janet3

Scheduling an interview for k1 visa in Algeria

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

We are having difficulty scheduling an interview in Algiers. We have been told that we have to schedule through ustraveldocs.....but it continuously says there are no appointments available or we have looked at the site too many times and it blocks us.....

Are we supposed to be doing something different?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you! 

Janet

If you don't find any available slots with grayed out calendar, that just meant the slots for current month and September have all been taken. You'll need to check back frequently to see if someone cancels and you could take over their spot instead. Otherwise, you'd need to wait till end of August or first day of September to look for October slots. They only open up the next calendar month's slots 30 days out. 

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

If you don't find any available slots with grayed out calendar, that just meant the slots for current month and September have all been taken. You'll need to check back frequently to see if someone cancels and you could take over their spot instead. Otherwise, you'd need to wait till end of August or first day of September to look for October slots. They only open up the next calendar month's slots 30 days out. 

I appreciate the reply....but I haven't seen a calendar....it's just a generic response "no appointments available". Is there something I am doing wrong?

Have you registered for a UStraveldocs account at all? :) Here's a view of my local calendar. It should be this way as per the attachment.

UST appt page.jpg

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

Have you registered for a UStraveldocs account at all? :) Here's a view of my local calendar. It should be this way as per the attachment.

UST appt page.jpg

I have an account.....but I have never seen anything like that....

If you already have an account, make sure you have set up the profile with all the relevant information. After you have set that up, only then you'll be able to access the calendar view appointment page. Have you tried clicking on "New Application/Schedule Appointment" on the left side of the page. 

And if you have already done all that and you still get the same message, I think it really just means they don't have any slots at this present time. 

Alternatively, go tho this page http://www.ustraveldocs.com/dz/dz-main-contactus.asp#ContactInformation, scroll all the way down to contact a customer representative. You can check with them if there are really no slots and/or if they could help you schedule one because you run into the said problem.

2 minutes ago, janet3 said:

All I get is this....

IMG-20170821-WA0006-1-1.jpg

OK, then you have no choice but to try to contact the customer representative to see if they could assist you. Go to this page to obtain their contact details: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/dz/dz-main-contactus.asp#ContactInformation. Good luck and keep me posted :)

Timeline
5 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

OK, then you have no choice but to try to contact the customer representative to see if they could assist you. Go to this page to obtain their contact details: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/dz/dz-main-contactus.asp#ContactInformation. Good luck and keep me posted :)

Thank you! 

1 minute ago, janet3 said:

Thank you! 

Not a problem :D 

Timeline

here is what to do.

First, open your DS_160 and fill it and complete but donot submit it.

Second,open an account in  http://www.ustraveldocs.com/dz  and fill the basic information then it will lead you to the process how to book your appointement.

Third print the Aramax receipt and go to the closest aramax office to our place(Algiers,Oran,Hasi Massoud) and pay the visa Fees, in your case K1 fiance visa is 265 dollar.please make sure to not print the receipt twice as this will cause you a problem in scheduling your appointment

after you pay the visa fees, you have to wait 24 hours so your account will be activated and then you can proceed to book your appointment.

so basically this is the step I have been through with my fiancee when scheduling an appointment.I hope this will help you

the best luck

----------------------------------------------

Diversity is the Spice of life and I add ; translation is the mother of all sciences.

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Tawfik & Marzanna said:

here is what to do.

First, open your DS_160 and fill it and complete but donot submit it.

Second,open an account in  http://www.ustraveldocs.com/dz  and fill the basic information then it will lead you to the process how to book your appointement.

Third print the Aramax receipt and go to the closest aramax office to our place(Algiers,Oran,Hasi Massoud) and pay the visa Fees, in your case K1 fiance visa is 265 dollar.please make sure to not print the receipt twice as this will cause you a problem in scheduling your appointment

after you pay the visa fees, you have to wait 24 hours so your account will be activated and then you can proceed to book your appointment.

so basically this is the step I have been through with my fiancee when scheduling an appointment.I hope this will help you

the best luck

Thank you for all of your help!

• 4 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 2:37 PM, janet3 said:

Thank you for all of your help!

Hi, Any chance you can share your experience?

the issue I'm having is to schedule an interview at the U.S embassy in Algiers. to schedule medical they ask for interview date and when I go to schedule an interview I only see two spots open within the next 10 days. and it takes more than 10 days to complete the medical

any advise?

thanks

Timeline
23 hours ago, Karim3_22 said:

Hi, Any chance you can share your experience?

the issue I'm having is to schedule an interview at the U.S embassy in Algiers. to schedule medical they ask for interview date and when I go to schedule an interview I only see two spots open within the next 10 days. and it takes more than 10 days to complete the medical

any advise?

thanks

You are absolutely correct. The medical will take at least 10 days to get back. Appointments became available about 6 weeks after we started looking for an appointment  (we started looking for an appointment on August 17th and found an appointment on September 28th).

It is frustrating because the site blocks you if you check more than 3 times a day (and we emailed weekly to try to get a schedule). 

They will probably add more appointments to the site after the other appointments are past....

The only advice I have is to keep looking....

Edited by janet3
More information

2 hours ago, janet3 said:

You are absolutely correct. The medical will take at least 10 days to get back. Appointments became available about 6 weeks after we started looking for an appointment  (we started looking for an appointment on August 17th and found an appointment on September 28th).

It is frustrating because the site blocks you if you check more than 3 times a day (and we emailed weekly to try to get a schedule). 

They will probably add more appointments to the site after the other appointments are past....

The only advice I have is to keep looking....

Thank you, I just don't understand why AlAzhar clinic require the interview date to schedule the medical! Doesn't make a sense!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.