vlkdublin

Is there something wrong with my case?

11 posts in this topic

My case went into additional processing at NVC but I can't find any case with additional processing before receiving an interview. Is there something wrong with my case? Am i most likely going to be denied?

First they told me that they couldn't find my letter stating that I was not required to pay any taxes so I requested a supervisor review and also resent the letter. Now I'm at additional processing. What could be the reason for me being sent to additional processing? Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to make it go faster?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi there! I'm so sorry your case went into additional processing. May I ask what date did the NVC receive all of your documents? Did you receive any checklists?

I have heard of a case before, a user on Visa Journey whose case went into administrative processing. I'm not sure exactly why, though. 

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/profile/262625-dinah/?do=content&page=3

This is the user whose case went into AP. Read her posts, maybe you'll find something useful. Also, her husband got his visa approved in the end :)

N400 filed - online: 10/30/2020

NOA: 11/02/2020

Bio reuse: 12/30/2020

USCIS changed to "Interview Scheduled": 06/07/2021

Interview Date: 07/14/2021 Approved!

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony will be scheduled": 07/15/2021

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony notice mailed": 07/20/2021

Oath Ceremony: 08/06/2021 🇺🇸

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, vlkdublin said:

First they told me that they couldn't find my letter stating that I was not required to pay any taxes so I requested a supervisor review and also resent the letter. Now I'm at additional processing. What could be the reason for me being sent to additional processing?

I'm guessing the "additional processing" is due to your request for a supervisor review.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

On 9/28/2017 at 3:20 AM, SabRob said:

Hi there! I'm so sorry your case went into additional processing. May I ask what date did the NVC receive all of your documents? Did you receive any checklists?

I have heard of a case before, a user on Visa Journey whose case went into administrative processing. I'm not sure exactly why, though. 

This is the user whose case went into AP. Read her posts, maybe you'll find something useful. Also, her husband got his visa approved in the end :)

Thanks for your reply. My case was received on the 21st of August. I received a checklist on the 1st of September for a letter stating that I was not required to pay taxes which I had already included with my original package. I told this to the representative that I spoke to over the phone and they suggested that I send it in for a supervisor to review and so I did that. A couple of days later I resent the letter again as well for good measure. 

Thanks for the users post. Its comforting knowing that Im not the only one going through this.

23 hours ago, Going through said:

I'm guessing the "additional processing" is due to your request for a supervisor review.

I really do hope its just that.

On 9/28/2017 at 3:20 AM, SabRob said:

I just read about the Person's case and it seems as though they were put into additional  processing after receiving an interview date. My husband and I are still waiting to get through having our Affidavit of Support approved.  I haven't been able to find any instances of additional processing before receiving an interview. I really hope that nothing is wrong with our application. 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, vlkdublin said:

I just read about the Person's case and it seems as though they were put into additional  processing after receiving an interview date. My husband and I are still waiting to get through having our Affidavit of Support approved.  I haven't been able to find any instances of additional processing before receiving an interview. I really hope that nothing is wrong with our application. 

Nope they were in AP at the NVC, before getting an interview date. Her case was at the NVC from Feb 2017 until July. 

Your case is different because you requested supervisor review after challenging a checklist. 

Did you resend that letter using a cover sheet? You might want to call the NVC again and ask if they've received it or not because every time you send it new documents it counts as a new scan date.

I called again this morning to find out the reason for the additional processing. The person i spoke to told me that i did not provide my affidavit of support which is the first time I'm hearing this but my affidavit of support was included which i told her. Then she said that it was because I did not include my income tax returns to which i said that I included a letter stating that I was not required to file taxes for those years. Then she said that I am in supervisor review not additional processing after I was told twice before by two different representatives that my case is in additional processing. She told me to wait 6 weeks because calling again but I'm confused and not sure if they even know where my case is at right now.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, vlkdublin said:

I called again this morning to find out the reason for the additional processing. The person i spoke to told me that i did not provide my affidavit of support which is the first time I'm hearing this but my affidavit of support was included which i told her. Then she said that it was because I did not include my income tax returns to which i said that I included a letter stating that I was not required to file taxes for those years. Then she said that I am in supervisor review not additional processing after I was told twice before by two different representatives that my case is in additional processing. She told me to wait 6 weeks because calling again but I'm confused and not sure if they even know where my case is at right now.

Call them again and request to speak with a supervisor and if you're lucky enough to get a rep who's willing to pass on the message, leave them your phone number (US phone number) and a supervisor will call you back.

6 hours ago, SabRob said:

Call them again and request to speak with a supervisor and if you're lucky enough to get a rep who's willing to pass on the message, leave them your phone number (US phone number) and a supervisor will call you back.

Thanks. Ill definitely try that.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is an update to my case. I decided to wait a bit before I called again. When I called I was then told again that my case was going through additional processing after being told it wasn’t. I asked to speak to a supervisor and since there were none in at the moment the representative took my number and said that she would have a supervisor call me.

A few hours later a supervisor called and told me that nvc looked at my case and that everything checked out on their end but that my case was in a port of spain pilot program and that Trinidad was doing a check on my case. I’ve never heard of the Port of Spain pilot program and googling it brings nothing up.

I asked the representative around when my case would be approved and he told me there is no timeframe for it. So Im just here waiting once again.

Scan date August 21st.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.