Habibati & Habibi

During the interview day at the embassy

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Good Morning VJ community

I am wondering about the  evidence that one should take with him as a proof of a valid fiancé/fiancée relationship with your petitioner for the interview at the embassy.

does the supporting evidence should be from the first day we met, or just show that we have ongoing communication since our last meeting physically with each other-to say- the last time we filled for the k1 petition. personally, we think to submit proof that we have ongoing relationship from the last time we filled our petition and that we still communicating on a regular basis,since we did submit in the initial application proof of how we meet and how long we have been communicating with each other we are not planning to do so this time. is that right? is it a good idea?

does any body has ideas. any suggestions are welcomed.

thank you

----------------------------------------------

Diversity is the Spice of life and I add ; translation is the mother of all sciences.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I know for us we just took photos from all our meetings as well as a sample of chat logs.  In our case, the IO did not look at any of it.  However, I would still suggest to take photos and chat samples that cover your entire relationship.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Tawfik & Marzanna said:

Good Morning VJ community

I am wondering about the  evidence that one should take with him as a proof of a valid fiancé/fiancée relationship with your petitioner for the interview at the embassy.

does the supporting evidence should be from the first day we met, or just show that we have ongoing communication since our last meeting physically with each other-to say- the last time we filled for the k1 petition. personally, we think to submit proof that we have ongoing relationship from the last time we filled our petition and that we still communicating on a regular basis,since we did submit in the initial application proof of how we meet and how long we have been communicating with each other we are not planning to do so this time. is that right? is it a good idea?

does any body has ideas. any suggestions are welcomed.

thank you

Hi.

My fiancé used the same pictures which were sent to uscis the first time and several communications from viber. Plus a receipt from a ring I bought when I proposed. I also sent her original travel tickets as well as proof hat we met in person. That was enough. She said the officer at the embassy didn't even look through everything and only picked few papers. That was in Ukraine. 

Timeline

thank you for the replies

I thought that , the K1 application to be approved one need to have met in person before filling,so I think the proofs are there in the application package. I this stage teh embassy will may -I think want to see if teh couple continue communication after feeling and discussing important things about their future together.

I am asking this not because I do not have evidences, but because we did coomunicated for four days 8 hours a day and I do have piles of piles of piles of chat logs, video calls, e-mails amd facebook and so on so if I am going to print it many rams of papers wont be enough and at the end may be the CO wont even look at it.

so I am thinking just to take to the interview correspondance and coomunication evidences starting from the day we filled for the petiton.

will it be a good idea again.

Diversity is the Spice of life and I add ; translation is the mother of all sciences.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

It's always a good idea to show ongoing relationship at the interview. So yes, it would be a good idea to bring proof of this.  

<3  Our K-1 Visa Journey <3

I-129f sent -- 2-18-2016        

NOA1 -- 2-24-2016

NOA2 -- 05-02-2016

NVC received -- 05-13-2016

NVC left -- 05-18-2016

Embassy received -- 5-22-2016

Interview Date -- 8-31-2016

Interview Result -- APPROVED!!!

AP -- (09-07-2016)

Visa Issued -- 9-08-2016

US Entry -- 09-24-2016

<3 MARRIAGE -- 10-21-2016 <3

AOS, EAD, AND AP Filed 01-05-2017

NOA1 -- 01-19-2017

Biometrics -- 02-06-2017

EAD and AP approved -- 05-19-2017

AOS approved -- 08-24-2017

Received card -- 09-01-2017

❤ Baby boy is here!! December 26th 2017 ❤

Has anyone had experience with just say, bringing their phone for this sort of thing?   My partner & I are discussing applying for the K-1 and looking at the requirements it seems easier/cheaper in the long run to just keep everything digital unless they want to keep stuff?

