DorothyLa

Can't verify myself on save case check and driver's permit hard copy takes so long

29 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi, i came here with k1 visa and got married applied for aos and ead. Got my ead a month ago. I can't get my drivers license because before i get my ead, i went to dmv and try to get driver's permit. They said they will send the appilcation to tallahassee dmv and tallahassee dmv will mail the hard copy to me. They printed a driver's permit paper to me for 60 days. 4 months passed and i didn't get any hard card of my drivers permit. After i got my ead i went to dmv and told them i try to get driver's permit but i didn't get any hard card and now i want a drivers license. They told me they can't do that, i need hard copy of drivers permit and i should come back and take the driving test. 

Well, it has been 3 weeks since they resend the application for my drivers permit to tallahassee, I tried to check my status on save case check, it gives me this "No cases found that match the search criteria.". I called uscis talked with a tier 2 person he told me save check is a federal something and only dmv can call them. I went to dmv today they told me they don't know save case check. They called tallahassee and they said my case is pending and i can't do anything about it except waiting. 

I thought i can get my drivers permit instantly printed on dmv with my save case check verification. But i can't verify myself on save case check anyways... 

I don't know what to do. I need my drivers license so badly. There is no busses around and i need to go to work and come back. Soon, there will be nobody to take me to work. I am so desperate. 

Edited by DorothyLa
AOS, EAD
Spoiler

Sent (i-485, i-765) : 4 March '17

Received: 6 March '17

Noa1: 22 March '17

Hardcopy received: 25 March '17

I-485 RFIE: 29 March '17

RFIE response received: 19 April '17

Biometrics: 20 April '17

Service Request: 12 June '17 (100 days)

Answer: Case is in our current processing time 13 June '17

2nd Service Request: 3 July '17 (118 days)

New card is producing: 5 July '17 (120 days) NOTE* they didn't even assign someone to my Service request.

K1 
Spoiler

Sent : 6 June '16

Noa1 : 9 June '16

Noa2 : 18 August '16

NVC Received: 30 August '16

Case Number Assigned: 1 September '16

Interview date: 5 December '16

Missing papers: i-134 and police record. Gonna send ASAP.

Sent missing papers : 3 January '17

Ap : 5 January '17

Ap update and got mail that says documents received: 9 January '17

Ready and nonimmigrant visa: 13 January '17

Issued: 17 January '17

Visa in the hand: 18 January '17

POE: 26 January '17

Marriage Date: 3 February '17

TOOK  7 MONTHS

1 hour ago, DorothyLa said:

Hi, i came here with k1 visa and got married applied for aos and ead. Got my ead a month ago. I can't get my drivers license because before i get my ead, i went to dmv and try to get driver's permit. They said they will send the appilcation to tallahassee dmv and tallahassee dmv will mail the hard copy to me. They printed a driver's permit paper to me for 60 days. 4 months passed and i didn't get any hard card of my drivers permit. After i got my ead i went to dmv and told them i try to get driver's permit but i didn't get any hard card and now i want a drivers license. They told me they can't do that, i need hard copy of drivers permit and i should come back and take the driving test. 

Well, it has been 3 weeks since they resend the application for my drivers permit to tallahassee, I tried to check my status on save case check, it gives me this "No cases found that match the search criteria.". I called uscis talked with a tier 2 person he told me save check is a federal something and only dmv can call them. I went to dmv today they told me they don't know save case check. They called tallahassee and they said my case is pending and i can't do anything about it except waiting. 

I thought i can get my drivers permit instantly printed on dmv with my save case check verification. But i can't verify myself on save case check anyways... 

I don't know what to do. I need my drivers license so badly. There is no busses around and i need to go to work and come back. Soon, there will be nobody to take me to work. I am so desperate. 

Call the head office of the Florida DMV. They should have a department that is just dedicated on verifying the status of immigrants trying to get a DL just how it is in California how you read it in my post. 

I also doubt that you are going through the Save system. The person at the DMV would've given you a paper or at least the number so you can check it. I never went through Save either 

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Georgia16 said:

I find your text confusing.

SO they entered your name in the SAVE system and you are not verified yet? What level are you on 1, 2 or 3?

I live in florida.

I went to dmv when my aos and ead pending, they gave me driver's permit printed on paper told me tallahassee dmv will mail me my card in 60 days. Did not happened. Driver's permit expired (was good for 60 days), card never arrived.

I got my EAD 1 month ago from now. I went to DMV. They told me i need my card (drivers permit) first to get a driving test to get my drivers license. So they reordered my drivers permit card from tallahassee. It has been 3 weeks, no card arrived. I have drivers permit but i can't go to work without someone is sitting next to me. i need driver's license. 

Plus from that, i can't verify myself from Save Case Check. They didn't tell me that they can't verify it or anything. They sent my application to tallahassee. And tallahassee tells that my application is on pending. But i thought if i can go to dmv with save case check verification, i can get my card right away so i can be like " here is my drivers permit card i need my drivers license." Is that how everybody got their DL? Don't they print the card right away? Did everybody waited months to get the card from somewhere elses DMV. I live in Freeport, and Tallahassee is far away from me. 

AOS, EAD
Spoiler

New card is producing: 5 July '17 (120 days) NOTE* they didn't even assign someone to my Service request.

