International Lov

Interview without sending the documents

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hello guys how you doing? 

So the other day we received a letter from the embassy (Madrid, Spain) to send them some documents (DS-160, Birth certificate, police records, etc) before we set an appointment. According to the person that is helping me, this is very weird because you usually fill the appointment and bring with you the documents that they need. To make a long story short we set the interview for August 31st. We have every document ready but we haven't send it to the consulate. Should I send a copy of every document and keep the original in case they don't make it on time? Should I send the original and keep the copies for the interview? Will the consulate cancel my appointment? 

Thank you for your time let me know if you can help me. 

You should not be taking advice off anyone who is not filing for the K1 in the same country as you are. Every country's embassy is very, very different. From what I have personally seen, in Spain you need to send these documents to the embassy.

Edit: @Estibaliz, perhaps you can help (hope you don't mind me tagging)

Edited by S*UK

K1 Visa

Spoiler

Met: January 2014
Filed K1: April 2017
I-129F received: 4/10/17
I-129F NOA1: 4/13/17
I-129F NOA2: 8/19/17

NVC received our case: 9/01/17

NVC assigned a case number: 9/01/17

Case Ready: 9/08/17

Visa Medical: 9/21/17

Visa Interview - Approved: 10/17/17

P.O.E: 11/20/17

AOS

Spoiler

Filed AOS,AP,EAD: 02/16/18

Case received: 02/21/18

Case NOA1: 02/26/18

RFIE: 03/14/18 (birth cert translation Eng:Eng) 

Interview: 06/25/2018

Green card issued: 07/11/2018

EAD/AP received: 07/16/2018

Green Card received: 07/18/2018

ROC

Packet mailed: 04/14/20

Packet received/NOA date: 04/17/20
NOA and extension received: never received 

Non-delivery notice sent: 5/17/20

NOA re-mailed: 5/19/20

2nd NOA received: 5/23/20

50 minutes ago, International Lov said:

Hello guys how you doing? 

So the other day we received a letter from the embassy (Madrid, Spain) to send them some documents (DS-160, Birth certificate, police records, etc) before we set an appointment. According to the person that is helping me, this is very weird because you usually fill the appointment and bring with you the documents that they need. To make a long story short we set the interview for August 31st. We have every document ready but we haven't send it to the consulate. Should I send a copy of every document and keep the original in case they don't make it on time? Should I send the original and keep the copies for the interview? Will the consulate cancel my appointment? 

Thank you for your time let me know if you can help me. 

just do what the embassy exactly tells you to do.

the embassy in Jordan does the same, asks people to send the documents in advance, i did it and sent all the ORIGINAL documents to the embassy.

Visa Class: IR-1.

Embassy: U.S embassy in Amman, Jordan.

Married: May 28, 2015.

Interview Date: Aug 17, 2017.

Interview Result: Approved.

VISA Received: Aug 21, 2017.

U.S Entry & Passport Stamp: Aug 25, 2017.

Permanent (Green) Card was produced: Oct 9, 2017.

Permanent (Green) Card was mailed to me: Oct 11, 2017.

Received My Social Security Card: Oct 29, 2017.

First Job in America: Dec 21, 2017.

Received Plastic Green Card in the mail (Permanent Resident Card): Mar 16, 2018.

N-400 Applied: May 28, 2020.

N-400 NOA: June 1, 2020.

Bio: June 19, 2021.

Interview: July 23, 2021.

Ceremony: Aug 13, 2021.

I'm finally a U.S Citizen now

Independence Day Usa GIF by CBS

Timeline

Thank you guys for your response, I know I should have done what it was said, I just received a bad advice. I will send the originals and see what happen.  @abe&kari, @S*UK

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
57 minutes ago, S*UK said:

You should not be taking advice off anyone who is not filing for the K1 in the same country as you are. Every country's embassy is very, very different. From what I have personally seen, in Spain you need to send these documents to the embassy.

Edit: @Estibaliz, perhaps you can help (hope you don't mind me tagging)

It's ok, but I had already given my two cents on the Marchies forum :)

And yet another case that explains why I go around telling everyone to do whatever your Embassy says, either on the website, checking with other people from your country or waiting till the packet 3 arrives. Because we all have good intentions here, but each case is different and what applies to one country doesn't for the other.

Hope OP and their OH get lucky here.

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Like one vj member said,  every country procedure differs but from what I read, discovered and did, during my time,  many k1 send back packet 3 and wait for packet 4 before appointment for interview. The essence of sending your documents before hand is to enable the embassy review and find you documentaryly qualified before your interview.  They sometimes make a positive decision.  It also make things more easy for you.  People from Spain can tell how long it takes before you can can hear back from them but I don't think that will happen before August 31.

Read the instructions carefully before sending originals, otherwise send copies and go to your interview with originals. This has always been their advise. Send originals if you have extra copies or if you can get new one easily and don't forget you will need some documents here for AOS

N/B: if you submit copies, during interview the embassy will take any original if required.  

Good luck. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Well, I receibed my P3 yesterday. 

I will follow the instructions, first send all the docs + copies, then medical, pay the fee and schedule the interview. 

Probably will take longer for me, but i dont want to take any risks.

Please let me know how goes!!!

Thanks!

Timeline

The webpage of the US embassy in Spain explains very clearly that you need to send all the required documents (original documents plus one copy and to not separate them) to the embassy BEFORE scheduling an interview. 

"While no specifics can be given at this time regarding the date and time of your visa interview appointment, you should now prepare for that appointment by taking the following steps. Please, be aware that you cannot schedule your appointment for the interview until you have completed all the steps in the first part"

FIRST

Obtain the following documents on this check list (even if they were previously submitted to DHS/USCIS or NVC)
which pertain to you. As you obtain each document, check the box before each item. Once you have assembled all documents pertaining to your case, please send them to us by standard or registered mail or courier service. Do not separate original and the copy. Please, put the paperwork in the following order"

https://es.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/260/2017/03/instructions_visa_applicants_0117.pdf

Buena suerte!

Edited by Maria Jose

Timeline

Hello, Im waiting for the package 3, my petition is in the embassy too. In the pdf that Maria Jose share it says that we have to complete the form DS-260, is that correct? I think is a mistake and will be DS-160.

Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
4 hours ago, Victorfmin66 said:

Hello, Im waiting for the package 3, my petition is in the embassy too. In the pdf that Maria Jose share it says that we have to complete the form DS-260, is that correct? I think is a mistake and will be DS-160.

Thank you!

I will suggest you wait for packet 3 and follow the instructions therein, it's meant for your case k1. And yes you should be completing DS160.  If you don't understand anything, ask, people from Spain and other vj members will assist you.  

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Very curious to know what happened, and if you could finally have the interview on August 31st :mellow:

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.