PURPLEKIWI

VISA PROCESS

11 posts in this topic

My husband and I applied for a visa but unfortunately we didnt follow through with this, and were sent the letter saying it was past the one year point, we have now decided to make the move to the USA , will we be able to start the process over from scratch?

Exactly how long has it been since you applied? If it has not been to long you can call to see if your case can be continued.

Edited by NuestraUnion

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Hmm. It may very well be closed. But a phone call wouldn't hurt.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Am approved I-130 does not expire.  You need to file an I-824 to get the I-130 out of records. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, NikLR said:

Am approved I-130 does not expire.  You need to file an I-824 to get the I-130 out of records. 

Correct.  Technically, nobody has applied for anything.  The US Citizen filed the I-130 petition.  It was approved and sent to the National Visa Center.  NVC sent it back to USCIS when you didn't follow through with the actual visa application process.  File the I-824 and eventually the approved petition will go back to the National Visa Center and you can proceed from there.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Did you have a look at my timeline....we got to the point of sending the IV packagage.....was this too far, we also had a letter stating because of time frame our application had been cancelled

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, PURPLEKIWI said:

Did you have a look at my timeline....we got to the point of sending the IV packagage.....was this too far, we also had a letter stating because of time frame our application had been cancelled

No, I didn't read the timeline, but it wouldn't change your next step.  You might end up only paying the difference in the old fees and the new ones, but otherwise they will want current documents.  Fees and some requirements have changed since then.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

They cancelled the visa process for you but the I-130 approval still hasn't expired.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.