K1 
Spoiler

TOOK  7 MONTHS

Timeline
1 minute ago, Californiansunset said:

Call the head office of the Florida DMV. They should have a department that is just dedicated on verifying the status of immigrants trying to get a DL just how it is in California how you read it in my post. 

I also doubt that you are going through the Save system. The person at the DMV would've given you a paper or at least the number so you can check it. I never went through Save either 

So i guess it is Tallahassee DMV. I don't understand why it takes so long. It is becoming a hardship for me just to go work and come back. Uber is so expensive, 27 dolar to go and 27 dolar to come back and i make like maybe 80 dolar per day. I work for 11 dollars per hour. There is no public transportation around me. It is just so hard now, i feel desperate i am about to cry. 

AOS, EAD
Spoiler

K1 
Spoiler

TOOK  7 MONTHS

Timeline

Anybody knows something or experienced something like that before? Please help

AOS, EAD
Spoiler

K1 
Spoiler

TOOK  7 MONTHS

4 hours ago, DorothyLa said:

So i guess it is Tallahassee DMV. I don't understand why it takes so long. It is becoming a hardship for me just to go work and come back. Uber is so expensive, 27 dolar to go and 27 dolar to come back and i make like maybe 80 dolar per day. I work for 11 dollars per hour. There is no public transportation around me. It is just so hard now, i feel desperate i am about to cry. 

Keep on calling Tallahassee and ask to be transferred to the department that handles the verification processes. Don't give up. There has to be a department handling immigration DL applications. Florida has plenty of immigrants and temporary foreign DMV applicants. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
10 hours ago, DorothyLa said:

I live in florida.

I went to dmv when my aos and ead pending, they gave me driver's permit printed on paper told me tallahassee dmv will mail me my card in 60 days. Did not happened. Driver's permit expired (was good for 60 days), card never arrived.

I got my EAD 1 month ago from now. I went to DMV. They told me i need my card (drivers permit) first to get a driving test to get my drivers license. So they reordered my drivers permit card from tallahassee. It has been 3 weeks, no card arrived. I have drivers permit but i can't go to work without someone is sitting next to me. i need driver's license. 

Plus from that, i can't verify myself from Save Case Check. They didn't tell me that they can't verify it or anything. They sent my application to tallahassee. And tallahassee tells that my application is on pending. But i thought if i can go to dmv with save case check verification, i can get my card right away so i can be like " here is my drivers permit card i need my drivers license." Is that how everybody got their DL? Don't they print the card right away? Did everybody waited months to get the card from somewhere elses DMV. I live in Freeport, and Tallahassee is far away from me. 

From what I see you mix the SAVE together with something else. If they couldn't verify you in the save system them you wouldn't have to the permit on paper either. 

Since they gave you the paper there should be no problems in sending you the permit card since they have the same effect. 

Just keep calling them and maybe explain it to them more simple since it sounds like you confuse yourself and also them?

Timeline
9 hours ago, Georgia16 said:

From what I see you mix the SAVE together with something else. If they couldn't verify you in the save system them you wouldn't have to the permit on paper either. 

Since they gave you the paper there should be no problems in sending you the permit card since they have the same effect. 

Just keep calling them and maybe explain it to them more simple since it sounds like you confuse yourself and also them?

ok then. i just need my card so i can get my dl :( it takes so long for no reason since they verified me, why they give me a hard time.

AOS, EAD
Spoiler

K1 
Spoiler

TOOK  7 MONTHS

Timeline
14 hours ago, DorothyLa said:

ok then. i just need my card so i can get my dl :( it takes so long for no reason since they verified me, why they give me a hard time.

Maybe they did send it but got lost in mail. You need to talk to someone like a supervisor and insist that you haven't received the actual permit card.

Timeline
On 09.08.2017 at 6:49 AM, Georgia16 said:

Maybe they did send it but got lost in mail. You need to talk to someone like a supervisor and insist that you haven't received the actual permit card.

ok so they told me it is pending. and i called them today, they didn't give me any info. i have to wait for them just to print a card. i don't know what to do. i can't go to work. I don't know why it is pending also. 

AOS, EAD
Spoiler

K1 
Spoiler

TOOK  7 MONTHS

Timeline
7 hours ago, DorothyLa said:

ok so they told me it is pending. and i called them today, they didn't give me any info. i have to wait for them just to print a card. i don't know what to do. i can't go to work. I don't know why it is pending also. 

Okay. Then they should have given you a paper with the information on and the SAVE case number. 

Call them again. I had to call 4 times to get someone who was willing to look into my case and find the mistake they had did.

Timeline
On 14.08.2017 at 7:31 PM, Georgia16 said:

Okay. Then they should have given you a paper with the information on and the SAVE case number. 

Call them again. I had to call 4 times to get someone who was willing to look into my case and find the mistake they had did.

ok thank you! i will do that. probably that's the problem. nobody gave me save case number. 

AOS, EAD
Spoiler

K1 
Spoiler

TOOK  7 MONTHS

Timeline

should i go to dmv again or call tallahassee dmv? 

AOS, EAD
Spoiler

K1 
Spoiler

TOOK  7 MONTHS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.