14 posts in this topic

Hello guys!!

I need your help.

I actually received my visa just now. I thought everything is all good until I read the CFO seminar.

I am leaving next week and when I check the schedule its full!

I dont know what I am going to do now. My visa will expire in Sept 1. Will leave on the 25th!

My fiance and I are not fully aware of this!!

any cases that they allowed you to join a meeting because its emergency or youre not aware? Please help!!!

please please!!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Have you tried calling the CFO? It is crazy, I don't know why the Philippines would require its people to do that silly thing. Honestly, I am not sure its very effective. Sadly, you can't leave without going through it because NAIA people will check your passport for the certificate and sticker that will be given to you at the seminar.

Not yet 😞 I will try to call tomorrow. Its weird that I havent heard about this process until I received my visa. Nobody told me about it, St. Lukes or even the embassy nobody told me. Lucky for those who heard about it. But I hope I hear a good news tomorrow.

Still checking whether anyone has been granted an emergency seminar? I dont want to pay another medical. I underwent sputum tests and culture. Its gonna take another while and another visa with another expiration please help guys

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

How is the visa expiring if you just got it in your hand just now?

US embassy and Medical at St. Lukes did not tell you because they are USA process and have nothing to do with what your country requires

It is correct NAIA will not let you leave without the stamp.

They do it for your supposed protection.

The seminar deals with your rights as a person in the USA and tells you how to find or call for help if you have problems there in USA.

The CFO are not required to give it to you on first try either. It is up to them even after the seminar.

You have to be tough with them during the seminar one on one counseling  and have no doubts about your relationship or they will refuse to issue.

You can always go back though and eventually they will give it to you.

There are offices in Cebu and Manila so you can check the schedule for both of those places.

Also you could just visit the local office and tell them you need emergency because you did not know about it.

No promise they will let you though.

I'm curious how you had no info about CFO. Did you never read a visa forum or even talk to a friend or relative who went through this process?

good luck there

Edited by LabOz

Timeline

Just read about this in the Philippines thread.

There was one poster where they already booked a ticket and did not complete the CFO. They ended up cancelling their ticket and original plans so they can attend the next available CFO meeting.

There was another poster where they had to wait 4 months until the next available seminar.

From my speculations, I believe you will have to reschedule your plans, but I hope I'm wrong and you can find a way to attend the CFO seminar

K-1 Visa Timeline @ California Service Center  

03/19/17: Proposed @ Philippines  

03/28/17: Mailed I-129F Application via USPS Priority Mail to Texas Lockbox

04/03/17: Application was received

04/06/17: NOA1 Issued | Check cashed date

04/14/17: NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/04/17: NOA2 (126 days from NOA1)

08/10/17: NOA2 Hardcopy Received

08/17/17: NVC Received Case

08/18/17: MNL Case # Assigned

09/05-06/17: St Lukes Medical

09/12/17: US Embassy Interview

09/18/17: Received Passport with Visa

XX/XX/17: CFO Seminar

11/26/17: POE

12/16/17: Married in Los Angeles

----------------------------------------------------------

AOS Timeline

05/12/18: Mailed AOS, AP, EAD via USPS Priority Mail to Chicago PO Box  

05/20/18: NOA1 Text Message

05/25/18: Received NOA1 Letters

06/02/18: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

06/02/18: Received RFE #1

06/13/18: Biometrics Appointment @ Los Angeles 

07/11/18: Called to Expedite EAD due to financial loss

07/24/18: Received EAD Expedite Letter with it dated on 07/14/18

08/01/18: Successfully faxed EAD Expedite Documents to Fax # (Tried faxing for 5 days)

08/10/18: Replied and mailed RFE #1

08/14/18: Mailed letter to Senator Dianne Feinstein regarding Expedited EAD

10/22/18: Received EAD/AP Combo Card

07/17/19: Received Text Message that case was scheduled for interview

07/21/19: Received Letter for Appointment Date/Time

08/21/19: Interview @ SLC USCIS and approved. Later that night, received notification that card is being produced.

08/22/19: Received email that card is being mailed.

Timeline
1 minute ago, asaeljethro said:

Just read about this in the Philippines thread.

