ZnM

Additional Documents required by NVC

27 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

I am petitioning for my husbands immigrant visa and we had submitted all of our documents to the NVC in June. We received a letter via email requesting for 3 things. a copy of biographic page of passport (even though I sent one the first time), an additional birth certificate because the one we sent was not sufficient, and a copy of the original marriage certificate (not translated version). 

I called the NVC to ask them why they need another copy of the biographic passport page, but the lady did not give me a clear response. I have re scanned the passport in the hopes that the first copy just wasn't clear or something. 

My husband is originally from Pakistan but we are currently living in Dubai. My husbands uncle in Pakistan is working on gathering the Birth Registration document that the NVC has requested.

My question is, after I submit all these additional documents, how long will I have to wait to get my CC? The NVC contacted me within 9 weeks after sending my package. Any ideas or estimates on how long they will take if all documents are in order and everything is fine, to give me a CC? Your help is greatly appreciated!!

Edited by ZnM

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sometimes immigration loses your paperwork so its best just to resubmit it again.

when submitting your paperwork write a note at the top of your number that they gave you.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

You'll wait anywhere from 1 to 4 weeks based on what we're seeing currently, but that could change.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

On 9/19/2017 at 3:02 PM, Hutchy984 said:

Sometimes immigration loses your paperwork so its best just to resubmit it again.

when submitting your paperwork write a note at the top of your number that they gave you.

thank you for your response! I hope you're right. I hope they just misplaced it rather than something being wrong with my passport scan. 

What do you mean "write a note at the top of your number"?

On 9/20/2017 at 4:38 PM, pushbrk said:

You'll wait anywhere from 1 to 4 weeks based on what we're seeing currently, but that could change.

thank you so much for your reply! I hope it stays that way! I cant wait 4 weeks at most. Hoping for the best

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, ZnM said:

thank you for your response! I hope you're right. I hope they just misplaced it rather than something being wrong with my passport scan. 

thank you so much for your reply! I hope it stays that way! I cant wait 4 weeks at most. Hoping for the best

Sorry I meant write your NVC Case Number: (eg) mine is (KNG2016**** ), to identify you. They don't know your name its just what the NVC Case Number: is 

Timeline
2 hours ago, ZnM said:

I don't understand why you say you can't wait.  It will take as long as it takes and you WILL wait.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

14 hours ago, pushbrk said:

I don't understand why you say you can't wait.  It will take as long as it takes and you WILL wait.

sorry that was a typo, i meant to write "I CAN wait up to 4 weeks at most". 4 weeks is not too bad. 

14 hours ago, Hutchy984 said:

Sorry I meant write your NVC Case Number: (eg) mine is (KNG2016**** ), to identify you. They don't know your name its just what the NVC Case Number: is 

oh yes! I don't think my lawyer did that the first time around. I will request him to do that with every single document this time. Thanks for the reminder! :) 

On 9/19/2017 at 6:53 PM, ZnM said:

Hello Everyone,

I am petitioning for my husbands immigrant visa and we had submitted all of our documents to the NVC in June. We received a letter via email requesting for 3 things. a copy of biographic page of passport (even though I sent one the first time), an additional birth certificate because the one we sent was not sufficient, and a copy of the original marriage certificate (not translated version). 

I called the NVC to ask them why they need another copy of the biographic passport page, but the lady did not give me a clear response. I have re scanned the passport in the hopes that the first copy just wasn't clear or something. 

My husband is originally from Pakistan but we are currently living in Dubai. My husbands uncle in Pakistan is working on gathering the Birth Registration document that the NVC has requested.

My question is, after I submit all these additional documents, how long will I have to wait to get my CC? The NVC contacted me within 9 weeks after sending my package. Any ideas or estimates on how long they will take if all documents are in order and everything is fine, to give me a CC? Your help is greatly appreciated!!

Hi! We had a checklist too. They requested another police certificate. We submit it last Aug 28 and until now we're still waiting for it to be close. I knew someone and theyve been waiting for one and half month. 

19 hours ago, Clinton & Divina said:

Hi! We had a checklist too. They requested another police certificate. We submit it last Aug 28 and until now we're still waiting for it to be close. I knew someone and theyve been waiting for one and half month. 

Okay good to know. 1 and a half month is too long :( I hope you get a CC soon! Keep me posted! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/20/2017 at 4:38 PM, pushbrk said:

hi! Where can I check this to stay updated?

Timeline

Pay attention here on this forum.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

5 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Pay attention here on this forum.

will you be updating us on here?

Also, I have read in other comments that if you submit further documents to the NVC, the your 11 week clock restarts. Meaning I will have to wait another 11 weeks for them to review the documents they requested. Is this true?

On 9/29/2017 at 7:41 PM, Clinton & Divina said:

Did you hear from the NVC yet?

Timeline
15 minutes ago, ZnM said:

will you be updating us on here?

Also, I have read in other comments that if you submit further documents to the NVC, the your 11 week clock restarts. Meaning I will have to wait another 11 weeks for them to review the documents they requested. Is this true?

Various people will report their experiences.  I said forum, not in your specific topic.  If I have new information, you'll see it in a reply to somebody.  The same goes for others.  Really, it's going to take how long it takes.  The only way we have any idea what just happened is to see somebody's post about it.  However, that is not a predictor of what the timeline will be for actions completed tomorrow.

Chances are, yes, you'll wait another 11 weeks for them to review ANYTHING from the time it arrives there, but it does not usually take that long.  11 weeks is just the standard they set for themselves so that if they are within it, they don't consider themselves late.  It's a bureaucracy.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.