I'm a bit of a hippy at heart and it hurts my sensibilities a little to think of printing off loads screen shots or snippets of conversations when I can just as easily hand the IO my phone and tell them to feel free to look through anything they want - photos are all there, screen shots, my Facebook profile (showing that he & I interact and that I'm 'friends' with his family & some of his friends that I've met during visits) and our chat logs/call logs (we use Facebook calling for the most part as it works better on mobile data than Viber or Whatsapp) - in modern times I actually think this could be better because iPhone (not sure about Android) adds a time/date and location stamp to photos taken on it - so photos of us together are geo-located to the places we took them which backs up the visits.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, dentsflogged said:

Has anyone had experience with just say, bringing their phone for this sort of thing?   My partner & I are discussing applying for the K-1 and looking at the requirements it seems easier/cheaper in the long run to just keep everything digital unless they want to keep stuff?

I'm a bit of a hippy at heart and it hurts my sensibilities a little to think of printing off loads screen shots or snippets of conversations when I can just as easily hand the IO my phone and tell them to feel free to look through anything they want - photos are all there, screen shots, my Facebook profile (showing that he & I interact and that I'm 'friends' with his family & some of his friends that I've met during visits) and our chat logs/call logs (we use Facebook calling for the most part as it works better on mobile data than Viber or Whatsapp) - in modern times I actually think this could be better because iPhone (not sure about Android) adds a time/date and location stamp to photos taken on it - so photos of us together are geo-located to the places we took them which backs up the visits.

The thing is that you're not supposed to bring your phone inside (at least in Russia). YOu'll be able to leave it in a special locker. So the only way to show the proof is to print it out. Plus it takes less time I guess than scrolling, going back and forth from chats to pics on the phone. And they try to save time.

27 minutes ago, Marta Proniagina said:

The thing is that you're not supposed to bring your phone inside (at least in Russia). YOu'll be able to leave it in a special locker. So the only way to show the proof is to print it out. Plus it takes less time I guess than scrolling, going back and forth from chats to pics on the phone. And they try to save time.

Thanks for that Marta! I guess I'll just transfer all the screen caps to my computer and slowly start printing them out at work 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, dentsflogged said:

Thanks for that Marta! I guess I'll just transfer all the screen caps to my computer and slowly start printing them out at work 

yep :)
good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

I know that every country is different, but my experience and reading the experience of others was printing out and bringing chats was basically a waste of time. Pictures were what they looked at.  Nothing else.  It still wouldn't hurt to bring some, especially if you're pictures may not be a strong point for showing a bona fide relationship. But otherwise, I brought a lot of paperwork for nothing and I see a lot of people saying the same.

We were not allowed to bring phones in. We left them at the hotel.  Everyone else put them in lockers.

There is a section called Consulate  Review, and people write about their individual experiences with their interviews. It might help a lot to look up your country and see what people's experience was.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, bakphx1@aol.com said:

I know that every country is different, but my experience and reading the experience of others was printing out and bringing chats was basically a waste of time. Pictures were what they looked at.  Nothing else.  It still wouldn't hurt to bring some, especially if you're pictures may not be a strong point for showing a bona fide relationship. But otherwise, I brought a lot of paperwork for nothing and I see a lot of people saying the same.

We were not allowed to bring phones in. We left them at the hotel.  Everyone else put them in lockers.

There is a section called Consulate  Review, and people write about their individual experiences with their interviews. It might help a lot to look up your country and see what people's experience was.

I have seen many posts of those who were asked for more relationship evidence at interview and now their visa process is delayed because of it.  One should always go prepared because you never can predict what the IO may ask for.  It is much better to have it all prepared just in case than to not have it if asked and cause delays.  You should also bring updated ongoing evidence that occurred from time of visa applicatiion until interview.

Here is the Algeria embassy review page:  http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Algeria

Timeline

thank you for the answers.

some reviews about interviews at the Algerian embassy are mostly about other classes of us visas and rarely you find a review about K1 fiance visa, if found is little but short.

but anyway thanks for the help. I will then go to the interview and be confident and convience the CO if he is not convienced.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.