20 posts in this topic

I'm a December 14th 2016 filer and I still don't receive my noa2.. anyone else in the same situation. Of course USCIS doesn't update their page quickly enough, and when they do, it is 2 months behind. I've called about 3 times during the whole process, and I called today again because I see a lot of people have received their NOA2, while I'm still in the wait (been 8 1/4 months since I got my NOA1) all they say is exactly what they have on their website.. according to them, the processing times updated on USCIS is the "up to date" information and if I want to make a special inquiry I have to wait till USCIS processing times has passed my date (I know August has been our month and they are still in June.. so I'd have to wait till they update August in 2 months)

Anyone else going through the same? Any advice? Moral support? (hahaha, I'm serious, we are going crazy) 

Edited by Iguanabat

Filed: Other Timeline
43 minutes ago, Iguanabat said:

I'm a December 14th 2016 filer and I still don't receive my noa2.. anyone else in the same situation. Of course USCIS doesn't update their page quickly enough, and when they do, it is 2 months behind. I've called about 3 times during the whole process, and I called today again because I see a lot of people have received their NOA2, while I'm still in the wait (been 8 1/4 months since I got my NOA1) all they say is exactly what they have on their website.. according to them, the processing times updated on USCIS is the "up to date" information and if I want to make a special inquiry I have to wait till USCIS processing times has passed my date (I know August has been our month and they are still in June.. so I'd have to wait till they update August in 2 months)

Anyone else going through the same? Any advice? Moral support? (hahaha, I'm serious, we are going crazy) 

They are really behind. My PD is 12/12...I'm still waiting too. However I did get a couple updates recently on the tracking application I use. Recently some PDs of 12/5 - 12/12 either approved or sent RFE. So hopefully we will hear something soon. But, there are still many November cases in Nebraska center unapproved

When I was waiting for NOA2 at Nebraska, I followed the processing times here on VisaJourney and ignored USCIS. It looks like yours is right around what is being processed now, according to VJ timelines. The timeline estimates are often very close to what is actually going on at Nebraska, not what USCIS tells you. You should be approved very soon according to timelines.

CR-1 Visa Timeline

USCIS

7/27/2016: I-130 mailed.

8/02/2016: NOA1.

2/17/2017: NOA2.

2/24/2017: I-130 sent to NVC.

NVC

3/03/2017:  I-130 received.

3/09/2017: Case # and invoice # received, AOS and IV fees paid.

3/16/2017: DS-260 submitted; AOS and IV packets sent with EP.

4/06/2017: Case complete.

Consulate

4/15/2017: Interview email (P4).

5/09/2017: Medical.

5/15/2017: Interview.

5/19/2017: Visa in hand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USA

5/20/2017: POE.

6/10/2017: Green card received.

7/05/2017: SSN card received (had to apply in person).  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lifting Conditions

4/19/2019: Filed I-751

5/01/2019: NOA (CSC)

7/22/2019: Case transferred to National Benefits Center

12/20/2019: Biometrics Appointment

2/12/2020: Interview Date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

November filer right here... Still waiting for NOA2 along with many other November filers.  

Marriage: Oct. 22, 2016

I-130 Sent : Nov. 22, 2016

NOA1: Nov. 29, 2016 - Nebraska Service Center

NOA2: Oct. 16, 2017 - 321 days

Sent to NVC: Oct. 24, 2017

NVC received: Oct. 30, 2017

Case # and IIN obtained: Nov. 3, 2017

AOS fee paid: Nov. 4, 2017

IV fee paid: Nov. 7, 2017

AOS & IV packet sent: Nov. 23, 2017

Scan date: Nov. 28, 2017

CC: Jan. 8, 2018

Interview date: Feb. 22, 2018

Visa Issued: Mar. 1, 2018 

POE: Mar. 10, 2018

ROC:

I-751 Sent: Dec. 30, 2019

I-751 Received: Jan. 2, 2020

Text Received - Case Accepted (MSC): Jan. 9, 2020

NOA / Extension Letter Received: Jan. 11, 2020

Biometrics Appointment: Feb. 5, 2020

Case Ready for Interview: Oct. 21, 2020

Interview date: Dec. 22, 2020 - Approved

GC Received: Dec. 31, 2020

N-400:

Form submitted online: Jan. 1, 2021

Biometrics Appointment: Aug. 19, 2021

N-400 Interview: Jan. 20, 2022

Oath Ceremony: TBD

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, Iguanabat said:

Hello Iguanabat,

I'm an October 26th filer and I still have not received my NOA2. After the normal processing time was passed, I contacted NCSC by email to find out what was the hold up. They checked and said they were doing some background security checks. Then I emailed the California office with the file and they said the same thing. Then I emailed my senator, Ted Cruz and he said the same thing. Then I emailed the last resort...The Ombudsman...and that's when the magic started to happen. They contacted USCIS and USCIS told them that my file was still under review and they couldn't tell them when it would be ready. The Ombudsman emailed me that they would continue to contact USCIS about my case until there was an outcome. I didn't know it was going to be weekly. This was on the 14th of August. Today I received an email from the Ombudsman that USCIS has informed them that a decision has been reached on my case and I should be getting a letter in the mail within the next 21 days. I am so happy. 

