Charlesvb12

2nd K1 Inquiry, same answer!!

13 posts in this topic

Hey whats up guys, I am a January Filer.. Jan 17th to be exact. I have still not received my NOA2 nor have I received an RFE up to this point. My case was transferred from CSC to Nebraska on May 25th, that is the only time my case has been touched. Unfortunately Ive called numerous times to try and get an answer why my case was transferred but nobody ever gave me a real answer other than for processing reasons. so I sent out a inquiry in June when my case was outside of processing time and get the same generic answer. 

"U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records show your case is in line to be reviewed by an officer. We ask that you allow additional time for this process to take place since we process these cases in the order received. If after 60 days you have not received anything in the mail, please contact the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at the number provided below."
 I called on July 17th and a tier 2 officer said it is bizarre you are outside of processing time and said he would put another inquiry for me, which he did. It has been 30 days and unfortunately I got the same generic answer.  
"U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records show your case is in line to be reviewed by an officer. We ask that you allow additional time for this process to take place since we process these cases in the order received. If after 60 days you have not received anything in the mail, please contact the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at the number provided below."
   I am really getting depressed about this, I havent heard of any transfers and dont understand why they cant give me something why its taking so long or why it got transferred. I feel like by now I should have gotten an RFE or even an Inquiry back saying its on a security hold or anything other than this generic none informative answer. I will call on September 4th as that will be 60 days from the first Inquiry but im asking if anyone has had a similar problem or wait if they could share there experience or thoughts. Remember I haven't even received an RFE yet, just a case transfer to Nebraska. Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Might be time to get Congressman or Senator involved.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
9 minutes ago, missileman said:

Might be time to get Congressman or Senator involved.

Agreed completely. They need some outside pressure to at least find out WHY it is taking so long. 

Steps Before Citizenship:

Spoiler

K-1

09/24/2016 - I-129F Packet Submitted, 09/26/2016 - NOA1, 10/27/2016 - RFE Received

11/02/2016 - RFE Reply sent

11/09/2016 - NOA2

11/21/2016 - NVC Receives packet

12/12/2016 - Case left NVC for BKK Consulate

01/10/2017 - After travelling via the slowest route possible (likely via carrier pigeon) BKK Consulate receives packet

01/16/2017 - Packet 3 Instructions received 02/28/2017 - Packet 3 Instructions Completed

03/05/2017 - Packet 4 received (now the fun begins) --> 03/29/2017 - Interview disappears from the schedule on the embassy website -->03/30/2017 - She goes to her interview, is told they need to verify her documents since she is Vietnamese interviewing in Thailand, receives a 221G with 'Verification of Viet documents' as the reason. Gave back her passport.-->03/31/2017-04/04/2017 - Case is being continuously touched. We suspect that our case was approved at this point but they didn't have her passport. --> 04/10/2017 (10 days after interview) - Email emabssy to inquire about updates and if there was anything we could do to move things forward. (3h later) - She is told that she is approved and to expect her passport soon (how when they don't have it in their posession?) After clarification, instructed to send our passport to them. Ship out passport in a rush to beat Songkran (which failed) --> 04/11/2017 - Passport at embassy according to Thai Post Office --> 04/17/2017 - Emailed to confirm they received the passport. They issued an evasive answer about Songkran backlog (they love evasive non-committal answers)--> 04/24/2017  Evening - Case changes from Immigrant Visa to Non-Immigrant Visa and a new case created date is given --? 04/25/2017 morning  (less than 12h later) - Case flies through Ready -->Admin Processing --> Issued

04/26/2017 - Checks mail, passport is there. No mention of it being mailed out. 

05/02/2017 - Arrives in the USA, without Issue

06/17/2017 - Marriage!

AOS

7/01/17- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

7/03/17- Packet received

07/07/17 - SMS and Email notification of NOA1 for AoS, EAD, and AP

07/13/17 - Received paper copies of NOA1 for AoS, EAD, and AP

07/21/17 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

08/02/17 - Biometrics Appointment Completed 

11/04/17 - EAD Approved - New Card Is Ready For Production

11/09/17 - AP Approved, EAD - Card Produced Awaiting Mailing, EAD - Card Has Been Mailed.

11/13/17 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received. 

11/05/2018 - Received SMS Notification that Interview Has Been Scheduled

11/10/2018 - Received Paper Interview Notice

12/11/2018 - Interview Date
12/12/2018 - Approved

ROC

11/18/2020 - Mailed ROC packet

11/20/2020 - Packet received

01/16/2021 - Received NOA1 

05/28/2021 - Biometrics Waived

08/04/2021 - ROC Approved

08/11/2021 - GC received

Citizenship

09/15/2021 - N-400 Filed Electronically, NOA-1 received, Biometrics Waiver Received

07/01/2022 - Interview Notice Received
08/10/2022 - Interview Date, Approved, Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 hour ago, Charlesvb12 said:

Hey whats up guys, I am a January Filer.. Jan 17th to be exact. I have still not received my NOA2 nor have I received an RFE up to this point. My case was transferred from CSC to Nebraska on May 25th, that is the only time my case has been touched. Unfortunately Ive called numerous times to try and get an answer why my case was transferred but nobody ever gave me a real answer other than for processing reasons. so I sent out a inquiry in June when my case was outside of processing time and get the same generic answer. 

