kmking

Notice of intent to revoke

58 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

The uscis send a letter to my wife and the letter was lies,  the c.o lies

The letter stated. 

1.the applicants married shortly after their first meeting.

2. It appears that the beneficiary  was previously marriage, the beneficiary has two children, ages 11,4 both same mother.,shortly before the birth of his first child, the child mother's family visited the beneficiary family and performed some of the rites consistent with a customary Ghanaian marriage. 

3.during the interview, the beneficiary was unable to provide sustainable details about the petitioner life in the US,including friends, work colleagues, hobbies. 

4 the submitted photographs appears to have been taken for immigration purpose only..

so please those who had similar problem and now they over come it, should please share your ideas,  thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Oh my!!!  This looks like they have flagged this case as fraud.........I would start looking for a good attorney.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

1. When did you first meet, and when did you marry?
  2. Did you perform any rituals that married couples normally undergo (even if it's not a legally recognized marriage and there's no paperwork)? I'm not familiar enough with Ghana's customs, but I have seen certain rituals be considered as marriage for immigration purposes. Either way, I'm not sure what they are getting at here as this is for a spousal visa. If it was for a K-1, I would understand their reasoning for noting this, but for a CR-1/IR-1 I don't see how it's particularly relevant to the case.
  3. That's their opinion given the interview...not much to add here. If you know what questions and responses were given, that may help shed some light.
  4. What photos were there?

Either way, you can attempt to dispute their findings and request that USCIS reaffirm the petition. If they review it and agree, they will send it back to the embassy and schedule another interview. They are not supposed to reject the visa for the same reason(s) once reaffirmed. An experienced attorney may be beneficial in your case to help craft your NOIR response. Good luck.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline

We met October 2015 and marry on the 4th  day, I have never perform any customary married before, even Ghana our culture a man must marry a woman not a woman family will come and marry a man is lies. I sent a picture of our wedding,family and friends. and it was dated. she have visited me 2nd time during my interview last year, she is now in Ghana for her 3rd visit.  Now are confused about this lies 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
40 minutes ago, kmking said:

We met October 2015 and marry on the 4th  day, I have never perform any customary married before, even Ghana our culture a man must marry a woman not a woman family will come and marry a man is lies. I sent a picture of our wedding,family and friends. and it was dated. she have visited me 2nd time during my interview last year, she is now in Ghana for her 3rd visit.  Now are confused about this lies 

I can see the CO thinking that getting married after 4 days of meeting each other seems super-rushed and staged. That may be far from the truth but from the CO's point of view and assessing your relationship from documents, pictures etc. it will be harder for him to see otherwise.

Like other's have suggested, get substantial evidence and most importantly the advice of a lawyer as this case is likely being tagged as a fraudulent one and could potentially impact other future dealings with the US consulate as well.

One piece of advice (from one Ghanaian to another) : be clear in your explanation of events pertaining to your relationship as well. clear timeline etc. It took me a while to understand every thing you typed up so a CO who has a ton of work on his hands won't bother trying to make sense of everything.

Edited by MaleAlpha

~AOS : 09/11/2014 - 2 YR Green card received!.

~ROC 07/13/2017 - 10 YR Green card received!.

~N-400 : 10/28/2020 - N400 Interview & Approval/Oath Ceremony/US Citizen!

More Importantly, I am a proud Anti-Fascist!

Timeline
1 hour ago, kmking said:

The letter stated. 

Flight ticket, Passport stamp and Marriage (with the date shown)

2. It appears that the beneficiary  was previously marriage, the beneficiary has two children, ages 11,4 both same mother.,shortly before the birth of his first child, the child mother's family visited the beneficiary family and performed some of the rites consistent with a customary Ghanaian marriage. 

Do you have a baby mama? Did your family meet her family to perform any rites? (What tribe is the woman? if she is a Ga and you performed outdooring for the child then you can't say you are not married. So becareful with that part if any part of number 2 is correct then  you need show proof that there is no existing relationship before you married the petitioner. Affidavit statement from family members,explain how marriage rite is performed (the man's family goes to marry the woman, the woman's family cannot come to your family to perform anything and call it marriage). You need a lawyer for this part if it is all lies.

3.during the interview, the beneficiary was unable to provide sustainable details about the petitioner life in the US,including friends, work colleagues, hobbies. 

