Kristi&Luigi

Expedite Request for Financial loss/Humanitarian Denied

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi everyone, 

this is my first post here but I've been using VisaJourney for help to assemble my i-129f petition and documents for my fiance's k-1 visa. 

A little bit about our case: 

I have been diagnosed with systemic sclerosis (this is a deadly autoimmune disease that requires chemotherapeutic treatment) and rheumatoid arthritis. I am now living overseas with my fiance because I was not well in the US alone. I need my fiance's help and when I start treatment it will leave me weak and fragile and I will need him more than ever. The longer I stay untreated the worse will be my health and prognosis. I don't have support from anyone else in the USA, but my brother offers some financial help for food/shelter. I even lost my job due to this situation, and was left with no choice but to come and live in Romania with my fiance. We ran out of funds so I took a loan. Every day I fall more in debt and I need to pay back this loan. 

I applied for an expedite under humanitarian and financial loss through the senate. I provided about 16 pages of proof of my diagnosis including blood reports, letters from hospital and photos of my damaged joints, the loan, and the severity of the situation, however the expedite request was denied. The letter back from USCIS to my senator said "USCIS realizes that your constituent may be frustrated by the progress of the case". It is so upsetting that my struggles were looked upon as "frustration" when I am really suffering and need some help on this. 

Does anyone have any experience with this? Should I gather more proof and try again? How many times is it allowed to submit an expedite request? and will requesting more expedite requests jeopardize the result of the actual 1-129f petition? 

Thank you and if you know anything that might help, please do let us know.  

Really don't see a point in trying again but if you feel you need to, then you can give it a try. Usually decisions on expedite requests are clear. It is tough for fiancé visas also. Technically, there is no 100% guarantee the beneficiary will become your husband and take care of you. You two could break up and go your separate ways next week. That was just an point on one of the views someone petitioning a fiancé over a spouse has to overcome.

Regardless, wishing you luck and improved health.

Edited by NuestraUnion

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

first why would you loose your job over this?

short term disability and then SS disability after 6 months of short term disability for serious long term care along with medicare and hospice care

if someone fired you for being sick, need to see a US lawyer for this alone

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I remember a similar case in Morocco?

First thing of course is if you have no funds, presumably no Insurance then how will you get good treatment in the US? 

Assuming you are looking to qualify for MEdicaid etc I believe this takes some time and you need to focus on your health and return asap.

Does your fiancee have a tourist visa.?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I remember a similar case in Morocco?

First thing of course is if you have no funds, presumably no Insurance then how will you get good treatment in the US? 

Assuming you are looking to qualify for MEdicaid etc I believe this takes some time and you need to focus on your health and return asap.

Does your fiancee have a tourist visa.?

I have no problems getting employed as I'm a university graduate I can get one fast on my return, and if i will need/can't get a job I will try to receive medicaid. I lost my other job due to the stress of this situation, with my diagnosis and disabilities. My employer said it's best to part ways because I wasn't performing as I should (going to work on time, etc etc) due to restrictions both medically and mentally. But if I have my fiance's support, I will be able to obtain a job with no stress or problems as he will help me. 

No, unfortunately my fiance does not have a tourist visa. We were thinking about applying but don't know if its a good idea at this stage. 

Would it be possible for your fiance to pay for your expenses while you're abroad - that would help your financial situation quite a bit and remove some stress. I suggest you seek treatment there also, getting permanent damages from delaying treatment is going to cost you in the long run. 

Not sure if another expedite request is worth it as you'll now approach the regular processing time. 

Best of luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What would an Employer talking up references think?  Obviously depends on your expertise.

Not common for MEdical benefits to be available from Day 1, usually there is a waiting period.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

At our company medical benefits start on the first of the month after your hire. Where my husband works there is a 90-day waiting period.

Have you considered working from home for a company remotely? There is a lot of that going on now with the advances in technology. Our company does it. Looks like you've got good computer skills and are able to use a computer for long periods. That's all most office jobs require these days. 

I don't think staying in Romania and taking out loans is the answer. You should look into returning home and starting work. He won't be able to work for some time when he arrives. What will you do financially in the meantime before you start earning if you stay in Romania until he gets his visa? The longer you are out of work, the harder it is to get back in. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

says she was not well in US alone means she was here and short term disablitliy from her job instead of leaving it would have been the way to go

insurance from that job

and then the application for ss disablity

don't say i can't work or live alone because of my illness and then say i have a degree and no problem getting work

we can't help you if we don't know all

if you can get a job return to US and work

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.