Kush_Omaded

Explanation of Education Helpful?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hello all,

I'm preparing to start the K-1 process by sending off my 129F and supporting documents to USCIS. However, given the current political climate towards immigration (i.e. current administration supporting legislation to only admit the "most qualified" of individuals into the US), as well as the fact that we're applying through a difficult consulate (Kabul), I was considering adding one additional supporting document to the rest of my paperwork: essentially a page-long cover letter for my fiance, explaining that he'd be a vital contribution to the American workforce, due to his skills in the IT field and his fluency in English. Obviously he's coming to the U.S. because we're very excited to be married, but would it be an extra boost if the immigration officials could see that he'd have no problem contributing meaningfully to the U.S. workforce upon his arrival? Or would that just seem like he's coming for the wrong reasons (to work instead of for marriage)? Anybody else have experience submitting similar documents to show that the beneficiary would be successful upon arrival in the States?

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

USCIS doesn't care about his skills or ability to work, they only want to know that he is able to marry you and that you both met in person within the past 2 years, so personally I wouldn't included that in the I-129F package. 

However, it might be a useful document for him to bring to the interview once you get to that step, but like you said, you don't want to make it seem like he is coming to the US to work, rather you want to prove that he is coming to marry you. :)

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

That probably would not have any bearing on your case approval. I-129F/K-1 is about a bonafide relationship regardless of his skills and language proficiency. Just my .02.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

yes, his skills would make a difference.CO would rather prefer an educated man/woman then someone who is without any form of education, higher education means higher integrity.yet the interview and how you answer the questions would also plays a role to deciding our case.

----------------------------------------------

Diversity is the Spice of life and I add ; translation is the mother of all sciences.

Do not worry about it. That new "proposal" (it has not been passed as a law yet) is not aimed towards those who are traveling to the US via spousal or fiance visa. It is aimed towards those who wants to petition their siblings, parents or older kids. 

Also, the visa you are filing for only requires you guys to prove that the relationship is legit and that the purpose of the visa will be fulfilled starting from the time you have stepped in the US soil. It has nothing to do with what you can offer to the US career-wise.  

The way you carry yourself and how you answer the consul's questions on the date of the interview also plays a huge role in the visa approval.

Good luck! 

K1 Visa Timeline (4 months / September 2016 to January 2017):

Timeline: Sept 23, 2016 (filing) to January 30, 2017 (visa on hand)
Our K1 Visa Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/04/21/k1-visa-process/

AOS Timeline (4 months / April 2017 to August 2017):

Timeline:  April 11, 2017 (filing) to August 28, 2017 (approved)

(September 14, 2017 - Greencard on Hand!  - late due to Hurricane Irma)
Our AOS Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/05/13/adjustment-of-status-greencard-application/

ROC Timeline (7 months / June 2019 to January 2020)

Timeline:  June 11, 2019 (filing) to January 29, 2020  (Card Mailed to Me)

Our ROC Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2019/06/07/removal-of-conditions-process/

N400 Timeline (3 months 3 weeks / August 7, 2020 -December 4, 2020)
August 7, 2020 - Filed Online

August 10, 2020 - NOA1 uploaded by USCIS in my account / Estimated Tiime of Completion updated as well (Feb 2021)

August 15, 2020 - Received NOA(hardcopy)

Sept 14, 2020 - Biometric Reuse

October 20, 2020 - Interview Has Been Scheduled

November 23, 2020 - Interview Date - Approved!

December 4, 2020 - OATH TAKING CEREMONY
Our N400 Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2020/08/08/filing-n400-path-to-citizenship/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.