AldyBella

Alien Number

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Is there an alien number for my fiancee on the I797 form? starting the adjustment process and it asks to write the alien number behind the passport pics..any insight would be helpful. 

Your Alien Number can be found on the NOA2 of your approved I-129F :)

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
8 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

Your Alien Number can be found on the NOA2 of your approved I-129F :)

I didn't receive NOA2 because i filed in Ghana. I have NOA1, but the second correspondence was just a letter from the us embassy in ghana. No alien number on it. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
18 minutes ago, AldyBella said:

Is there an alien number for my fiancee on the I797 form? starting the adjustment process and it asks to write the alien number behind the passport pics..any insight would be helpful. 

Yes.  On the NOA2 letter there is a "Beneficiary" box and an "A" with numbers after it.  That is your fiance's Alien number.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 minute ago, AldyBella said:

I didn't receive NOA2 because i filed in Ghana. I have NOA1, but the second correspondence was just a letter from the us embassy in ghana. No alien number on it.

Call USCIS?  Explain your situation and ask for alien number.

15 minutes ago, AldyBella said:

The NOA2 should have been sent to your petitioner's US address. If I was the US petitioner, I'd submit an e-Request first (https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDNForm.do) so that it is noted on the USCIS system. Thereafter, I'd call to ask to speak to a Tier 2 officer to attempt to obtain the A-number. 

Edited by KULtoATL

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 20/8/2017 at 9:51 PM, KULtoATL said:

The NOA2 should have been sent to your petitioner's US address. If I was the US petitioner, I'd submit an e-Request first (https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDNForm.do) so that it is noted on the USCIS system. Thereafter, I'd call to ask to speak to a Tier 2 officer to attempt to obtain the A-number. 

I too, am the petitioner living abroad (with crappy mail service)  and have not received the NOA2 in the mail. I tried to access the link you gave, but it won't let me make any selection....grrrrrr. When I called USCIS, (they refused a 2nd tier more than 3 times) they said they will not send any duplicate approvals. How about that for all the $$ we spend on this process :(

6 hours ago, tab0712 said:

I too, am the petitioner living abroad (with crappy mail service)  and have not received the NOA2 in the mail. I tried to access the link you gave, but it won't let me make any selection....grrrrrr. When I called USCIS, (they refused a 2nd tier more than 3 times) they said they will not send any duplicate approvals. How about that for all the $$ we spend on this process :(

It is well within your right to speak to a Tier 2 and to ask USCIS to resend you a missing notice. If you could, try to call again at a different time until you get a helpful officer, both Tier 1 and Tier 2.

On the other hand, you can e-mail CSC directly here csc-ncsc-followup@uscis.dhs.gov. Hope you'll get some resolution for your issue.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 hours ago, KULtoATL said:

It is well within your right to speak to a Tier 2 and to ask USCIS to resend you a missing notice. If you could, try to call again at a different time until you get a helpful officer, both Tier 1 and Tier 2.

On the other hand, you can e-mail CSC directly here csc-ncsc-followup@uscis.dhs.gov. Hope you'll get some resolution for your issue.

I'm gonna email that address now and see what happens.  Thank you. I'll call the USCIS once I'm in the states as it's not so easy here for me to do over and over.

1 minute ago, tab0712 said:

I'm gonna email that address now and see what happens.  Thank you. I'll call the USCIS once I'm in the states as it's not so easy here for me to do over and over.

Yes, go do that :) They will reply. And definitely try to call again when you're stateside bound. Don't let some of the silly officers bully you. 

Btw, I am not sure if you gave them a foreign address to mail you the NOA. If you did, perhaps while you e-mail them, give them a US mailing address instead and tell them to mail a new copy of NOA to that address.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you and sorry for all the problems :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.