Islams Wife

Special Help Needed

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Algeria
Timeline

I am a US citizen. My husband is from Algeria. We were married in May 2017 against our families. Religious and racial backgrounds  have caused us both to lose our families. 

We will not stay apart, this is not a option. 

I do not meet the sponcer guidelines and have no one who will speak to me to help me...so we have not filed anything.

We lived in Algeria together a few months till things got so bad we left for my safety. We are now in Turkey living in a cheap hotel with my cats, who are US CITIZENS  also with passports.

We do not mind living in another country, this isnt a issue for  us. 

Problem  is....we have used up all our money, we saved to come here,  rent a house, apply for residency and stay. But we ran into snags  along the way, renting in Turkey is expensive, they ask for many months in advance, security deposit, commission ect.,  No home...no job...no job...no money.

I have a home in USA. But I'm in Turkey and in two days we will be homeless living on the street...

We can deal with this too....

Main problem  is I am in kidney failure, this stress is making me sick. I need medical care back with my doctors who know my condition. Im in pain and getting worse.

Any advice is appreciated. ..

Please do not tell me to leave my husband....cause I wont.

I would rather die on the streets in his arms than for us to be apart.

Each other is all both of us have. ...

Thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Well, there's not much that we can do. You put yourself in this situation, so it's your decision what to do and where to go. You said that

We do not mind living in another country, this isnt a issue for  us.

but at the same time you're saying that

Problem  is....we have used up all our money, we saved to come here

I do not get it. Life is hard, so you must decide what you want. It's not like you can sit on two chairs at once, not working and having money for everything.

If you want to live where you reside now -- go find jobs, you're two adults. Love is not only about being together, love is also about supporting each other and about NOT to die on the street together. I do not understand your husband, he is a man so he MUST make money to support both of you.

If you want to move to the USA, you MUST work here to prove your income on the NVC stage (or at least have a co-sponsor that makes enough), and you MUST reside here to prove your domicile. Without these two things your husband will never get a spouse visa (that is also takes time, about 2-3 years in your case, considering any AP thing he may fall into).

If you need medical care, seek for something where you are. Otherwise you will die and there will be no love anymore.

Make your decision and make your steps towards that.

Edited by Springrain22

Timeline

I was hoping to find someone that experienced something on this type of problem before and may be able to give advice.

Being harsh is fine....beung rude is another.

If a couple gives  up on everything and walks away from all they have to be together its obvious material things dont matter to them, just being together is all they want.

Of course this isnt a Disney movie, this is real life. And we both walked away just to be with eachother. Life is too short to be apart.

And as for this comment

""You either get a grip on your life or you should find some mental health help.""

sorry your life is so bad someone wont risk everything for you. Hope things get better for you someday...Dunno 

We have both tried to find jobs, no work permits stop this quickly.

The God will guide us in our journey and things will be fine. 

Timeline

You were given all the good advices. If you don't like great people advices, you can try to ask your two cats, since they're US citizens, they may know better what to do.

Timeline

And if you say that real love does not care about material things, why are you so crazy about money then? Just forget about it, live on the street, eat fresh air instead of food. Let us know how long you love (and so you) will last.

God will not help you here. Your physical needs that have been put in you by nature have nothing to do with God. Take it as it is, very simple to understand for two adults.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Islams Wife said:

Life is too short to be apart.

The God will guide us in our journey and things will be fine. 

1) life will be shorter if you don't care about your situation, much shorter than you think. And love won't help you here, no matter what you want.

2) No, they won't. At least if you keep your logic the same on all this. To have them fine, you must work on it.

Filed: Other Timeline

people have to make tough choices - it is great that you do not want to be apart of each other BUT the reality of this world is that the rules will not be bent according to your whims.

Sit down with your partner and then have a discussion of your long term plan - how to sustain your lives, earn a living and get good healthcare for treatment.

that is the most logical and reasonable thing to do.  Repeating the same thing in comments in this forum will not change your fate. 

Timeline

Such great advice.....

I should run back to the states and sit in my comfortable home while my husband is homeless.

We knew the sacrifice when we married of losing our families.

Do you  call it love just thinking of myself and leaving him alone???

I call that being selfish.

I dont abandon my partner!

Your husband is an adult and he can find a job or go back to his home country and family. Have him talk to them and try to get back together.

You go back to the States, find a job and start the process of sponsoring him for the green card.

But.. If you don't want to listen to the reasonable advises, go ahead and live your life. There is nothing else people here can help you with. Did you expect people will co-sponsor your husband for the green card or give you money?

Like I said, you have few choices but it looks like you prefer to be homeless and jobless with your husband. But at least you're together <3 Good luck in your journey.

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Timeline

Not to be rude, but I don't like brainless people who don't want to listen. OK, I'm done here. OP, good luck living on the street.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.