Barbsway

No more K1 visa’s

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Has anyone have any information on the K1 visa ban? And if so what exactly does it state? CBS evening news had a story on tonight that as of October 15, 2017 no more K1 visa’s will be issued. My fiancé has a appointment on Oct. 15, 2017 for his interview. I am so apprehensive right now!! I’m already that way because last year 2016 he was turned down 4 times. 2 for B-2 Visa to visit me and 2 x for student visa to study here. All we wanted to do was to spend time together and see if it would work out for us but I had to go to him and it was a difficult trip as I am disabled and traveling 7,000 to a forigen country wasn’t ideal for me. But I did it and all worked out good for us now we face this. It is almost too much for one person to bear. So if anyone has any info please let me know. Also if we are turned down at the interview what recourses do we have. Thank you all so very much. 

No, you've got it wrong. K-1 visas are exempt as long as they prove bona fide relationship with a petitioner. 

What country is your fiancé in? 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, milimelo said:

No, you've got it wrong. K-1 visas are exempt as long as they prove bona fide relationship with a petitioner. 

he is from Egypt.

K1 visas are NOT banned.  that is not true! but you are disabled? do you work? are you able to support the financial things? that could come up in the K1 visa and it could be a problem.  goodluck tho! how much younger is your fiance by the way? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Are you still in Egypt?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Hi There April Filers! 😍 i too was an April Filer. But I got a rejection notice about expired forms. So I sent the current versions of the forms again along with a green paper they sent me to put on top of my case. What is this paper for?! The rejection notice from April was a NOA1 with a recept number. And the second NOA1 had a different recieved date (September). Which date should I expect USCIS to use as my filing date timeline? Is that green paper used to send my case back to April? 

Edited by Mordechai

Timeline
41 minutes ago, milimelo said:

I just heard it on CBS news that as of Oct. 15 they are no longer allowing K1 visa’s. He is in Egypt. 

Edited by Barbsway

Timeline
46 minutes ago, milimelo said:

Egypt CBS news is wrong then? 

Edited by Barbsway

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Barbsway said:

I just heard it on CBS news that as of Oct. 15 they are no longer allowing K1 visa’s

39 minutes ago, caliliving said:

he is from Egypt.

K1 visas are NOT banned.  that is not true! but you are disabled? do you work? are you able to support the financial things? that could come up in the K1 visa and it could be a problem.  goodluck tho! how much younger is your fiance by the way? 

I do not work but I have a co sponsor

Timeline
42 minutes ago, caliliving said:

he is from Egypt.

I do not work but I have a co sponsor. He is in Egypt. 

Timeline
51 minutes ago, milimelo said:

Egypt

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Are you still in Egypt?

33 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Are you still in Egypt?

50 minutes ago, caliliving said:

he is from Egypt.

54 minutes ago, milimelo said:

55 minutes ago, milimelo said:

52 minutes ago, caliliving said:

he is from Egypt.

36 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Are you still in Egypt?

No. I was there in Nov 2016

37 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Are you still in Egypt?

What is your fiance's nationality? There is no ban for Egyptians right now.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
4 minutes ago, geowrian said:

What is your fiance's nationality? There is no ban for Egyptians right now.

He is from Egypt. But he has been turned down 4 times before. They say he didn’t have enough evidence to show he would return even tho he owns property had a good bank account and has a good job is an attorney never been arrested and has a high security clearance with his job. They profile really bad in Egypt. Male, unmarried, Muslim and between a certain age and the mgr of the non immigrant visa section admitted that the state dept. did instruct them to shy away from giving visa’s the those people in that category. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, caliliving said:

he is from Egypt.

I have a co sponsor

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Barbsway said:

I have a co sponsor

I figured you had a cosponsor since you cant work. How much younger is your fiance?  i think you will have a very hard time getting a K1 imo.  turned down four times for a visa, shows a strong intent to come here. and marrying someone with a disability.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.