E&R

Administrative procesing after visa was approved on interview

100 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi everyone my fiancé had her interview about three weeks ago after the interview co told her visa is approved you get your passport in ten days kept her passport for to weeks states was showing application raseved then on 21 July changed to administrative prosesing on 28 she got email from embassy saying g221 and nead more information like treval history previous passport number phone number and the name of her siblings did anyone else had similar issues and also after sending requested information how long it will take or what to expect know

Timeline

I'm going through same issue. I got 221g at interview with additional document ( previous passports ) my visa Catogory is K1 and I have been in AP since 2 months now ( status shows Ready so far and few date updates. 

Hopeless now 

Timeline
20 hours ago, Buttar said:

I'm going through same issue. I got 221g at interview with additional document ( previous passports ) my visa Catogory is K1 and I have been in AP since 2 months now ( status shows Ready so far and few date updates. 

Hopeless now 

Have they asked you any other information since then thanks 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Just now, E&R said:

Hi everyone my fiancé had her interview about three weeks ago after the interview co told her visa is approved you get your passport in ten days kept her passport for to weeks states was showing application raseved then on 21 July changed to administrative prosesing on 28 she got email from embassy saying g221 and nead more information like treval history previous passport number phone number and the name of her siblings did anyone else had similar issues and also after sending requested information how long it will take or what to expect know

I am on the same boat I had my interview in April got 221g additional documents since on administrative process I hope and pray every one get thiers visa soon

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 7/30/2017 at 9:54 PM, E&R said:

As I said in the other thread, and just to clear up any confusion others may have in this thread. The form E&R's fiancée received was not 221(g), it was DS-5535 (Supplemental Questions for VIsa Applicants), which asks for the following information (and not for missing documents like 221(g)):

- Travel history during the last fifteen years, including source of funding for travel;

- Address history during the last fifteen years;

- Employment history during the last fifteen years;

- All passport numbers and country of issuance held by the applicant;

- Names and dates of birth for all siblings;

- Name and dates of birth for all children;

- Names and dates of birth for all current and former spouses, or civil or domestic partners;

- Social media platforms and identifiers, also known as handles, used during the last five years; and

- Phone numbers and email addresses used during the last five years.

~~~

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Imran16 said:

I am on the same boat I had my interview in April got 221g additional documents since on administrative process I hope and pray every one get thiers visa soon

Imran what's ur visa catogory ? Mine is K1 and I'm stuck on Ready status since May . I was given 221g with additional document. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Just now, Buttar said:

Imran what's ur visa catogory ? Mine is K1 and I'm stuck on Ready status since May . I was given 221g with additional document. 

mine is cr1 buttar

Timeline
1 hour ago, Imran16 said:

buttar I have no idea why

Did I tried to contact the embassy ? You should have ur wife contact her senator back in US , they can contact the embassy & have them expedit the process. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, SaRy said:

As I said in the other thread, and just to clear up any confusion others may have in this thread. The form E&R's fiancée received was not 221(g), it was DS-5535 (Supplemental Questions for VIsa Applicants), which asks for the following information (and not for missing documents like 221(g)):

- Travel history during the last fifteen years, including source of funding for travel;

- Address history during the last fifteen years;

- Employment history during the last fifteen years;

- All passport numbers and country of issuance held by the applicant;

- Names and dates of birth for all siblings;

- Name and dates of birth for all children;

- Names and dates of birth for all current and former spouses, or civil or domestic partners;

- Social media platforms and identifiers, also known as handles, used during the last five years; and

- Phone numbers and email addresses used during the last five years.

Sary did you also got the 5535 hay you submitted the form any updates since you submitted the form thanks 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
7 minutes ago, E&R said:

Sary did you also got the 5535 hay you submitted the form any updates since you submitted the form thanks 

I got it at the interview and I emailed it to them (filled by hand) later that day. And no significant updates since... 

~~~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.