DJ&L

Adjudication of ROC and Naturalization together

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Has anyone actually had their ROC and N-400 adjudicated at the same time?  I've seen people say they've been told it will happen...but does it actually happen that way?

My wife's ROC is now 14 months old (June 20, 2016) and her N-400 was filed in June 2017.

We had an Infopass appointment today to get a stamp in her passport since her one year extension expires on September 12th, 2017.  In the course of the conversation, we were told that her N-400 would be adjudicated before the I-751.  I find it hard to believe that they will simply let the ROC linger until Jan or Feb of next year while the N-400 proceeds.

USCIS / VSC
3/08/2013: Sent I-129F to Dallas Lockbox
3/12/2013: NOA1 Issued
3/15/2013: NOA1 Received (VCS)

7/10/2013: Transferred to TCS

7/25/2013: RFE

7/31/2013: RFE Response Received
8/07/2013: NOA2

NVC

8/16/2013: Sent to NVC
8/21/2013: NVC received
8/26/2013: Case number

US Consulate Guangzhou

8/28/2013: P3
9/14/2013: P3 Sent
9/16/2013: P3 received by GUZ

9/24/2013: P4 received via email

10/22/2013: Interview - Approved

10/24/2013: Visa Issued

10/30/2013: Passport available for pickup.

USCIS California

6/17/2016 I-751 Sent

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Yes. VJer Harmonia had a concurrent I-751/N-400 interview last year. Check her posting on this:

Then we have also seen a case USCIS conducted a N400 interview but did not approve it because the I-751 was still pending. VJer Sam_111 updated his case saying hew was told his I-751 was later approved; without an interview.

• 11 months later...
On 8/17/2017 at 12:39 PM, DJ&L said:

Has anyone actually had their ROC and N-400 adjudicated at the same time?  I've seen people say they've been told it will happen...but does it actually happen that way?

My wife's ROC is now 14 months old (June 20, 2016) and her N-400 was filed in June 2017.

We had an Infopass appointment today to get a stamp in her passport since her one year extension expires on September 12th, 2017.  In the course of the conversation, we were told that her N-400 would be adjudicated before the I-751.  I find it hard to believe that they will simply let the ROC linger until Jan or Feb of next year while the N-400 proceeds.

Hello ,

i am in the same case with same dates pretty much ... any updates so far ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.