There was one poster where they already booked a ticket and did not complete the CFO. They ended up cancelling their ticket and original plans so they can attend the next available CFO meeting.

There was another poster where they had to wait 4 months until the next available seminar.

From my speculations, I believe you will have to reschedule your plans, but I hope I'm wrong and you can find a way to attend the CFO seminar

I hope to God they are not 4 months behind in available CFO slots.

Must have been an odd situation.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, LabOz said:

I hope to God they are not 4 months behind in available CFO slots.

Must have been an odd situation.

Just checked right now by trying to "book"

Next available appointment for CFO is Sept6.

but yeah I think that poster experienced an odd situation.

K-1 Visa Timeline @ California Service Center  

03/19/17: Proposed @ Philippines  

03/28/17: Mailed I-129F Application via USPS Priority Mail to Texas Lockbox

04/03/17: Application was received

04/06/17: NOA1 Issued | Check cashed date

04/14/17: NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/04/17: NOA2 (126 days from NOA1)

08/10/17: NOA2 Hardcopy Received

08/17/17: NVC Received Case

08/18/17: MNL Case # Assigned

09/05-06/17: St Lukes Medical

09/12/17: US Embassy Interview

09/18/17: Received Passport with Visa

XX/XX/17: CFO Seminar

11/26/17: POE

12/16/17: Married in Los Angeles

----------------------------------------------------------

AOS Timeline

05/12/18: Mailed AOS, AP, EAD via USPS Priority Mail to Chicago PO Box  

05/20/18: NOA1 Text Message

05/25/18: Received NOA1 Letters

06/02/18: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

06/02/18: Received RFE #1

06/13/18: Biometrics Appointment @ Los Angeles 

07/11/18: Called to Expedite EAD due to financial loss

07/24/18: Received EAD Expedite Letter with it dated on 07/14/18

08/01/18: Successfully faxed EAD Expedite Documents to Fax # (Tried faxing for 5 days)

08/10/18: Replied and mailed RFE #1

08/14/18: Mailed letter to Senator Dianne Feinstein regarding Expedited EAD

10/22/18: Received EAD/AP Combo Card

07/17/19: Received Text Message that case was scheduled for interview

07/21/19: Received Letter for Appointment Date/Time

08/21/19: Interview @ SLC USCIS and approved. Later that night, received notification that card is being produced.

08/22/19: Received email that card is being mailed.

Hey guys!

Yes I really dint know about it.

I do read blogs and forums and its odd that i didnt see or read anything about it.

My visa is expiring in Sept., im bound to US, did medical in March but I had to undergo sputum culture. I had my result in June. Scheduled my interview in July but missed my interview so I had to schedule it in August. I recently got my visa and theres a note in the packet to do CFO.

ugh

Edited by Babylee0017hehe

23 minutes ago, Babylee0017hehe said:

Hey guys!

Yes I really dint know about it.

I do read blogs and forums and its odd that i didnt see or read anything about it.

My visa is expiring in Sept., im bound to US, did medical in March but I had to undergo sputum culture. I had my result in June. Scheduled my interview in July but missed my interview so I had to schedule it in August. I recently got my visa and theres a note in the packet to do CFO.

ugh

6 hours ago, Babylee0017hehe said:

I am not aware for the CFO seminar here in the Philippines I am leaving next week and visa is expiring too. I checked the manila schedule but its full.

Is there any way that I can be exempted from scheduling it or join people on the seminar?

please help

No, you can not be exempted from the Seminar because it is mandatory under Philippine law. You can check and see if they have a open spot in Cebu and fly there. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Babylee0017hehe said:

Is that the only option?

as @asaeljethro mentioned there is one available Sept 6th. I assume he looked at manila. You could look at Cebu or as I said contact the closest CFO in person and ask if they have urgent or expedite it certainly can't hurt. Worst they can say is NO.

What does your Fiance petitioner say about the situation?

Timeline
2 hours ago, Babylee0017hehe said:

I called them already. Hopefully I get a call today since its holiday on Monday 😞

unless you are hundreds of miles away I would just GO there instead of waiting for a call back.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.