Se&Se

K1 Fiancee Visa

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline

Getting ready for my K1 process.My questions are:

1-I have over 500 pages of wassup chat with my fiancee,Is it acceptable to take screenshot of some of our conversations just add then on word doc and send? And print some of the normal chat?

2- Some of our chat specially old one are on facebook. How do I print messages from Facebook? The only options am seeing right now is screenshots and paste them on word document. Will that work?

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes, screenshots should be fine. I was searching for an app that would help me make collecting chat evidence easier, but I didn't find any, so had to do it the tedious way of using screenshots then put them in word documents and print.  Just ensure it's easy for the officer to read them. And it would be great to get those very old messages in there. All the best 😊😊😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Not a biggie, focus on primary evidence/

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Major one would be time you have spent together, involvement of families, usual stuff you have with someone you are engaged to.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

11 hours ago, glitzy said:

what are the primary evidence

I agree the messages are too much. Concentrate on pictures together, pictures of you with your fiancee and his/her family. Concentrate on the basics and you will be fine. 

15 hours ago, cyberfx1024 said:

I agree the messages are too much. Concentrate on pictures together, pictures of you with your fiancee and his/her family. Concentrate on the basics and you will be fine. 

Pictures together are not primary evidence either. Pictures can often be secondary evidence to primary evidence such as stamps showing you traveled to Jamaica together and then a photo of the both of you on a beach in Jamaica dated at the same time.... but pictures are not primary and should not be the focus.

On 9/18/2017 at 11:07 AM, glitzy said:

what are the primary evidence

All evidence showing that you have physically met in the past 2 years. Evidence that you were together in the same place at the same time. Anything from passport stamps to credit card statements to I-94 records to bank statements to airline boarding passes (not printed tickets!)

Examples of primary and secondary evidence is given on the I-129F instructions page. I'd recommend you get familiar with it:

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

26 minutes ago, Peot said:

Pictures together are not primary evidence either. Pictures can often be secondary evidence to primary evidence such as stamps showing you traveled to Jamaica together and then a photo of the both of you on a beach in Jamaica dated at the same time.... but pictures are not primary and should not be the focus.

It is the focus because it shows that they have met within the last couple of years, also it shows that they have a bonafide relationship by having pictures with them and the beneficiary's family. Pictures help prove a relationship alot better than 500 pages of chat pages trust me. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
On 9/18/2017 at 8:10 AM, Se&Se said:

Getting ready for my K1 process.My questions are:

1-I have over 500 pages of wassup chat with my fiancee,Is it acceptable to take screenshot of some of our conversations just add then on word doc and send? And print some of the normal chat?

2- Some of our chat specially old one are on facebook. How do I print messages from Facebook? The only options am seeing right now is screenshots and paste them on word document. Will that work?

Thanks

no need for all those conversations i actually did maybe two each month about a years work not many along with a few call logs also i took a screen shot saved them to my flash drive and went to office depot to print they can put about 9 on one page which worked for me 

pictures of you and him maybe friends and family 

passport stamps as well as airline booking confirmation pages also confirmation for hotels or airbnb you can also use bank statements showing you used atms in that country if you did all of these items are proof of having met within two years good luck and im here to help i finally finished putting mine together and ill be sending it off Thursday Good luck to you and your fiance

Love knows no reason,no boundaries,no distance .It has a sole intention of bringing people together to a time called FOREVER!!!!!!!!:wub:

Timeline
8 hours ago, AntoinetteB said:

no need for all those conversations i actually did maybe two each month about a years work not many along with a few call logs also i took a screen shot saved them to my flash drive and went to office depot to print they can put about 9 on one page which worked for me 

pictures of you and him maybe friends and family 

passport stamps as well as airline booking confirmation pages also confirmation for hotels or airbnb you can also use bank statements showing you used atms in that country if you did all of these items are proof of having met within two years good luck and im here to help i finally finished putting mine together and ill be sending it off Thursday Good luck to you and your fiance

Thanks 

16 hours ago, cyberfx1024 said:

It is the focus because it shows that they have met within the last couple of years, also it shows that they have a bonafide relationship by having pictures with them and the beneficiary's family. Pictures help prove a relationship alot better than 500 pages of chat pages trust me. 

Thanks

17 hours ago, Peot said:

All evidence showing that you have physically met in the past 2 years. Evidence that you were together in the same place at the same time. Anything from passport stamps to credit card statements to I-94 records to bank statements to airline boarding passes (not printed tickets!)

Examples of primary and secondary evidence is given on the I-129F instructions page. I'd recommend you get familiar with it:

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Make sure to present chats the time when you and your fiancee started talking (each month), pictures, letters, emails, travel documents together if there is any, video call screenshots (skype, facetime, facebook). Goodluck. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, mavericm1 said:

Make sure to present chats the time when you and your fiancee started talking (each month), pictures, letters, emails, travel documents together if there is any, video call screenshots (skype, facetime, facebook). Goodluck. 

Thanks

On 9/19/2017 at 3:05 PM, cyberfx1024 said:

This is still NOT primary evidence. Pictures can be taken at any time and do not prove the petitioner and beneficiary have met within the past 2 years. The USCIS has repeatedly stated that this is the case, and having had an RFE given to me on account of picture evidence not being good enough, I can definitely attest to this being the case.

When gathering information at the I-129F stage, one must always ask the question "How does this prove we met in the last 2 years?"

Picture evidence may come in handy during the actual interview process to prove a "bona fide relationship", but this is not what the USCIS is after. Even if you can provide evidence of when and where those pictures were taken, they are secondary to the primary evidence that would prove so. As far as the relationship goes, as long as you can show circumstances of meeting and forming a relationship as well as statements of consent to marry, the USCIS does not need to know anything else about how real the relationship is. The real relationship questions come at the interview.... long after I-129F application.

A date printed on the back is not evidence enough that they were taken within the past 2 years. The onus of proof is on the person providing the evidence.

While agree that it's definitely better secondary evidence than 500+ useless pages of info, do not think for a second the USCIS will accept it in place of something like a passport stamp or a third-party credit card statement or an airline boarding pass.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.