I called on July 17th and a tier 2 officer said it is bizarre you are outside of processing time and said he would put another inquiry for me, which he did. It has been 30 days and unfortunately I got the same generic answer.  
   I am really getting depressed about this, I havent heard of any transfers and dont understand why they cant give me something why its taking so long or why it got transferred. I feel like by now I should have gotten an RFE or even an Inquiry back saying its on a security hold or anything other than this generic none informative answer. I will call on September 4th as that will be 60 days from the first Inquiry but im asking if anyone has had a similar problem or wait if they could share there experience or thoughts. Remember I haven't even received an RFE yet, just a case transfer to Nebraska. Thank you!

This happened to me, I am a 12/9 filer and only got approved 2 weeks ago. You might get something that says you are on a processing hold until they clear your security checks. I have my congressman's office involved and my lawyer submitted 2 inquiries, my congressman's office submitted 2 as well. It was hell waiting for that NOA2, but I def recommend getting your Senator or Reps office to submit an inquiry for you because they have different contacts than the immigration officers/tier 2 rep we speak to over the phone.

9 minutes ago, db2016 said:

This happened to me, I am a 12/9 filer and only got approved 2 weeks ago. You might get something that says you are on a processing hold until they clear your security checks. I have my congressman's office involved and my lawyer submitted 2 inquiries, my congressman's office submitted 2 as well. It was hell waiting for that NOA2, but I def recommend getting your Senator or Reps office to submit an inquiry for you because they have different contacts than the immigration officers/tier 2 rep we speak to over the phone.

Ok thank you, I will contact my local congressmen today... The only thing that has me confused like you said yours got an inquiry back about being in security checks.. I've filed 2 inquirys and neither has mentioned that nor has a tier 2 told me that as I have asked before. Just its here in line to be processed, no red flags that I see. But I dont see how it could be sitting around that long its clearly not in line to be processed or it would have already.  Did  you feel getting congress involved helped? Did they give them any different type of response that you didnt get on your own?

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Charlesvb12 said:

Ok thank you, I will contact my local congressmen today... The only thing that has me confused like you said yours got an inquiry back about being in security checks.. I've filed 2 inquirys and neither has mentioned that nor has a tier 2 told me that as I have asked before. Just its here in line to be processed, no red flags that I see. But I dont see how it could be sitting around that long its clearly not in line to be processed or it would have already.  Did  you feel getting congress involved helped? Did they give them any different type of response that you didnt get on your own?

Oh no to be clear we got that answer about processing hold after several inquiries, 2-3 to be exact....

Idk if the congressional office helped or not but I reached a point that I was willing to try everything and anything. One time I called USCIS to speak to tier 2 officer and he hung up on my face after I asked to speak to someone else because he was very rude to me. 

I waited 8 months for my NOA2. 

7 minutes ago, db2016 said:

Oh no to be clear we got that answer about processing hold after several inquiries, 2-3 to be exact....

Idk if the congressional office helped or not but I reached a point that I was willing to try everything and anything. One time I called USCIS to speak to tier 2 officer and he hung up on my face after I asked to speak to someone else because he was very rude to me. 

I waited 8 months for my NOA2. 

Ok thank you, I just called I will be getting a form from Congressmen tomorrow to sign to speak on my behalf.. I am on month 7 exactly today.. Just hoping for answers soon. If you dont mind me asking, why do you think your case was on security holds?

Timeline
Just now, Charlesvb12 said:

Ok thank you, I just called I will be getting a form from Congressmen tomorrow to sign to speak on my behalf.. I am on month 7 exactly today.. Just hoping for answers soon. If you dont mind me asking, why do you think your case was on security holds?

I wish I knew, it might be because my fiance and I are both ethnically from the Middle East, though I am an American citizen, it seems security has been much tighter with any immigration coming out of the region. But I have seen others who were on processing holds due to security checks from all backgrounds, so there is really no way of knowing unfortunately. I think the checks they do in the US are on the petitioner not the beneficiary. 

My question is, why was the case transferred to Nebraska?  I thought all K-1 Visas went through California. 

1 hour ago, Diane and Chris said:

My question is, why was the case transferred to Nebraska?  I thought all K-1 Visas went through California. 

I wish I knew the answer. The letter I received gave me no info why, this is what it read "we have completed a preliminary review of the application or petition ("your case") listed above. As part of standard processing, we transferred your case to the uscis office listed below that has jurisdiction over your case. That office will notify you in writing when they make a decision on your case or need more info." that was may 25th and I have submitted two inquiries since, have spoken too tier 2 officers more than i count and nobody gives me an answer why or whats going on. Just your case is in line to be processed, some say it got transferred for processing time which is clearly B.S. cause im way outside of processing time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Are you or your fiance(e)s "names" on a no fly list that you are aware of?

Do you have any criminal record?

These are 2 items that could trigger a transfer.

I've seen several cases transferred to Vermont for additional checks but never to NCS although that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Let me scour Igor's data base and see if I can find anything.

In the mean time 100% time for congressional involvement like 2 months ago.

Steven

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok there is only ONE other I-129F that was transferred to Nebraska this year and wouldn't you know it they are also for a Brazil beneficiary.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/profile/244973-cwcd75/

I would contact them and see if they can shed some light on your situation.

They got the NOA 2 after 4 long months.

Steven

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.