23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi There, 

My Fiance was denied her Visa today in Manila because of the following reasons:

NBI Clearence for my fiance's previous married name

and Police Clearence from over 10 years ago, we arent sure what to do now, everything else passed

I'm amazed that they are goind back over 10 years for that...

Any advice is appreciated

24 minutes ago, dwayne desalvo said:

Hi There, 

My Fiance was denied her Visa today in Manila because of the following reasons:

NBI Clearence for my fiance's previous married name

and Police Clearence from over 10 years ago, we arent sure what to do now, everything else passed

So she got denied because she did not have a NBI in her former married name? Did she get a RFE for this and just did not give it or was it a straight denial? What all was said exactly at USEM?

The police and nbi clearance are the same thing.

Edited by cyberfx1024

1 hour ago, cyberfx1024 said:

So she got denied because she did not have a NBI in her former married name? Did she get a RFE for this and just did not give it or was it a straight denial? What all was said exactly at USEM?

The police and nbi clearance are the same thing.

There's RFE at the embassy stage? :jest:

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Just now, KULtoATL said:

What I meant to say was that if they needed it so much that at the interview they could have given her a conditional approval in lieu of that paperwork.  

Just now, cyberfx1024 said:

What I meant to say was that if they needed it so much that at the interview they could have given her a conditional approval in lieu of that paperwork.  

Oh you meant the 221(g) :) Got it!

It is really weird that the embassy denied the visa application when the they can simply ask for those documents to be submitted. 

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

18 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

Oh you meant the 221(g) :) Got it!

It is really weird that the embassy denied the visa application when the they can simply ask for those documents to be submitted. 

Thank you for correcting me.

I agree it's very weird to say the least especially at USEM that they did not just ask for those documents. That's why I was asking what happened during the whole interview and what was said. 

Just now, cyberfx1024 said:

Thank you for correcting me.

I agree it's very weird to say the least especially at USEM that they did not just ask for those documents. That's why I was asking what happened during the whole interview and what was said. 

I have plenty of blonde moments. I think I can write a book :D

Well, not USEM in Manila but a fellow K-1 applicant from Singapore got told to reschedule the interview completely because he left one of his documents at home. This too is silly because again, the USEM could have easily handed him the 221(g) after the interview. His interview was delayed for like 2 weeks. The kinda bureaucracy that goes on is crazy sometimes.

So back to the OP.... @dwayne desalvo What transpired at the interview? There's probably more to just the missing documents, which could be obtained and submitted later.

3 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

I have plenty of blonde moments. I think I can write a book :D

Well, not USEM in Manila but a fellow K-1 applicant from Singapore got told to reschedule the interview completely because he left one of his documents at home. This too is silly because again, the USEM could have easily handed him the 221(g) after the interview. His interview was delayed for like 2 weeks. The kinda bureaucracy that goes on is crazy sometimes.

So back to the OP.... @dwayne desalvo What transpired at the interview? There's probably more to just the missing documents, which could be obtained and submitted later.

I agree it sounds to fishy right now honestly. Because they will ask for more evidence if it is needed. So why didn't they ask for it, or did they ask for it to the beneficiary and she maybe misunderstood????? Who knows right now. 

Mystery:o

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry, let me be more specific,

Here is the email she received right after interview today in manila

Dear applicant

REF CASE: MNLxxxxx

We are unable to complete the processing of your Immigrant Visa application under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), as amended, until you present the following documents or complete required action from your end:

FROM APPLICANT(S)

CLEARANCES

- NBI A.K.A. for (they want married name , but husband passed away before she changed her name 3 months after marraige)

- Lebanon -2 yrs Police Clearance required for applicant  ( she worked there from 2003-2005 as live in housekeeper)

36 minutes ago, dwayne desalvo said:

Dear applicant

We are unable to complete the processing of your Immigrant Visa application under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), as amended, until you present the following documents or complete required action from your end:

FROM APPLICANT(S)

CLEARANCES

- NBI A.K.A. for (they want married name , but husband passed away before she changed her name 3 months after marraige)

- Lebanon -2 yrs Police Clearance required for applicant  ( she worked there from 2003-2005 as live in housekeeper)

It sounds like they are requesting for those documents and not really denying her visa application? @cyberfx1024 what's your interpretation?

It's a refusal under 221g pending the missing documents. Once they have what they need, they will continue to process the case.

3 hours ago, dwayne desalvo said:

You could have had a serious criminal offense over 10 years ago (or still be wanted). The CO doesn't know until the evidence is presented (although they need to make a decision in cases where a police cert cannot be obtained).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

5 hours ago, KULtoATL said:

Yes. It is called 221g. They let you come back and provide whatever documents you're lacking and once you have it, they issue your visa.

She just needs time to get those 2 docs and she should be good. 

Edited by TheSkywalkers

K1 Visa Timeline (4 months / September 2016 to January 2017):

Timeline: Sept 23, 2016 (filing) to January 30, 2017 (visa on hand)
Our K1 Visa Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/04/21/k1-visa-process/

AOS Timeline (4 months / April 2017 to August 2017):

Timeline:  April 11, 2017 (filing) to August 28, 2017 (approved)

(September 14, 2017 - Greencard on Hand!  - late due to Hurricane Irma)
Our AOS Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/05/13/adjustment-of-status-greencard-application/

ROC Timeline (7 months / June 2019 to January 2020)

Timeline:  June 11, 2019 (filing) to January 29, 2020  (Card Mailed to Me)

Our ROC Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2019/06/07/removal-of-conditions-process/

N400 Timeline (3 months 3 weeks / August 7, 2020 -December 4, 2020)
August 7, 2020 - Filed Online

August 10, 2020 - NOA1 uploaded by USCIS in my account / Estimated Tiime of Completion updated as well (Feb 2021)

August 15, 2020 - Received NOA(hardcopy)

Sept 14, 2020 - Biometric Reuse

October 20, 2020 - Interview Has Been Scheduled

November 23, 2020 - Interview Date - Approved!

December 4, 2020 - OATH TAKING CEREMONY
Our N400 Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2020/08/08/filing-n400-path-to-citizenship/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Rwanda
Timeline
5 hours ago, dwayne desalvo said:

Dear applicant

FROM APPLICANT(S)

CLEARANCES

This is NOT a denial...

Provide them with the requested documents and your fiancee will get her VISA

Good luck

07/06/2017 : I-129F Package Sent ♥

07/08/2017 : I-129F Package Delivered to The USCIS Dallas, TX Lockbox

07/10/2017 : ♥ NOA1 (Received Date) & Case Routed To CSC For Processing ♥

07/12/2017 : NOA1 (Notice Date) & USCIS Acceptance Confirmation Text/e-Mail

07/13/2017 : Check Cashed Out

07/18/2017 : NOA1 Hardcopy Received

07/19/2017 : Dead Silence Begins

09/20/2017 : Dead Silence Continues...

# 1218 in the queue on VJ

♥--------- DAY 72 ---------♥

8 hours ago, dwayne desalvo said:

4 hours ago, geowrian said:

You could have had a serious criminal offense over 10 years ago (or still be wanted). The CO doesn't know until the evidence is presented (although they need to make a decision in cases where a police cert cannot be obtained).

I agree with @geowrian. National security, including the security of US citizens, is of great importance. For example, if an immigrant blew up an orphanage 10 years ago I think it is best the USCIS learns about it. And if USCIS only checked criminal history for only a few years in the past, then real criminals would simply wait until enough time has passed so they can enter the US.

With immigration you have to open you mind to why certain processes like background checks take place.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.