Ёжик

Who had this situation?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

We sent a petition from Moscow. She came to America on July 14, 2017 (Virginia). We found her in the office of Texas. The petition is there. But they do not withdraw money from us and NOA -1 or a reciever does not come. They say that they do not send us an answer, because there are many other petitions. When they start to look at it, they will send us. But is this true and normal? Does NOA-1 not come at once, as soon as the petition is delivered to the office?

Ни головы ни ножек

27 June 2017               i-129f sent from Moscow
14 July 2017                Texas Service Center

14 September 2017    California Service Center
21 September 2017    NOA1 Received Date
25 September 2017    NOA1 email/text confirmation

01 October 2017          NOA1 hardcopy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Your post is confusing- when you say "She came to America on July 14, 2017 (Virginia). We found her in the office of Texas.", do you mean your K1 petition, or your fiance?  Assuming the petition is what you mean, yes the money order/ check is usually cashed within a week of the petition arriving at the processing center, and if you sign up for electronic notifications, you should get that wihin a couple of weeks too.  But how do you know that they petition arrived, and then was moved, if you did not get NOA1?

Edited by Penguin_ie

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Penguin_ie said:

Your post is confusing- when you say "She came to America on July 14, 2017 (Virginia). We found her in the office of Texas.", do you mean your K1 petition, or your fiance?  Assuming that is what you mean, yes the money order/ check is usually cashed within a week of the petition arriving at the processing center, and if you sign up for electronic notifications, you should get that wihin a couple of weeks too.  But how do you know that they petition arrived, and then was movd, if you did not get NOA1?

Thanks for the answer. Yes, I meant the petition. My English is not that good. The petition arrived in America on July 14, 2017. Every day we called the office in Texas. And yesterday they told us that they received a petition, but because they have a lot of work and many other petitions. They do not yet consider our petition. Out that we were told only by phone. I do not understand

Ни головы ни ножек

27 June 2017               i-129f sent from Moscow
14 July 2017                Texas Service Center

14 September 2017    California Service Center
21 September 2017    NOA1 Received Date
25 September 2017    NOA1 email/text confirmation

01 October 2017          NOA1 hardcopy

It takes several months for the petition to be approved. Calling every day will not help at all. What they mean is your petition hasn't been worked yet because there are many more cases to be processed that were received before yours. 

You might never receive a physical NOA1. We didn't. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.