buknay

K-1 visa application high-approval percentage

14 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

Good day!

My fiancee and I were starting up to file his K-1 visa petition for me. 

I'am currently residing and working here in Dubai, UAE.

Any kind suggestions where to apply for our petition with the most highly petition cases of getting an approved visa?

is it better to file while Im here in UAE  or better in Manila, Philippines? 

Everyone's suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards.

If you're living and working in UAE legally, it's easier to just finish the process there. Now if you're moving back to the Philippines soon, it could be a good choice and they have a pretty high approval for K-1s. I'm sure others have different opinions for you to consider.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

@KULtoATL

Thank you so much for the quick response.

Well uhm I'm just looking for a more positive side to have an approved application here in UAE due to the strict US immigration terms and policies 

they imply at their Manila Hub in the Philippines.

Just to add up during my younger years, I had a trauma way back then because our family had tried to get a tourist visa but unluckily got denied.

I hope now with my future husband to be the scenario would be a more different. Approved :)

5 minutes ago, buknay said:

@KULtoATL

Thank you so much for the quick response.

Well uhm I'm just looking for a more positive side to have an approved application here in UAE due to the strict US immigration terms and policies 

they imply at their Manila Hub in the Philippines.

Just to add up during my younger years, I had a trauma way back then because our family had tried to get a tourist visa but unluckily got denied.

I hope now with my future husband to be the scenario would be a more different. Approved :)

I've had negative experience with my local embassy too when applying for B2. However, K-1 is dealt with differently because you've shown immigration intent and doing things the legal way :)

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

There is never, anywhere, at any embassy or consulate, a guaranteed approval. It's all based on your case, sufficient proof, and a genuine relationship.

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

Interview wherever you will live at the time of the interview. It starts to look suspicious if somebody is traveling abroad just to interview. If the relationship is real, then you should be fine at either embassy.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

I agree that moving around may be suspicious. When you do start the process, I recommend being in one place and not moving until the process is over. Either stay where you are and file or move then file. I understand a change of address can really make things difficult. Also, If you think you would want as much information through the whole process and would want to converse with others in the same situation, then Philippians has a lot of applicants for this visa and therefore lots of information of the whole process. 

Good luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

My husband is Filipino, but lived in Saudi at the time of our k1 visa journey. He was a Philippines citizen just working in Saudi. We did our entire case through the Saudi embassy. We had a couple of delays, but none of which had anything to do with him filing from another country. Good luck in your process! 

<3  Our K-1 Visa Journey <3

I-129f sent -- 2-18-2016        

NOA1 -- 2-24-2016

NOA2 -- 05-02-2016

NVC received -- 05-13-2016

NVC left -- 05-18-2016

Embassy received -- 5-22-2016

Interview Date -- 8-31-2016

Interview Result -- APPROVED!!!

AP -- (09-07-2016)

Visa Issued -- 9-08-2016

US Entry -- 09-24-2016

<3 MARRIAGE -- 10-21-2016 <3

AOS, EAD, AND AP Filed 01-05-2017

NOA1 -- 01-19-2017

Biometrics -- 02-06-2017

EAD and AP approved -- 05-19-2017

AOS approved -- 08-24-2017

Received card -- 09-01-2017

❤ Baby boy is here!! December 26th 2017 ❤

23 hours ago, KULtoATL said:

I've had negative experience with my local embassy too when applying for B2.

Getting denied will lead to a negative experience.  But something like 95% of the people who apply are denied.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Yep I also had a negative experience with a B, happens.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Thanking everyone for all the lovely ideas you have shared with me.

Apparently, does anyone from you guys came here from Dubai and processed the same K-1 visa petition in here? 

Looking for more information regarding the whole procedure and most esp. with the medical examination process for I have to check which hospital to contact with for further details and fees.

Looking forward to hearing for kind feed backs.

Best Regards.

21 hours ago, buknay said:

Apparently, does anyone from you guys came here from Dubai and processed the same K-1 visa petition in here? 

Looking for more information regarding the whole procedure and most esp. with the medical examination process for I have to check which hospital to contact with for further details and fees.

Best Regards.

hello - i just finished with mine. and i know several other people who are undergoing the process right now. i can connect you to them if you'd like.

here is a detailed review of my medical - hope this helps you.

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 8/19/2017 at 4:31 AM, buknay said:

Best Regards.

You might want to check the forums here..  http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/97-middle-east-and-north-africa/

Good luck to you.

download.jpgdownload.pngVJ.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.