KateWB

K1 Fiancé Visa I-129F May filers

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

After our wonderful engagement in March my fiancé filed our I-129f, 30th May 2017. We received our NOA1 June 1st 2017 (I-797C) from the California service centre. We are still waiting for our NOA2 but it's been almost 4 months. Is there anyone else that filed in May 2017? Any hints and tips/processing time information would be of great help 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 minutes ago, KateWB said:

After our wonderful engagement in March my fiancé filed our I-129f, 30th May 2017. We received our NOA1 June 1st 2017 (I-797C) from the California service centre. We are still waiting for our NOA2 but it's been almost 4 months. Is there anyone else that filed in May 2017? Any hints and tips/processing time information would be of great help 

Have you read the 2000 replies discussing May filers here 

Timeline
Just now, Wuozopo said:

Have you read the 2000 replies discussing May filers here 

No... I'm trying to figure my way around this site so I am currently looking to access these comments 

Timeline
1 minute ago, KateWB said:

No... I'm trying to figure my way around this site so I am currently looking to access these comments 

Then that's your group to hang with. Join in with them. There is always a monthly group comparing notes. 

8 minutes ago, KateWB said:

I filed may 2nd, still no word

17 minutes ago, KateWB said:

I think you are "officially" considered a June filer!!!  Check out both the May and June forums.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
4 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I think you are "officially" considered a June filer!!!  Check out both the May and June forums.

I feel I've been given the boot lol 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Then that's your group to hang with. Join in with them. There is always a monthly group comparing notes. 

@KateWB you're a June filer:)

come hang with us and follow (June filers 2017) under the search section.

welcome😃🎉

16 minutes ago, KateWB said:

I feel I've been given the boot lol 

Nah, we are all family here.  The Mods will merge these threads.  You aren't getting the boot, you are actually part of two large families!!!

As a June filer, we welcome you.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
4 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Nah, we are all family here.  The Mods will merge these threads.  You aren't getting the boot, you are actually part of two large families!!!

5 minutes ago, AZSunshine78 said:

@KateWB you're a June filer:)

come hang with us and follow (June filers 2017) under the search section.

welcome😃🎉

How do I follow (newbie) trying to work the site out 

5 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Ooohhhh I've been adopted :P 

Timeline

So,  have a question. I can't seem to find the answer on any of these threads. My fiancé is the petitioner. Since the package was sent and the NOA1 received I the beneficiary have moved house. I'm concerned that what with the  possibility of the NOA2 arriving in the next few months the information on what to do next will be sent to my old address. I've also read that it's all sent electronically. Anyone have the answers on the appropriate course of action to take? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, KateWB said:

So,  have a question. I can't seem to find the answer on any of these threads. My fiancé is the petitioner. Since the package was sent and the NOA1 received I the beneficiary have moved house. I'm concerned that what with the  possibility of the NOA2 arriving in the next few months the information on what to do next will be sent to my old address. I've also read that it's all sent electronically. Anyone have the answers on the appropriate course of action to take? 

It will go to your old address most likely. Trying to get the beneficiary's address  changed  is kind of hit or miss. BUT the good news---

London provides all their K1 instructions on line on their website. Go here https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

Also understand that while you hang out with all the K1s in a May or June thread, each of you will prepare in different ways for the next step...mecical and interview. Each embassy/consulate has slightly different procedures. Get your information from those experienced with U.K. procedures or directly from their instructions on the website. There is also a UK FORUM on this website. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

It will go to your old address most likely. Trying to get the beneficiary's address  changed  is kind of hit or miss. BUT the good news---

London provides all their K1 instructions on line on their website. Go here https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

Also understand that while you hang out with all the K1s in a May or June thread, each of you will prepare in different ways for the next step...mecical and interview. Each embassy/consulate has slightly different procedures. Get your information from those experienced with U.K. procedures or directly from their instructions on the website. There is also a UK FORUM on this website. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/

The problem with it going to my old address is that I can't access it. Also Royal Mail will not redirect packages like that if they are special delivery signed for. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.