Chat messages showing where you both talked about petitioner's friends, work colleagues and hobbies. If you have pictures petitioner shared that shows her with her friends, co-workers or enjoying her hobby.

4 the submitted photographs appears to have been taken for immigration purpose only..

so please those who had similar problem and now they over come it, should please share your ideas,  thank you.

A lawyer can help you respond to this one. 

In essence, you need a lawyer but gather as much of the evidence you have at your disposal to help your case.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline
1 hour ago, kmking said:

The letter stated. 

This looks like it is the NOID/NOIR that the petitioner receives from USCIS after the case has been returned from the embassy

to USCIS with recommendation to deny the petition.

Your wife (the USC) will have 30 days to submit the rebuttal to the CO's findings.

1. Yes, marrying so quick after meeting is a fraud indicator.
Submit a lot of proof of all visits, receipts of your times together, photos, phone logs, chats, from the beginning of the relationship
to current. Write a relationship timeline on how you met, how your relationship grew from friendship to love to marriage.
USC needs to write this letter, it can be signed and dated by both of you.
Also submit affidavits which are letters from family and friends who can attest that you are in a bona fide marriage.
2. This states that the mother of your childrens  (beneficiary) family visited you and that is looked at as a traditional marriage
by Ghanaian custom. So they think you are traditionally married to the mother of your children.
How you can prove a rebuttal that this didn't happen is up to you, I don't know what happened.
Affidavits from your family (beneficiary) stating you did not traditionally marry the mother of your children would help, including from the
mother of the children and also if she remarried submit her marriage certificate if she will cooperate.
3. You, the beneficiary, should also write a relationship letter, including answers to the questions that he is accused of not being able to answer.
I was not there and do not know if you were able to answer all questions correctly so you two will have figure that out.
4. resubmit the photos in question (plus add about 150 updated newer ones along with wedding photos and photos with family etc)
Add a paragraph for each photos that they said were staged for immigration only, write where it was, who took it, what you did that day,

names and dates and location.

Read through this entire 52 page thread and then post in that thread for more feedback on how to submit evidence as a rebuttal.
There are a lot of people from Ghana going through the same thing.

Your wife, the USC needs to understand this as she will be the one doing the rebuttal so she needs to be here and read and research.
Time is of the essence her, she has 30 days unless the letter states otherwise.
Confirm that this is the actual NOID/NOIR request from USCIS that hse received.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Ebunoluwa said:

This looks like it is the NOID/NOIR that the petitioner receives from USCIS after the case has been returned from the embassy

to USCIS with recommendation to deny the petition.

Your wife (the USC) will have 30 days to submit the rebuttal to the CO's findings.

1. Yes, marrying so quick after meeting is a fraud indicator.
Submit a lot of proof of all visits, receipts of your times together, photos, phone logs, chats, from the beginning of the relationship
to current. Write a relationship timeline on how you met, how your relationship grew from friendship to love to marriage.
USC needs to write this letter, it can be signed and dated by both of you.
Also submit affidavits which are letters from family and friends who can attest that you are in a bona fide marriage.
2. This states that the mother of your childrens  (beneficiary) family visited you and that is looked at as a traditional marriage
by Ghanaian custom. So they think you are traditionally married to the mother of your children.

How you can prove a rebuttal that this didn't happen is up to you, I don't know what happened.
Affidavits from your family (beneficiary) stating you did not traditionally marry the mother of your children would help, including from the
mother of the children and also if she remarried submit her marriage certificate if she will cooperate.
3. You, the beneficiary, should also write a relationship letter, including answers to the questions that he is accused of not being able to answer.
I was not there and do not know if you were able to answer all questions correctly so you two will have figure that out.
4. resubmit the photos in question (plus add about 150 updated newer ones along with wedding photos and photos with family etc)
Add a paragraph for each photos that they said were staged for immigration only, write where it was, who took it, what you did that day,

names and dates and location.

Read through this entire 52 page thread and then post in that thread for more feedback on how to submit evidence as a rebuttal.
There are a lot of people from Ghana going through the same thing.

Your wife, the USC needs to understand this as she will be the one doing the rebuttal so she needs to be here and read and research.
Time is of the essence her, she has 30 days unless the letter states otherwise.
Confirm that this is the actual NOID/NOIR request from USCIS that hse received.

