Dinosaur2013

N-400 Filers @ New York City, Queens and Long Island Field Offices

2,615 posts in this topic

Hi, I am creating this group for filers within the jurisdictions of the three field offices: NYC, Queens and Long Island, to share their N-400 application progress and experiences along the process.

I am a September filer at New York City Field Office. I filed my application online on 9/6/2017. I received notification that USCIS has scheduled me for biometrics appointment. I am still waiting for the letter to arrive in the mail to find out the date and time of my appointment.

E-FILING (IOE) N-400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

09/06/17: Submitted N-400 Application Online

09/06/17: Received online NOA with receipt number

09/08/17: Received Biometrics Appointment (PDF) Notice

09/12/17: Biometrics Appointment at USCIS Manhattan (Early Walk-in 2 weeks; actual date is 09/26/17)

10/26/17: ELIS Status shows "USCIS has scheduled your interview appointment and will mail you the appointment notice."

12/09/17: Received a case notification from USCIS that my interview WAS scheduled

01/17/18: Date of N-400 Interview (7.15AM) at 26 Federal Plaza, New York City

01/19/18: Oath Ceremony Notice (PDF) received

02/02/18: Oath Ceremony (8.30AM) at 26 Federal Plaza, New York City

VERMONT SERVICE CENTER - ROC

09/19/16: Date of I-751
09/21/16: VSC received our package

09/22/16: NOA Date
09/26/16: NOA Arrived in the mail & check cashed

10/06/16: ASC Appointment Notice arrived in the mail

10/17/16: Biometrics Appointment at USCIS Manhattan

10/06/17: I-751 was approved (actual approval date on the letter)

10/12/17: Approval Letter arrived in the mail

10/25/17: 10-Year Green Card arrived in the mail

END OF ROC Processing

Hi I filled in late December 2016 and as of feb 9th am in line for an interview... haven't heard anything since then. Hope to hear something soon. Btw my field office is Long Island.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I filed online...my field office is Queens.

My application was submitted July 14th, my interview is September 27th.

See my timeline below in my signature for all info on dates, etc.

Edited by Going through

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Thank you so much for inputs from all of you. This way it helps us check how far we are on the process. It also allows us to estimate time for next steps by looking at the timelines of fellows who filed their applications ahead of us. Thank you!

09/12/17: Biometrics Appointment at USCIS Manhattan (Early Walk-in 2 weeks; actual date is 09/26/17)

10/26/17: ELIS Status shows "USCIS has scheduled your interview appointment and will mail you the appointment notice."

12/09/17: Received a case notification from USCIS that my interview WAS scheduled

END OF ROC Processing

Let's start a similar tracker to the one from the monthly filers threads (I don't mind updating twice when I have an update). Of course no worries if that's a hassle for people, but figured it could be beneficial.

On a separate note - how do you guys know which field office you're actually in? Neither my online receipt notice or biometrics letter say it. Is it something that is on the paper letter instead of the online notices?

N-400: New York Area Applicants

==================================
Dallas/Lewisville, Texas Lockbox
UserName......|GC-Date.|Sent.|Cashd|NOA..|Fprints.|In Line.|Int ltr.|Intrvw..|Oath....|Field Office.....|NBC/IOE
..............|--/--/--|--/--|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|.................|...

================================
Phoenix, Arizona Lockbox
UserName......|GC-Date.|Sent.|Cashd|NOA..|Fprints.|In Line.|Int ltr.|Intrvw..|Oath....|Field Office.....|NBC/IOE
..............|--/--/--|--/--|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|.................|...

Chicago, Illinois Lockbox

Online Filing
YashMin.......|10/18/14|08/15|08/15|08/15|08/25/17|08/30/17|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|.................|IOE

Instructions for adding/updating yourself (or assisting others) to this list:
1. DO NOT DELETE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
2. Please use your VJ name to avoid confusion. 
3. Please make sure you are using Rich Text Editor as your message setting.
4. Copy this whole section including instructions and paste it to your typing field.
5. Make changes and Reply.

6. Red Font = "I'm A United States Citizen"!

Legend: 
GC-Date: The 'Resident Since' Date located on your first green card.
Sent: Date N-400 was mailed to USCIS.
Cashd: Date your check was cashed / credit card was charged by USCIS.
NOA: Receipt Notice Date Printed on your official I-797 notification.
Fprints: 
 Date assigned for fingerprinting (Bio-metrics). If you do your biometrics via walk-in prior to your scheduled appointment, please enter the date in bold blue.
In Line: Date you received e-notification about the start of your interview scheduling.
Int Ltr: Date you received the official letter in the mail regarding interview.
Interview: Date of your interview.
Oath: Date Oath taken.

