Love To Teach

Overcoming "Red Flags"---HOW????

37 posts in this topic

I have a question. We haven't gotten our reason(s) for denial, but how could you possibly "overcome" or "fix":

1. age differences

2. multiple divorces

3. different religions

4. other unchangeable circumstances that are not a big deal in US culture

Just curious. I know the only way to overcome "fraudulent relationship" is more visits, chats, letters of support, which we have already planned.

I'm sorry you're going through a denial. Is the case going back to USCIS and are you going to appeal for reconsideration?

what sort of age difference are we talking about, is the female older, how many divorces are we talking about? U.S citizen, beneficiary, both?  It sounds like you have quite a few red flags. 

Pakistan from what I know it's not an easy embassy, and we're undergoing some questionable political times. You could and should definitely increase visits, and also other solid forms of financial co mingling are important such as bank accounts, wills, insurance, affidavits and the sort. Remember they care more about these documents, than pictures (although you should have a variety of pictures as well, not only together but with family members, friends, etc.) Wish I could help more. 

good luck!

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uruguay
Timeline

Get advice from a very experienced immigration attorney , don't give up . Ive seen time línes of people that were denied 2 even 3 times but at the end they needed up bringing their loved one and are together now . 

Edited by Elsalove2016

Thanks for the kind words, Dilorena...I have 4 divorces (2 when I was really young (1 had a girlfriend; 1 went back to drugs; then married for 23 years--we let it die, then he didn't want to try to fix it; last one was k-1 Moroccan I brought her, was abusive--I have proof). I admit my track record isn't great. That's why I didn't rush into marrying my current husband. And I sure can't fix previous divorces.

I have 7 trips to visit him, have known him 6.5 years. I am 16 years older than him. He has 1 divorce, 4 great kids (2 finished college, 1 in college, 1 finishing high school). I have no kids. We had more than 6 pounds of evidence. We both are educated. I have been a teacher for 43 years (that should count for stability). He has a tour business and an export business. We co-own a business, have joint credit cards and bank accounts in several countries, he is in my will, had letters from family and friends, his family is very happy for us. I'm Christian, he's Muslim. We believe in one God, so it's not a big deal. I feel like we are being judged on cultural issues that are 50 years old, and not such a big deal here in the US. It makes me think they didn't even look at our evidence. 

The only things I can think of is to keep visiting, getting more letters. I can't change the past.

We are working with 2 senators' offices. They have advised us to wait until USCIS tells us the reason(s) for denial, THEN see what needs to be done (as far as getting an attorney). An attorney can't get any further with USCIS at this point.

Edited by Love To Teach

To Elsalove2016--Thanks for the support! I'm 66 (he's 50), and hope I/we live long enough to have many years together. That's one reason this is so sad. If I were in my 30's or 40's, I wouldn't be feeling such an urgency. It's just heartbreaking....:(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Love To Teach said:

have joint credit cards and bank accounts in several countries,

Actually, this can certainly be a red flag too.

When you say "several" countries---how many different countries are you talking about?  Which countries?

It's normal to have bank accounts in one's home country and then perhaps the country they are immigrating to (ie. US).  If someone maintains active bank accounts all over the world, it can begin to look a bit fishy.

I agree, the religion/age/divorce thing you can't change now---although that all raises red flags, along with multiple bank accounts across the globe, and as someone else pointed out earlier Pakistan is one of the harder embassies. 

Edited by Going through

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Let me clarify. My husband exports meat (actually sheep guts for sausage casings) from Pakistan to Serbia, where he lived for 3 years. My name is on that bank account. We own a piece of land there where we have the refrigeration equipment to store the meat that he exports. He is in business with a friend there in Serbia. He also has a tourism business in Pakistan. Both businesses he runs from Pakistan, although he began the actual sheep guts business with a friend in Serbia. So it's not like we are some shady couple. We put my name on that account to show that we are a real couple. It's very simple. When tourism from Pakistan started going through hard times due to terrorism, my husband decided to start another business. We met a good friend in Serbia, who is his business partner. My husband sends the meat to Serbia, his partner cleans and stores it, then delivers it to stores there in Serbia. My name is also on his account in Pakistan, as his will be here. My credit union won't let me put him on my account, and I don't want to change banks to be able to do it.

I didn't want my name to be put on the land until we sort out our taxes and such, hopefully when he gets here. It seems you can't win. You do this, it looks shady. You do that, it's not enough. All we are doing is being honest and trying to live our lives honestly and survive financially and support our kids.So he works two jobs...and I teach.

Edited by Love To Teach

If USCIS denies the applications you may appeal to EOIR Executive Office of Immigration Review, where Board of immigration  appeal will review your denied application.

USCIS will specify if you can appel to EOIR or not depending on how it thinks about your case. EOIR processes only thru paperwork without face to face interview but your attorney or legal representative will have to show up in the court and explains why your marriage is bona fide. At least you can try here, where it may override USCISs decision

22 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

I don't think any evidence is as strong as time spent together in person, publicly living your married life.

We thought we had that with 7 visits in about 3 years.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Love To Teach said:

I have a question. We haven't gotten our reason(s) for denial, but how could you possibly "overcome" or "fix":

1. age differences

2. multiple divorces

3. different religions

4. other unchangeable circumstances that are not a big deal in US culture

Just curious. I know the only way to overcome "fraudulent relationship" is more visits, chats, letters of support, which we have already planned.

More visits!!! The only thing that will overcome anything is to continue to make frequent visits every few months and wait a few years!!!! 

How often have you guys visited each other????

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Coco8 said:

She said 7 visits in 3 years. That seems pretty often considering she probably has to visit him. 

Oh damn I didn't realize that! That is the only thing to overcome red flags so their is not much else to do after that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
11 hours ago, Love To Teach said:

Let me clarify. My husband exports meat (actually sheep guts for sausage casings) from Pakistan to Serbia, where he lived for 3 years. My name is on that bank account. We own a piece of land there where we have the refrigeration equipment to store the meat that he exports. He is in business with a friend there in Serbia. He also has a tourism business in Pakistan. Both businesses he runs from Pakistan, although he began the actual sheep guts business with a friend in Serbia. So it's not like we are some shady couple. We put my name on that account to show that we are a real couple. It's very simple. When tourism from Pakistan started going through hard times due to terrorism, my husband decided to start another business. We met a good friend in Serbia, who is his business partner. My husband sends the meat to Serbia, his partner cleans and stores it, then delivers it to stores there in Serbia. My name is also on his account in Pakistan, as his will be here. My credit union won't let me put him on my account, and I don't want to change banks to be able to do it.

I didn't want my name to be put on the land until we sort out our taxes and such, hopefully when he gets here. It seems you can't win. You do this, it looks shady. You do that, it's not enough. All we are doing is being honest and trying to live our lives honestly and survive financially and support our kids.So he works two jobs...and I teach.

In the eyes of US customs, you sound more like business partners than a romantic couple in a loving relationship. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.