alygirl92

Has anyone had success with a K-3?

45 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello as you probably know my husband and I are collecting the documentation needed to apply for a CR-1 visa. We have been together for two and a half years already although due to an illness in my family I was only able to travel to Morocco and get married there this month. We are understandably more than ready to start our life together as soon as possible. My question is, has anyone had any success with the K-3 visa in recent years and does anyone think it's a viable option for getting him here more quickly? I know a lot of people say it's obsolete but I'm exploring all options for the fasted route forward possible.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You see a handful a year and the time difference anyway is minimal.

You spent the last 2 years or so in Morocco?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

It may save a month and costs  TWICE as much.  It's not even worth the effort.  Ive seen about 6 go through on VJ since 2012.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Boiler said:

You see a handful a year and the time difference anyway is minimal.

You spent the last 2 years or so in Morocco?

No, I've been in the USA the whole time. This month was my first trip to Morocco. When I said together I meant we were in a relationship not that we were living together. :)

Edited by alygirl92

Timeline

If you only went to Morocco one time and got married the first time, try to front load as much as possible. To be honest, they won't care about an illness in your family or any other reason why you did not have more in person time together. Casablanca is a difficult embassy. After we were denied a K1 (well it was returned to US, so not denied but not approved) we purposely have waited until we have more visits/face time to get married and file CR1 because of the issue with CR1s not getting approved with little face time together. The K1/CR1 group on Facebook out of Morocco has MANY in AP for 6 months - 1 year + after a CR1 interview where they got married the first time. We did not want to get the AP nightmare a second time. 

It doesnt matter if you have been talking for 2 years online or 12 years online - what matters the most it seems is the amount of time you are together. You may want to consider delaying your application for 4-6 months until you can visit him at least one more time. Either way, definitely front load as much as you can for one visit and try to be there for his interview. It is hard financially (and emotionally!) for all of us going through it, but delaying an application for 4-6 months until you have another visit is IMO MUCH better than waiting in AP if they don't believe the validity of your relationship. 

I know you were here asking about K3 and I don't have information to offer you on that, just to say that you need to be cautious and prepare well after getting married a first time. It's so difficult to have your wait prolonged because you were impatient from the beginning. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, EandH0904 said:

If you only went to Morocco one time and got married the first time, try to front load as much as possible. To be honest, they won't care about an illness in your family or any other reason why you did not have more in person time together. Casablanca is a difficult embassy. After we were denied a K1 (well it was returned to US, so not denied but not approved) we purposely have waited until we have more visits/face time to get married and file CR1 because of the issue with CR1s not getting approved with little face time together. The K1/CR1 group on Facebook out of Morocco has MANY in AP for 6 months - 1 year + after a CR1 interview where they got married the first time. We did not want to get the AP nightmare a second time. 

It doesnt matter if you have been talking for 2 years online or 12 years online - what matters the most it seems is the amount of time you are together. You may want to consider delaying your application for 4-6 months until you can visit him at least one more time. Either way, definitely front load as much as you can for one visit and try to be there for his interview. It is hard financially (and emotionally!) for all of us going through it, but delaying an application for 4-6 months until you have another visit is IMO MUCH better than waiting in AP if they don't believe the validity of your relationship. 

I know you were here asking about K3 and I don't have information to offer you on that, just to say that you need to be cautious and prepare well after getting married a first time. It's so difficult to have your wait prolonged because you were impatient from the beginning. 

Thanks for the advice! I don't think we can wait though, I'm going crazy waiting until we have the paperwork that we need to file. Hopefully I can get in a few more visits to Morocco between the time of our filing and the interview date at the consulate so we can have some more proof to bring to the consulate for the interview.

Timeline

Quickest option would be for you to move.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
Just now, alygirl92 said:

Thanks for the advice! I don't think we can wait though, I'm going crazy waiting until we have the paperwork that we need to file. Hopefully I can get in a few more visits to Morocco between the time of our filing and the interview date at the consulate so we can have some more proof to bring to the consulate for the interview.

By that point in time, they may or may not care to see any more proof - a lot of the time they will not even look at it. I think they make up their mind before you even go to the interview. That's why the front loading is important. I wish I had someone to help me out when I started so I could have saved myself all this heartache. It's hard for everyone to wait - EVERYONE on here is separated from family they love but we all wait. I (and I am sure others on here) will give you this advice that I am sure you won't listen to, but we have solid experience. There is nothing standard about the consulate in Morocco unfortunately. 

Timeline
Just now, Boiler said:

Quickest option would be for you to move.

I told my husband that I will give the visa process a year and if we haven't made any progress by then I'm moving to Morocco. Right now I'm trying to stay in the usa so I can work and earn money for the whole process.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, alygirl92 said:

I told my husband that I will give the visa process a year and if we haven't made any progress by then I'm moving to Morocco. Right now I'm trying to stay in the usa so I can work and earn money for the whole process.

Cr1 takes 12-18 months right now. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, alygirl92 said:

I have no idea what is entailed but good you have a plan, see so many who do not.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

It's better to delay the process  for a bit than to end up getting denied and having to wait that out. It makes the process so much longer. You're dealing with a tough embassy. 

<3  Our K-1 Visa Journey <3

I-129f sent -- 2-18-2016        

NOA1 -- 2-24-2016

NOA2 -- 05-02-2016

NVC received -- 05-13-2016

NVC left -- 05-18-2016

Embassy received -- 5-22-2016

Interview Date -- 8-31-2016

Interview Result -- APPROVED!!!

AP -- (09-07-2016)

Visa Issued -- 9-08-2016

US Entry -- 09-24-2016

<3 MARRIAGE -- 10-21-2016 <3

AOS, EAD, AND AP Filed 01-05-2017

NOA1 -- 01-19-2017

Biometrics -- 02-06-2017

EAD and AP approved -- 05-19-2017

AOS approved -- 08-24-2017

Received card -- 09-01-2017

❤ Baby boy is here!! December 26th 2017 ❤

Timeline

I see you have a plan and you can take that chance being that you met one time in person and got married at the same time...yes this is going to be a serious issue with the consulate in Casablanca for many of us who have already experienced them...it would have been great if you met in person before getting married that way you could have showed engagement photos with him and family and then later marriage  photos with marriage certificate because its gonna be hard to prove a bonafide serious relationship if you only had an online relationship for 2 years....sad to say but the consulate want look at the online relationship as a relationship....they will mainly look at when you actual met in person and how long you both was together but because you met for the first time and got married it will be a redflag for him because he will only be the one in the interview unless the CO request to have you there but most likely they may not allow you in the interview. For example there is a man on here that got married in Morocco and him and his wife was married for 5 years but only met 1 time in 5 years and got married even though he had the marriage certificate it was not enough proof so he is in AP...You can go ahead and file your I-130 but be prepared but I don't know much about k3...but k3 seems to be too much paperwork I think. 

Timeline

@Latonia we all have the same experiences and stories and we come here because we have been through the struggles and hsve first hand knowledge of it but it seems like the OP has her mind made up. I don't know why people come here seeking advice then don't listen when it doesn't line up with whst they want to hear 

Timeline

@EandH0904 yes but we all have one thing in common and that is that we all want to be with the ones we love and care about quickly as possible but we all have to go through the embassy or consulate to do that

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.