AM&MP

Change of Address before Interview

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

So my visa interview is on September 26th. My fiance, who is also my beneficiary, is moving to a new address on September 20th. I know that USCIS says to notify if there is any address change while a petition is pending, but since we're at the interview stage I don't know if that's the course of action we need to take. Does she have to contact USCIS regardless? Do I need to do out another DS-160 form with the new address? Any info or help you can give me would be a huge help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ivory Coast
Timeline

At the interview stage it is better to contact the embassy where the interview will take place, send them an email right away  asking them all these questions or call them to find out what will be the best thing to do. If your interview is schedule for September 26th it is better to contact NVC i think.

Best of luck

• 4 months later...

Hello AM&MP (or someone in a similar circumstance).  Would you mind sharing what happen at the end?  Did you end up changing your address with the embassy or reporting it to USCIS?  I'm planning on moving in a few months but I haven't been given the NO2 yet so dates might coincide with my change of address and future appointment.  Thank you for your answer in advance!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hey Joe&Din, so I decided to contact the embassy, but got no response in regards to that. So I decided to wait until I got to the embassy to ask the question, but was so nervous I forgot! Turns out I didn't have to do all that much. I left the address as it was, and when I moved to the US and went and got married, we submitted the paperwork with the brand new address instead of the old one, and had no issues with getting our notice of actions and other documents sent to the new address. I would say leave it as is until you get the NO2. If you're still in your current address when you arrive you're fine. If you are getting near the date you are moving and haven't gotten your NO2 I'd contact USCIS, and also your local Post Office, just to make sure any of your documents get sent to you. I wish you two well in your future!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.