desilove77

Today marks 6 Months in AP!

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Today is 6 months my Fiancé is in AP. I'm so devastated and angry over this. They also still have his passport.  I was wondering if anyone has been in AP this long and if they got a visa issued after long AP? I'm losing hope. I need help.  If anyone knows or can give me any positive feedback(or any info) on this I would really appreciate it.  TY!

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Mellisa said:

Was he given a 221g to submit additional documents?

Yes. It was checked off for AP and medical documents which they received 7 days after interview. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Have you tried emailing them its so fustrating to almost be done and then have to wait months more for a simple review of one sheet of paper..now they will request for him to do medical again which will cost money...

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mellisa said:

Have you tried emailing them its so fustrating to almost be done and then have to wait months more for a simple review of one sheet of paper..now they will request for him to do medical again which will cost money...

I email then every month. Always the same reply that it's in AP. I also called DOS and they tell me it's in AP at Embassy in Kabul. I just hope we get approved.  I'm scared since it's taking so long they will deny it.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mellisa said:

No i have seen people in ap for 1 year and still get approve it depends on the consulate some have longer ap than others

U have? That makes me feel better! I got nervous cause one guy was on same day for interview with my Fiancé and he got visa in June. His Fiancé was on here talking to me. I just wonder when they will want another medical.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The medicals only good for six months and since its been six months already im guessing you will be getting another notification from them to redo the medical and then issue the visa

Timeline
Just now, Mellisa said:

The medicals only good for six months and since its been six months already im guessing you will be getting another notification from them to redo the medical and then issue the visa

Ok..I just want to TY😊 for taking the time out to help me with my concern. I really appreciate it☺

Filed: IR-3 Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Still not updates?

is ur case still in kabul?

I would follow up with them and find out because from what I heard Finance cases expires after 6 months.

Timeline
18 minutes ago, maryam78 said:

Still not updates?

I would follow up with them and find out because from what I heard Finance cases expires after 6 months.

Yeah.. my case is still at embassy.  Still showing AP with an update today.  My medical expires in 6 months which was Feb 22nd. The k1 visa can be extended by CO at Embassy I was told.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
23 minutes ago, maryam78 said:

Still not updates?

It won't expire while in AP

Filed: IR-3 Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, desilove77 said:

Yeah.. my case is still at embassy.  Still showing AP with an update today.  My medical expires in 6 months which was Feb 22nd. The k1 visa can be extended by CO at Embassy I was told.

well, If your case still in the embassy then it is a good sign, maybe they are still working on it. YOu got an update today is it bc u sent an email or update on its own? 

Hop and pray ur get it soon. Wish you all the best.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, maryam78 said:

well, If your case still in the embassy then it is a good sign, maybe they are still working on it. YOu got an update today is it bc u sent an email or update on its own? 

Hop and pray ur get it soon. Wish you all the best.

Actually update Sunday from my email. Today was from them I guess working on it. Just gets me mad to keep someone's passport this long. TY so much for ur kind words! I am praying for all of us to get visas soon to be with our loved ones🙏🙏🙏

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I am in same situation had medical at 10 of may and interview at 30 of may 2017 in kabul still in ap . I know some people they take visa after just two week .

there is two type of visa that may applied on us Visa condor which take 2-3 month to process this is for same countries mostly islamic and visa donkey if they think maybe threat to USA they will put in it which minimum take 4 month and maximum 1 year .

We can't do anything it is obvious .

just few things i want to ask .

your husband name have Ahmad, Muhammad,abdul inside ?

Does he work or worked in government?

which field he is in information technology or what?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.