TS_123

Assets to supplement income for interview.. .please help!

12 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Received the following response from Immigration:

We reviewed the  Affidavit  of  Support  (Form  I-864)  and financial  evidence  you  sent  to the  National  Visa Center  (NVC).  According  to the  current  poverty  guidelines  for  a  household of  your  size, the  income  you listed does  not  meet  the  minimum  requirement  to sponsor  the  intending  immigrant(s)  on  this  petition.  If you  provided NVC  with  proof  of  assets  in  lieu  of  income  in  order  to meet  the  minimum  income threshold, please  note  these  assets  will  not  be  evaluated by  NVC  and will  only  be  considered at  the  time of  the  visa  interview. NVC will  continue  working  on  your  case  and will  schedule  a  visa  interview  appointment  overseas.  If you  have  not  included evidence  of  your  assets  in  your  submission  to NVC, please  make  sure  that  you bring  the  evidence  to the  interview  appointment.  If  you  do not  have  proof  of  assets  to meet  the minimum  income  requirement, we  recommend that  you  seek a  joint  financial  sponsor  or  a  household member  to join  you  in  financially  supporting  these  immigrant  family  members. If  you  choose  to add joint  sponsors  or  household members, please  have  them  complete  the  appropriate Affidavit  of  Support  form  and give  it  to the  visa  applicant  to submit  at  their  visa  interview, along  with supporting  financial  evidence  such  as  IRS  tax  returns.   Do not  send  these  documents  to NVC.   During the  visa  interview  a  consular  officer  will  review  any  proof  of  assets  that  you  submitted  and  any additional  sponsorship documents.

I have above and beyond as to what is required for liquid assets in lui of an income.  I'd much rather rely solely on this rather then seeking a joint sponsor for income support.  Has anyone succeeded with liquid assets only to satisfy the income requirements?

Also, they are in the midst of scheduling my interview at Montreal.  What is the approximate interview date timeline I should be expecting?

Thank You!

Edited by TS_123

~~moved to IR1/CR1 process and peocprocedures as topic is not Canada specific ~~

NVC always sends that notification even if you have enough assets.  Are the liquid assets in USD or Canadian? They normally schedule the next month of your case complete for about 1 month out.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

That's a standard NVC response.

Search for assets here on VJ and you'll see a bunch of threads on this very topic.

My husband and I used assets alone and they were all in my name and in my home country. The assets must have been in your possession for at least a year and must be easy to liquidate. We sent bank statements, stock portfolio analysis and a letter from the bank manager.

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

12 minutes ago, NikLR said:

~~moved to IR1/CR1 process and peocprocedures as topic is not Canada specific ~~

NVC always sends that notification even if you have enough assets.  Are the liquid assets in USD or Canadian? They normally schedule the next month of your case complete for about 1 month out.  

They are in USD. It clearly stated that the NVC does not evaluate assets:

"If you  provided NVC  with  proof  of  assets  in  lieu  of  income  in  order  to meet  the  minimum  income threshold, please  note  these  assets  will  not  be  evaluated by  NVC  and will  only  be  considered at  the  time of  the  visa  interview."

Any tips would be appreciated!

1 hour ago, TS_123 said:

They are in USD. It clearly stated that the NVC does not evaluate assets:

"If you  provided NVC  with  proof  of  assets  in  lieu  of  income  in  order  to meet  the  minimum  income threshold, please  note  these  assets  will  not  be  evaluated by  NVC  and will  only  be  considered at  the  time of  the  visa  interview."

Any tips would be appreciated!

My interview was 19th september 2017. They don't issue visa bcz they want joint sponsership. I had use assets im my i 864 form . Nvc approved my case but co didn't issue visa bcz she found income requirements are not complete. So i will suggest you if you use your assets in i864 plz bring joint sponsership papers at interview. Thanks. Gud luck for everything.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
53 minutes ago, dildeepnagra said:

My interview was 19th september 2017. They don't issue visa bcz they want joint sponsership. I had use assets im my i 864 form . Nvc approved my case but co didn't issue visa bcz she found income requirements are not complete. So i will suggest you if you use your assets in i864 plz bring joint sponsership papers at interview. Thanks. Gud luck for everything.

Some Consular units including the two in India not only want the income to be sufficient, they want it to be sufficient for three years.  There are a few exceptions but generally using assets is fine if they are more than sufficient and the rest of totality of circumstances looks good financially.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
2 hours ago, NikLR said:

They normally schedule the next month of your case complete for about 1 month out.  

Montreal usually has a backlog.  Not sure how long it is right now.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Absolutely.  However, unless you have or are willing to obtain a current appraisal for the house, there's really no need to even list it.  Just document the other three items with several months of statements.  (A year would be better.) If you didn't already, send the documentation to your spouse to carry to the interview.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

I think  the OP is the beneficiary living with Canadian spouse in Canada.  Domicile will be his biggest issue. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
38 minutes ago, NikLR said:

I think  the OP is the beneficiary living with Canadian spouse in Canada.  Domicile will be his biggest issue. 

If that is correct, then his wife's domicile would be the issue.  ^_^  That would be good to discuss if needed, in a new topic.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Hi,

Another option is that if you have a mortgage you been paying for a certain time, your house may have an equity line of credit you can use as asset.

Make a appraisal of your house then you may not need an income. All they need is an asset

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.