Hector Hungria P.

Application for Citizenship Certificate under Section 322 (Form N-600K)

24 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!
I really do not know where to start. I have 3 children living in the United States with me and my wife (US Citizen). Currently, they came through the naturalization under INA 322 (Child Citizenship Act of 2000 (CCA)), already have 2 years in the USA and I never got any evidence of Citizenship cuz I thought that it was automatic. I am now suspended from medical insurance and I have only one month to carry the certificate of citizenship or some other proof that they are US citizens.

The problem is that I do not know where to start, a certificate of citizenship costs a lot and there are 3 that I have to acquire. Also, I do not know what form to fill. In some parts, I see that it says Form 600 and other 600-K.

Can someone guide me?

Filed: Country:
Timeline

where were the children born?

was the mother a citizen from birth?

has the mother sent 5 years in the us with 2 of those years after she was 14 and was this done before the children were born?

why do you need proof of citizenship for the children for medical insurance it is just really odd?

where were the children born?  In D.R

was the mother a citizen from birth?  naturalization from her father

has the mother sent 5 years in the us with 2 of those years after she was 14 and was this done before the children were born?    She Rise up in Dominican Rep

why do you need proof of citizenship for the children for medical insurance it is just really odd?   Because the Medicaid system the kids are not Citizen. They Asked for the certificate of citizenship to reactive they assurance cover.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Hector Hungria P. said:

Yes But the passports take a long time!

Your best bet to get proof of citizenship for your kids is to apply for their passport. It is cheaper and faster than N600K.

Good luck. 

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, Hector Hungria P. said:

where were the children born?  In D.R

was the mother a citizen from birth?  naturalization from her father

has the mother sent 5 years in the us with 2 of those years after she was 14 and was this done before the children were born?    She Rise up in Dominican Rep

why do you need proof of citizenship for the children for medical insurance it is just really odd?   Because the Medicaid system the kids are not Citizen. They Asked for the certificate of citizenship to reactive they assurance cover.

Your original post and this one are a little confusing, since they conflict with each other and you didn't clearly answer the questions. 

You said your children were naturalized and that they benefited from the Child Citizenship Act (CCA).  If they benefited from the CCA, they  were not naturalized.  It's important to know which it was in order to help you.  A few questions will help clear it up:

1. Is your wife the biological mother of the children (that is, she gave birth to them)?
  2. Were you and the children petitioned for and received IR-1 and IR-2 visas?  If not, how did they become residents?
  3. Were the children under the age of 18 when they entered the US as permanent residents?
  4. Were the children in your wife's custody when they entered the US (meaning they came to live with her)?

If the answers to all of these four questions is "yes", the children acquired citizenship under the CCA, which is not naturalization.  If so, the fastest way to document the citizenship is through expedited passport applications.  That will be far faster -- cheaper -- than Certificates of Citizenship for them.  You will need to take their passports with the visas they used to enter the US, their green cards, and their birth certificates showing their parents' names, and your wife's proof of US citizenship, and apply for US passports.  If you live near one of the passport agencies you could try to make an appointment to get your passport in a hurry.  The letter giving you a month to present documents may qualify as an emergency.  See   https://travel.state.gov/contents/passports/en/passports/services/expedited.html 

Edited by jan22

Timeline

how did the children enter the us since by law they must use us passports if they are us citizens?

also the children may not be us citizens if thier mother did not spend 5 years in the us with 2 of those years being after she was 14. she would still be a citizen but she may not be able to pass the citizenship to her children.

30 minutes ago, f f said:

how did the children enter the us since by law they must use us passports if they are us citizens?

also the children may not be us citizens if thier mother did not spend 5 years in the us with 2 of those years being after she was 14. she would still be a citizen but she may not be able to pass the citizenship to her children.

Not true if they qualified under the Child Citizenship Act -- they could acquire US citizenship through her upon entry as LPRs.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, jan22 said:

Not true if they qualified under the Child Citizenship Act -- they could acquire US citizenship through her upon entry as LPRs.

true. I must have missed where it said they were lpr. I have not seen any mention of who came on which visa.

2 hours ago, jan22 said:

Your original post and this one are a little confusing, since they conflict with each other and you didn't clearly answer the questions. 

You said your children were naturalized and that they benefited from the Child Citizenship Act (CCA).  If they benefited from the CCA, they  were not naturalized.  It's important to know which it was in order to help you.  A few questions will help clear it up:

1. Is your wife the biological mother of the children (that is, she gave birth to them)?
  2. Were you and the children petitioned for and received IR-1 and IR-2 visas?  If not, how did they become residents?
  3. Were the children under the age of 18 when they entered the US as permanent residents?
  4. Were the children in your wife's custody when they entered the US (meaning they came to live with her)?

If the answers to all of these four questions is "yes", the children acquired citizenship under the CCA, which is not naturalization.  If so, the fastest way to document the citizenship is through expedited passport applications.  That will be far faster -- cheaper -- than Certificates of Citizenship for them.  You will need to take their passports with the visas they used to enter the US, their green cards, and their birth certificates showing their parents' names, and your wife's proof of US citizenship, and apply for US passports.  If you live near one of the passport agencies you could try to make an appointment to get your passport in a hurry.  The letter giving you a month to present documents may qualify as an emergency.  See  https://travel.state.gov/contents/passports/en/passports/services/expedited.html

1. Is your wife the biological mother of the children (that is, she gave birth to them)?  Yes
  2. Were you and the children petitioned for and received IR-1 and IR-2 visas?  If not, how did they become residents?   Yes
  3. Were the children under the age of 18 when they entered the US as permanent residents?  Yes
  4. Were the children in your wife's custody when they entered the US (meaning they came to live with her)?  Yes

This means that they are Citizen and don't get problems to get the passport?

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Hector Hungria P. said:

1. Is your wife the biological mother of the children (that is, she gave birth to them)?  Yes
  2. Were you and the children petitioned for and received IR-1 and IR-2 visas?  If not, how did they become residents?   Yes
  3. Were the children under the age of 18 when they entered the US as permanent residents?  Yes
  4. Were the children in your wife's custody when they entered the US (meaning they came to live with her)?  Yes

correct

they are usc they only need to get proof of thier citizenship now.

Edited by f f

21 minutes ago, Hector Hungria P. said:

Yes!  And, passports are the cheapest, fastest way to get them documented.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.