 couples so  far and the only rejection I saw, was a couple and the petitioner filed bankruptcy earlier that year, and was currently unemployed. I even tell him, get your stuff together before attempting to bring someone in your mess. I told him to wait at least until you have a stable job but the person decided to ignore my adviced and I ended being right. His fiance got denied, not even  had the chance to appealed. The rest is being an easy process. So focus on the positive and think that everything is going to be alright. Man, time goes by, when you think you have a long road ahead of you, in a blink of an eye, is the day she is moving with you. It does goes by super fast!! and after she is here, it goes by even faster. 

I've 5.5 years here and I still can't believe it's being that long already!

wow your words are truly inspirational! Is there any way we can stay connected so I know I have a friend like you when I'm actually going through the process? I don't want to lose someone like you! haha. I cannot thank you enough for the kind words and I hope you are right. My girlfriend is visiting me in December, and after that we will begin the process. Let me know how we can stay connected, ( if you are interested ) and thanks again for your words. My girlfriend tells me people in Venezuela are no longer living, they are surviving... I hope nothing bad happens after this Sunday's elections. Thank you again amiga.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Iran is probably the most common, think they have 3 neighbouring Consulates they can use. Jordan, Turkey and UAE?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
On 10/13/2017 at 6:57 PM, Sidman24 said:

wow your words are truly inspirational! Is there any way we can stay connected so I know I have a friend like you when I'm actually going through the process? I don't want to lose someone like you! haha. I cannot thank you enough for the kind words and I hope you are right. My girlfriend is visiting me in December, and after that we will begin the process. Let me know how we can stay connected, ( if you are interested ) and thanks again for your words. My girlfriend tells me people in Venezuela are no longer living, they are surviving... I hope nothing bad happens after this Sunday's elections. Thank you again amiga.

Hi Sidman, Andrea is awesome she has helped me with many questions, I am also Venezuelan and am waiting for the process of k1 fiancee visa, for my fiancee. I understand your concern as I am concern for my fiancee as well, she tells me things are just getting worst everyday. You can also add me as i am going through the process at the moment. Any questions you may have i can answer if i have encounter them. The world is a better place when we all help each other no? 

Hope you have a nice day!

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 10/17/2017 at 12:58 PM, Jesus said:

Hi Sidman, Andrea is awesome she has helped me with many questions, I am also Venezuelan and am waiting for the process of k1 fiancee visa, for my fiancee. I understand your concern as I am concern for my fiancee as well, she tells me things are just getting worst everyday. You can also add me as i am going through the process at the moment. Any questions you may have i can answer if i have encounter them. The world is a better place when we all help each other no? 

Hope you have a nice day!

for sure!! sorry for the late response, ill send you a message on here! (:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.