Wei Ling Hsu

How to cancel K1 visa?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Hi, I need some advises, thanksss

My fiancé sent the k1 file to USCIS in March.2017, but till now, We got nothing, no receipt and no case number. Now we want to cancel K1 visa so that could apply another visa to immigration to the U.S.

Is any possible to cancel this case? We already cancel the check number, is the correct way to cancel the visa in this situation? Thank you 

Filed: Country:
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Wei Ling Hsu said:

My fiancé sent the k1 file to USCIS in March.2017, but till now, We got nothing, no receipt and no case number. Now we want to cancel K1 visa so that could apply another visa to immigration to the U.S.

Is any possible to cancel this case? We already cancel the check number, is the correct way to cancel the visa in this situation? Thank you 

was the packet sent in?

the usc should get a receipt within a month of sending it in.

canceling the checks is pointless since they would have been cashed already.

just have the usc wrote a letter to uscis asking to cancel the petition.

what visa is being applied for now?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Did you ever follow up on your K1 packet??  Did you send it with tracking??  If so, (which should always be done when sending important and personal documentation) Was it received??  Did you check with the bank?  I assume if you put a stop payment on the check that means the bank told you it was never cashed.  Did you ever call USCIS to inquire whether or not the received your packet?  Did you inquire whether they sent a NOA1??

Your severly lacking follow through.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

If the USC have heard nothing at all (No NOA1) then it sounds like the package nerver was received (also since it sounds like check was never received). It is up to you guys to follow up on the. Did you not send the package with tracking?

What visa are you thinking of applying for instead?

2 hours ago, Wei Ling Hsu said:

Are you sure it was sent?  Did  he keep copies of everything?  I would go and resubmit the package with tracking this time.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Thank you for all of you to give me these suggestion.

Yes I sent the packet to PO Box 66051 Dallas. TX75266, and it shows they received the file,  also we made the phone calls, but they always told us."They got the files but no process". Everything I need to do is calling them again and again to ask the process and be more patient to wait, it said from the USCIS.

The truth is we received nothing (No NOA1、No receipt), of course no tracking number.

USCIS didn't cashed the check,that why we decided to cancel the check number.

I really don't know what happened to my k1 visa?:(  

For now we are going to apply CR1, so we are looking for the right way to cancel k1 visa,in case it will effect my  CR1 process.

If you have any advises,please do not hesitate  to let us know. Thank you 

8 minutes ago, Wei Ling Hsu said:

Thank you for all of you to give me these suggestion.

Yes I sent the packet to PO Box 66051 Dallas. TX75266, and it shows they received the file,  also we made the phone calls, but they always told us."They got the files but no process". Everything I need to do is calling them again and again to ask the process and be more patient to wait, it said from the USCIS.

The truth is we received nothing (No NOA1、No receipt), of course no tracking number.

USCIS didn't cashed the check,that why we decided to cancel the check number.

I really don't know what happened to my k1 visa?:(  

For now we are going to apply CR1, so we are looking for the right way to cancel k1 visa,in case it will effect my  CR1 process.

If you have any advises,please do not hesitate  to let us know. Thank you 

CR-1?  Are you now married?  The CR-1 actually takes much longer but at the end you will have your Green Card.  I believe the CR-1 takes 5 years.  If you are not married, I suggest refiling the K-1.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

14 minutes ago, jwlussow said:

CR-1?  Are you now married?  The CR-1 actually takes much longer but at the end you will have your Green Card.  I believe the CR-1 takes 5 years.  If you are not married, I suggest refiling the K-1.

The CR1 takes approximately 12-14 months

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

We are missing some info from the OP.  When CIS accepts a petition, the first thing they do is cash the check.  It doesn't sit 5 months. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 hours ago, Eric-Pris said:

We are missing some info from the OP.  When CIS accepts a petition, the first thing they do is cash the check.  It doesn't sit 5 months. 

Or they just completely misplaced it. I'd be tempted to call and ask for a tier 2 rep. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
8 hours ago, jwlussow said:

The CR-1 does not take 5 years! If you do everything correctly, and dont face any other unexpected delays,  you should be finished with the CR1 around a year's time. 

<3  Our K-1 Visa Journey <3

I-129f sent -- 2-18-2016        

NOA1 -- 2-24-2016

NOA2 -- 05-02-2016

NVC received -- 05-13-2016

NVC left -- 05-18-2016

Embassy received -- 5-22-2016

Interview Date -- 8-31-2016

Interview Result -- APPROVED!!!

AP -- (09-07-2016)

Visa Issued -- 9-08-2016

US Entry -- 09-24-2016

<3 MARRIAGE -- 10-21-2016 <3

AOS, EAD, AND AP Filed 01-05-2017

NOA1 -- 01-19-2017

Biometrics -- 02-06-2017

EAD and AP approved -- 05-19-2017

AOS approved -- 08-24-2017

Received card -- 09-01-2017

❤ Baby boy is here!! December 26th 2017 ❤

10 minutes ago, Meg&Andrew said:

The CR-1 does not take 5 years! If you do everything correctly, and dont face any other unexpected delays,  you should be finished with the CR1 around a year's time. 

I thought I heard that it takes that long because the Green Card gets issued before they can come to the US. I stand corrected. Thanks for the info. 

It it seems like the CR-1 is much quicker considering the actual timelines are within a couple months but with the CR-1 the Green Card is included cutting years off the process if you file K-1. Am I understanding that correctly?

Edited by jwlussow

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
1 minute ago, jwlussow said:

I thought I heard that it takes that long because the Green Card gets issued before they can come to the US. I stand corrected. Thanks for the info. 

It does take a bit longer due to the fact, but shouldn't take that long. Average processing times are 12 months. Everyone's case is different and some can take longer, some shorter. Definitely shouldn't take 5 years. 

<3  Our K-1 Visa Journey <3

I-129f sent -- 2-18-2016        

NOA1 -- 2-24-2016

NOA2 -- 05-02-2016

NVC received -- 05-13-2016

NVC left -- 05-18-2016

Embassy received -- 5-22-2016

Interview Date -- 8-31-2016

Interview Result -- APPROVED!!!

AP -- (09-07-2016)

Visa Issued -- 9-08-2016

US Entry -- 09-24-2016

<3 MARRIAGE -- 10-21-2016 <3

AOS, EAD, AND AP Filed 01-05-2017

NOA1 -- 01-19-2017

Biometrics -- 02-06-2017

EAD and AP approved -- 05-19-2017

AOS approved -- 08-24-2017

Received card -- 09-01-2017

❤ Baby boy is here!! December 26th 2017 ❤

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.