Alexxx21

Official translator

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi guys, so I got an RFE because my birth certificate is not translated (actually it's in like 7 or 8 different languages, but I guess they didn't like it), so I have to translate it, anyone can give me ideas? Once I saw someone saying that there was a company which you would send the document online and they'd send it home for you (obviously after paying). I appreciate your help!

If you are fluent in both English and Spanish, you can easily translate it yourself. Just add a certification by translator:

Certification by Translator

I [typed name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and ________ languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled ______________________________.

Signature_________________________________
Date

Typed Name
Address

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

If you are fluent in both English and Spanish, you can easily translate it yourself. Just add a certification by translator:

Certification by Translator

I [typed name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and ________ languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled ______________________________.

Signature_________________________________
Date

Typed Name
Address

Really? Would it be that easy? Should I just type this on a paper and fill the gaps with my information, and send it together with the document they sent me?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

No don't do it yourself if you had rfe on that already except if you can translate well.   Hold on I will you their contact.  I used it and uscis never comment on it.  Few others used it as well.   When they finish translating,  you can choose to receive it by FedEx or email. I received mine via email attachment and printed it out.  You will receive both translated document and certification.  

Step 1: Translate your birth certificate and do it on something like Ms Word.

Step 2: At the end of the translation, add the paragraph for "Certification by Translator" as above.

Step 3: Print and sign. Voila!

Step 4: Create and print a cover letter for your RFE response. Attach the RFE notice plus the birth certificate translation to the cover letter and mail it back to USCIS a.s.a.p :)

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

Just now, Athens said:

No don't do it yourself if you had rfe on that already except if you can translate well.   Hold on I will you their contact.  I used it and uscis never comment on it.  Few others used it as well.   When they finish translating,  you can choose to receive it by FedEx or email. I received mine via email attachment and printed it out.  You will receive both translated document and certification.  

OP got a RFE because there was no translation attached to the I-129F. He/she can self translate if he/she is fluent in both English and Spanish as noted in my first post. Self translation will not cause a RFE if the person who translated it is fluent in both languages and can get the translation correctly. I self translated, so have many others and we did not get a RFE.

Timeline

The thing is that mine is translated, it's so frustating, it goes like this:

1. Estado: España

2. Registro Civil Madrid

3. Certificación del Acta de Nacimiento Nº blabla

4. Fecha y lugar de nacimiento

5. Bla bla then 6, 7...

And in the next page, which is stapled to that one it says:

1. (Among other languages) Country

2. (Among other languages) Civil Registry Office of Madrid

3. (Among other languages) Extract from Birth Registration nº bla bla

4. (Among other languages) Date and place of birth.

5. bla bla in English bla bla

So I don't understand why they're telling me to translate when it's already translated. I am gonna translated and send it back because I think it'll be useless to call and tell them, I'll just waste time..

Timeline

The choice is his,  meanwhile here is the info below:

contact@daytranslations.com

www.daytranslations.com

305-420-6375

Their certification use to be free because they had a promotion. I don't know if that is still on but their fee is affordable and the job is fast. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

OP got a RFE because there was no translation attached to the I-129F. He/she can self translate if he/she is fluent in both English and Spanish as noted in my first post. Self translation will not cause a RFE if the person who translated it is fluent in both languages and can get the translation correctly. I self translated, so have many others and we did not get a RFE.

Well he just said he translated it. For me I don't like taking chances when it comes to things I feel I can do and may not do it so well.  He can decide to try as do it by himself once more, contact day translation , or contact any other firm that can do the job very well at a low cost. 

10 minutes ago, Alexxx21 said:

The thing is that mine is translated, it's so frustating, it goes like this:

1. Estado: España

2. Registro Civil Madrid

3. Certificación del Acta de Nacimiento Nº blabla

4. Fecha y lugar de nacimiento

5. Bla bla then 6, 7...

And in the next page, which is stapled to that one it says:

1. (Among other languages) Country

2. (Among other languages) Civil Registry Office of Madrid

3. (Among other languages) Extract from Birth Registration nº bla bla

4. (Among other languages) Date and place of birth.

5. bla bla in English bla bla

So I don't understand why they're telling me to translate when it's already translated. I am gonna translated and send it back because I think it'll be useless to call and tell them, I'll just waste time..

What you submitted (the stapled page in particular) was not good enough. They want a full page or pages of translation in English completely :) On your document copy it says Estado: Espana and the adjudicator has to flip to the stapled page to see what it meant in English. A translation page should have directly read as Country: Spain.

If you are very confused and are not 100% certain that you can self translate then definitely take the other poster's suggestion to just use a translation service as shared by him/her. That would minimize any error or inaccuracy. 

But I must reiterate to other new members who are reading this post that self translation is allowed and accepted by the USCIS provided the person who translates the document is fluent in both English and the document's source language. A friend or family member who is fluent in both languages can also do the translation. It will not result in a RFE. Must remember to add the certification by translator.

Timeline

I am definitely fluent in both languages. The example I shared with you guys is the translation that Spain gives you when you ask for the birth certificate, I didn't translate it myself. I'll check with this company and I'll see how it goes, if I'm not confident I'll do it myself. Thank you all for your help!

1 minute ago, Athens said:

Well he just said he translated it. For me I don't like taking chances when it comes to things I feel I can do and may not do it so well.  He can decide to try as do it by himself once more, contact day translation , or contact any other firm that can do the job very well at a low cost. 

If you re-read the OP's original post, you will notice that he/she said nothing about having translated the document for their initial I-129F submission. What OP submitted was a copy of the civil document which came with extra stapled page explaining what's what. That is certainly not a translated copy of the document hence the RFE.

Sure I would agree with you if he/she translated the first time and then get a RFE so why risk it? Definitely better to use translation service. Same goes with if OP is not 100% sure on how to do the self translation as indicated in the subsequent post, then again, yes it is better to use translation service. 

Timeline

I just got a quote from this company and I think it's a reasonable price, but if I wanna get a physical copy from them it'd be double the price, so in that case it wouldn't be so interesting. So my question is, is it enough with the electronic copy they send? I just print it out and it's fine?

EDIT: they'd send a free certification too.

Edited by Alexxx21

Timeline

Yes.  I and two other people I introduced to day translation received it electronically.  You will have to print it out.  One of us got the GC already.  My status is now ready to be scheduled for interview and uscis never sent rfe for that.  

You already got an RFE, so I would suggest you to get an official translator and have it notarize. There should be some company in your country who does it and shouldnt be that expensive. Better be safe then getting another RFE

IR1 / Nebraska Service Center

07/31/2014 : Married 

02/15/2017: Sent I-130 

02/22/2017: NOA1

03/30/2017: NOA2 YAYYYyyyyy  36 days after NOA1.. Blessed  

04/19/2017: Email from NVC

04/19/2017: DS-261 unlocked

04/21/2017: AOS paid

04/25/2017: IV paid

06/14/2017: Sent AOS Package

06/21/2017: Scan date

08/23/2017: Case Complete (9 weeks)

08/24/2017: Received automatic checklist via email from NVC to bring proof of domicile during interview. Still waiting for Interview Appointment.

08/30/2017: Received email from NVC telling that they will be schedule interview.

09/06/2017: Received email from NVC regarding Interview Date

10/25/2017: Interview Date

09/14/2017: Emailed US Embassy to cancel our interview and postpone as wife is pregnant. USEM mentioned to contact them 3 weeks prior to intended date of appointment. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.