I suggest you do what I did. For each level of contact you will have to wait between 30 - 45 days. I expect to get approved. In my case, I am re-marrying my ex-wife and she already has two kids for me. Good luck. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
19 hours ago, Iguanabat said:

Hey @Iguanabat I am a 12/9 filer and just received by NOA2 earlier this month. I submitted 2 inquiries via my lawyer and 2 via my congressional official's office. you definitely shouldnt wait till anything updates, you are far out of normal processing time. i would reach out to your senator or representative and file an inquiry through them since they have their own seperate contacts at USCIS different from the individuals we speak to. I feel your pain, Waiting 8 months for our NOA2 was so tormenting. 

Timeline
13 hours ago, saintike said:

Hello Iguanabat,

I'm an October 26th filer and I still have not received my NOA2. After the normal processing time was passed, I contacted NCSC by email to find out what was the hold up. They checked and said they were doing some background security checks. Then I emailed the California office with the file and they said the same thing. Then I emailed my senator, Ted Cruz and he said the same thing. Then I emailed the last resort...The Ombudsman...and that's when the magic started to happen. They contacted USCIS and USCIS told them that my file was still under review and they couldn't tell them when it would be ready. The Ombudsman emailed me that they would continue to contact USCIS about my case until there was an outcome. I didn't know it was going to be weekly. This was on the 14th of August. Today I received an email from the Ombudsman that USCIS has informed them that a decision has been reached on my case and I should be getting a letter in the mail within the next 21 days. I am so happy. 

I suggest you do what I did. For each level of contact you will have to wait between 30 - 45 days. I expect to get approved. In my case, I am re-marrying my ex-wife and she already has two kids for me. Good luck. 

I cant believe you have been waiting since October that is insane. They are so behind on so many cases that are pending. 

18 hours ago, melusine10 said:

November filer right here... Still waiting for NOA2 along with many other November filers.  

Have you used your rep or senator to submit an inquiry?

On 23/8/2017 at 1:50 PM, August97 said:

They are really behind. My PD is 12/12...I'm still waiting too. However I did get a couple updates recently on the tracking application I use. Recently some PDs of 12/5 - 12/12 either approved or sent RFE. So hopefully we will hear something soon. But, there are still many November cases in Nebraska center unapproved

I just saw you updated your approval of I-130 on August 23? If so congratulations! I sure hope I get my response soon too! Though of what I´ve heard there are many things that could be delaying it more.. I really hope nothing delays us more!

What app do you use? Maybe I could use the same one?

Edited by Iguanabat

5 hours ago, db2016 said:

Hey @Iguanabat I am a 12/9 filer and just received by NOA2 earlier this month. I submitted 2 inquiries via my lawyer and 2 via my congressional official's office. you definitely shouldnt wait till anything updates, you are far out of normal processing time. i would reach out to your senator or representative and file an inquiry through them since they have their own seperate contacts at USCIS different from the individuals we speak to. I feel your pain, Waiting 8 months for our NOA2 was so tormenting. 

Hey! Yeah, when I called USCIS I got nothing worth the call... I don´t live in USA at the time, who could I call from here (Ecuador) we don´t have a senator... maybe the counselor? Even though I have no idea how to contact him. Any ideas?

13 minutes ago, Iguanabat said:

I just saw you updated your approval of I-130 on August 23? If so congratulations! I sure hope I get my response soon too! Though of what I´ve heard there are many things that could be delaying it more.. I really hope nothing delays us more!

What app do you use? Maybe I could use the same one?

Thank you, yes I was notified of my approval this morning. This is the app o use 

http://www.uscisapp.com

Timeline
17 hours ago, Iguanabat said:

Hey! Yeah, when I called USCIS I got nothing worth the call... I don´t live in USA at the time, who could I call from here (Ecuador) we don´t have a senator... maybe the counselor? Even though I have no idea how to contact him. Any ideas?

What is your home state? I would still reach out to your representative even though you arent living in the US at the time. Do you have a permanent address in the US? a home? your parent's home? i would give it a try!

So I finally received an answer!! They have asked me for some RFE, my case was updated on USCIS web page, but no email. Sadly we don't live in the states and they told me they sent a physical package in the mail, here in my country physical mail does NOT work! They take at least 6months to deliver something IF they even deliver. We are panicking because have no idea what they are requesting and have no idea how we will reply if it doesn't reach us! 

On the side note, anyone know how long it takes to get an answer once you send RFE's? (If it is something simple.. I'm pretty sure they are asking for a translation of my marriage certificate which I was stupid enough to not send)

14 hours ago, Iguanabat said:

So I finally received an answer!! They have asked me for some RFE, my case was updated on USCIS web page, but no email. Sadly we don't live in the states and they told me they sent a physical package in the mail, here in my country physical mail does NOT work! They take at least 6months to deliver something IF they even deliver. We are panicking because have no idea what they are requesting and have no idea how we will reply if it doesn't reach us! 

On the side note, anyone know how long it takes to get an answer once you send RFE's? (If it is something simple.. I'm pretty sure they are asking for a translation of my marriage certificate which I was stupid enough to not send)

Oh no. The marriage certificate must be translated into English. I'm not sure how long it takes after RFE received. But I do hope that the letter reaches you by mail quickly so that you can move forward in this process. Best of luck to you. 

Timeline
On 8/25/2017 at 9:03 PM, Iguanabat said:

so glad you finally got an answer, it can take a month or two or it can take a few weeks, but there really is no telling. Good luck and keep us posted. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 8/24/2017 at 8:48 AM, db2016 said:

Guys,

I finally got my NOA2 approval after 305 days of waiting. I am so happy. Good luck to anyone from October/November/December 2016 still waiting on their NOA2. It is so stressful and frustrating to wait. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.