CO appears to be saying that beneficiary has a baby mama and the baby mama's family visited OP's family to perform marriage rites. Culturally, that's not how it is done. The beneficiary's family should be the one to go to baby mama's family to perform the rites not the reverse. Not that USCIS might care, cos so long as there was a "RITE" performed somewhere that looks like marriage, it is marriage..lol

I stand corrected

Edited by IcezMan_IcezLady

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, kmking said:

@kmking, I am curious why would the CO think you held a traditional ceremony with your children's mother. Did you submit some kind of evidence of this? Did the CO ask questions about her and you stated you had a ceremony? It's seems strange to me that the CO would jump to that conclusion without it being either presented or stated to them. 

As as stated before by others, your wife needs to act quickly if you want to try and overcome this. She only has 30 days to submit all evidence she can to counter the CO's notes. Make sure it's detailed. She addresses everything point by point. 

17 minutes ago, IcezMan_IcezLady said:

CO appears to be saying that beneficiary has a baby mama and the baby mama's family visited OP's family to perform marriage rites. Culturally, that's not how it is done. The beneficiary's family should be the one to go to baby mama's family to perform the rites not the reverse. Not that USCIS might care, cos so long as there was a "RITE" performed somewhere that looks like marriage, it is marriage..lol

I stand corrected

Yeah, I got confused by that as well. I originally thought the "baby mama" was the OP's wife...which is why I didn't see why they cared so much about a cultural marriage ritual when there was also legal marriage backing it later. haha

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Most likely they did some sort of field enquiry and someone reported having been at the mans "wedding" or knowing his "first wife"  All it takes is a few poorly worded comments by a neighbor to end your visa dreams for a long time.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

I went in to the same situation. I sent more evidence and just 12 days, they reaffirmed my case.

Inbox me and we can talk about what I sent them.

The most important thing is you have to be truthful as possible. Marrying in just 4 days is a huge red flag. 

Has your wife ever come to visit since you got married?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
51 minutes ago, NigeriaorBust said:

Most likely they did some sort of field enquiry and someone reported having been at the mans "wedding" or knowing his "first wife"  All it takes is a few poorly worded comments by a neighbor to end your visa dreams for a long time.

Those are my thoughts, too.  It seems the embassy did some detective work to get that much info.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 hours ago, NigeriaorBust said:

That's what I was thinking... maybe spoke with the kids mom/family???? 

01/28/2013 I-130 package sent

01/31/2013 Notice of Action Date After POE
02/01/2013 Received e-mail and text notification of acceptance
11/26/2013 Applied for SS#
02/04/2013 Received hard copy NOA1 (case not found in on-line system) 12/02/2013 ELIS site still states "accepted"
03/12/2013 Transferred to the local office 12/27/2013 received green card
04/10/2013 Case still not found in on-line system
04/15/2013 INFO-PASS appointment

05/01/2013 NOA2 sent petition approved

NVC Stage...of course it has to be complicatedreading.gifrolleyes.gif

05/09/2013 Case received by NVC

05/23/2013 Received case #'s from NVC

05/23/2013 DS-3032 sent from husband's e-mail

06/03/2013 First day I can not access payment portal

06/04/2013 AOS Fee invoiced and payment made

06/04/2013 DS-3032 resent with Supervisor Review

06/05/2013 DS-3032 acceptance e-mail

06/05/2013 AOS Fee shows "PAID"

06/06/2013 AOS package express mailed

06/07/2013 IV bill invoiced and payment made (still waiting on documents from Hubby)

06/08/2013 IV package express mailed

06/25/2013 IV reviewed - Checklist (2 errors, Birth document & date on DS-230)

06/26/2013 Requested supervisor review by e-mail & verbal request for birth document (fingers crossed)

06/27/2013 AOS accepted

06/28/2013 Checklist response sent for corrected DS-230 (I had my husband sign extra's just in-case)

08/02/2013 NVC requested a supervisor review on the checklist item over 20 business day window

08/05/2013 Case Complete!!! kicking.gif

08/27/2013 Interview Assigned

10/30/2013 Interview

11/04/2013 Pick up Passport

11/12/2013 POE @ JFK

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.