Field Office: Your local USCIS office where you will have the N-400 interview.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline
6 minutes ago, YashMin said:

Let's start a similar tracker to the one from the monthly filers threads (I don't mind updating twice when I have an update). Of course no worries if that's a hassle for people, but figured it could be beneficial.

On a separate note - how do you guys know which field office you're actually in? Neither my online receipt notice or biometrics letter say it. Is it something that is on the paper letter instead of the online notices?

Use this to find yours.

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

2 minutes ago, iamwhatiam80 said:

That's what I thought, but didn't know if there's a more official notice. I'm in Brooklyn, so Kings County, which I guess means either NYC or Queens field offices. But I guess the Queens office is in Federal Plaza as well, so technically one is either in NYC or in Long Island. Is that how other people interpret this as well?

37 minutes ago, YashMin said:

I filed online and it shows both in the system and on my biometrics appointment letter that the office processing my application or what USCIS refers to as "Application Support Center" is USCIS Manhattan.

END OF ROC Processing

Phoenix, Arizona Lockbox

Online Filing
YashMin.......|10/18/14|08/15|08/15|08/15|08/25/17|08/30/17|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|.................|IOE
Dinosaur2013..|12/01/14|09/06|09/06|09/06|09/26/17|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|.................|IOE

4. Copy this whole section including instructions and paste it to your typing field.

Legend: 
Fprints: 
 Date assigned for fingerprinting (Bio-metrics). If you do your biometrics via walk-in prior to your scheduled appointment, please enter the date in bold blue.
In Line: Date you received e-notification about the start of your interview scheduling.

END OF ROC Processing

3 minutes ago, Dinosaur2013 said:

I filed online and it shows both in the system and on my biometrics appointment letter that the office processing my application or what USCIS refers to as "Application Support Center" is USCIS Manhattan.

Actually, my Application Support Center is USCIS Brooklyn. BUT, I did go to "Case History" in the online website and under "We received your application", it says "We are processing your case at this field office: New York District Office".

Updating my field office.

Phoenix, Arizona Lockbox

Online Filing
YashMin.......|10/18/14|08/15|08/15|08/15|08/25/17|08/30/17|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|New York City, NY|IOE
Dinosaur2013..|12/01/14|09/06|09/06|09/06|09/26/17|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|.................|IOE

Legend: 
Fprints: 

Timeline
1 hour ago, YashMin said:

That's what I thought, but didn't know if there's a more official notice. I'm in Brooklyn, so Kings County, which I guess means either NYC or Queens field offices. But I guess the Queens office is in Federal Plaza as well, so technically one is either in NYC or in Long Island. Is that how other people interpret this as well?

Mine lists Queens as my field office----yes, the Manhattan and Queens offices operate out of the same building now...here's the breakdown from the USCIS website:

Long Island Field Office

This office is located at: 30 Barretts Avenue Holtsville, NY 11742.

Long Island Field Office Service Areas
Nassau County Queens County Suffolk County

New York City Field Office

This office is located at: Jacob K. Javits Federal Building 26 Federal Plaza, 3rd Floor, Room 3-120 New York, NY 10278.

New York City Field Office Service Areas
Bronx County Kings County (Brooklyn) Nassau County New York County
Orange County Putnam County Queens County Richmond County (Staten Island)
Rockland County Suffolk County Sullivan County Ulster County
Westchester County      

Queens Field Office

This office is located at: Jacob K. Javits Federal Building 26 Federal Plaza, 8th Floor, Room 8-100, New York, NY 10278.

Queens Field Office Service Areas
Kings County (Brooklyn) Queens County

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Timeline
adding myself to the tracker  I filed online.

Phoenix, Arizona Lockbox

Online Filing
YashMin.......|10/18/14|08/15|08/15|08/15|08/25/17|08/30/17|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|New York City, NY|IOE
GoingThrough..|08/18/05|07/14|07/14|07/14|08/08/17|08/14/17|08/21/17|09/27/17|--/--/--|Queens, NY.......|IOE

Legend: 
Fprints: 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.