Peem Jov

NOA1 the beneficiaries middle name was not written on the NOA1

9 posts in this topic

Nope! My NOA1 didn't have my middle name and I used it throughout the I-129F application. It did have the petitioners middle name on the form though. 

Nothing to worry about. As long as you've stated the middle name in your application and its on your beneficiary's passport and/or other gov't identification you're good! My Canadian passport doesn't contain my middle name but my gov't ID's and birth certificate does so I added it to the petition. 

Good luck to you!!

5 hours ago, kat.caprio said:

Nope! My NOA1 didn't have my middle name and I used it throughout the I-129F application. It did have the petitioners middle name on the form though. 

Nothing to worry about. As long as you've stated the middle name in your application and its on your beneficiary's passport and/or other gov't identification you're good! My Canadian passport doesn't contain my middle name but my gov't ID's and birth certificate does so I added it to the petition. 

Good luck to you!!

Yea i added my fiance's middle on the I-129F and she got middle name on her passport.. 

thanks for the help.. :) 

goodluck to u as well 🍾🎉

11 hours ago, Peem Jov said:

I need help.. we got the NOA1 on mail.. and i noticed the middle name of my fiance (beneficiary) is not written.. just the first and lastname.. but we wrote it on the I-129F we sent.. would that be a problem?

thanks 

It's perfectly fine. I didn't have one in my NOA1 either. :P 

K1 Visa Timeline (4 months / September 2016 to January 2017):

Timeline: Sept 23, 2016 (filing) to January 30, 2017 (visa on hand)
Our K1 Visa Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/04/21/k1-visa-process/

AOS Timeline (4 months / April 2017 to August 2017):

Timeline:  April 11, 2017 (filing) to August 28, 2017 (approved)

(September 14, 2017 - Greencard on Hand!  - late due to Hurricane Irma)
Our AOS Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/05/13/adjustment-of-status-greencard-application/

ROC Timeline (7 months / June 2019 to January 2020)

Timeline:  June 11, 2019 (filing) to January 29, 2020  (Card Mailed to Me)

Our ROC Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2019/06/07/removal-of-conditions-process/

N400 Timeline (3 months 3 weeks / August 7, 2020 -December 4, 2020)
August 7, 2020 - Filed Online

August 10, 2020 - NOA1 uploaded by USCIS in my account / Estimated Tiime of Completion updated as well (Feb 2021)

August 15, 2020 - Received NOA(hardcopy)

Sept 14, 2020 - Biometric Reuse

October 20, 2020 - Interview Has Been Scheduled

November 23, 2020 - Interview Date - Approved!

December 4, 2020 - OATH TAKING CEREMONY
Our N400 Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2020/08/08/filing-n400-path-to-citizenship/

• 1 year later...

So glad to have found this post!

A few months back we applied for my K1 visa and stated my full name including middle name on the application (I129F). However I have just seen that my passport does not have my middle name (I also sent a copy of that with the original application).  I seem to have a real mixture of ID with and without my middle name! Passport is without, driving licence and bank accounts are with!  Has anyone else had this flagged as an issue prior to or at the interview stage? Thanks in advance.

event.png

K1

NOA1: May 10th 2018

NOA2: October 30th 2018

NVC Received: November 30th 2018

Embassy Received: December 27th 2018

Medical: January 14th 2019

Interview: January 22nd 2019 (Approved subject to medical approval), Medical approved and sent to the embassy: 24th January 2019

Visa in Hand: February 1st 2019

AOS / EAD / AP + OTHER NOTABLE EVENTS (WHICH MAY BE USEFUL TO KNOW)

POE: New York (JFK) February 6th 2019

SSN: Applied in SS Office on February 7th (New Haven)

Wedding: February 14th ❤

SSN Card received: February 20th

Marriage certificate received: February 21st, Passed Driving test theory (CT): February 21st, Opened first bank account (CT): February 21st

Attended 8 hour driver safety course (CT): February 23rd

AOS / AP / EAD sent: March 7th, 2019

AOS / AP / EAD received: March 9th, 2019

AOS / AP / EAD payment taken: March 25th, 2019

Driving Road Test: March 29th, 2019 (Passed)

NOA1: All received by mail: April 2nd, 2019

Biometrics Appointment: April 19th, 2019 (Hartford, CT) - Good Friday

Telephone Request to Expedite I-131: May 31st, 2019 (Financial Loss)

Email from USCIS requesting info: June 6th, 2019, Information faxed: June 6th, 2019

Telephone Request to Expedite I-765: July 2nd, 2019

CARD IN PRODUCTION - YIPPPPEEEEEE July 3rd, 2019. Hallelujah! lol

EAD/AP Combo card received: July 8th, 2019.

AOS Interview (Hartford): December 4th, 2019, AOS Approval: December 5th, 2019 (Text / online notification)

Greencard Received: December 12, 2019

FROM K1 NOA1 to GREEN CARD IN HAND: 581 DAYS (1 YEAR, 7 MONTHS AND 2 DAYS).

Here we go again on the crazy USCIS train! 

I751 Application filed 6th September, 2021

24 month extension letter received

N400 Application filed online 6th September, 2022

28th February, 2023 : 48 month extension letter received

13th March: N400 updated to 'Interview was Scheduled'

2 hours ago, DJClaire said:

So glad to have found this post!

A few months back we applied for my K1 visa and stated my full name including middle name on the application (I129F). However I have just seen that my passport does not have my middle name (I also sent a copy of that with the original application).  I seem to have a real mixture of ID with and without my middle name! Passport is without, driving licence and bank accounts are with!  Has anyone else had this flagged as an issue prior to or at the interview stage? Thanks in advance.

I think your good.. as long as u put your complete name on the application.. but how come u don't have middle name on your passport? I suggest u get a new passport.. so u can avoid issues when u travel.. 

Thanks Peem, 

My full current name is on the application. I have no idea why my passport never had my middle name on. Maybe I just forgot to include it on the application form for the new passport? It has never caused me any issue with travel but I just want to be careful with the visa application as I do not want anything to hold things up!  I have had to get a copy of my change of name by deed poll certificate already so I just do not want to make my name any more confusing than it already is! 

event.png

K1

NOA1: May 10th 2018

NOA2: October 30th 2018

NVC Received: November 30th 2018

Embassy Received: December 27th 2018

Medical: January 14th 2019

Interview: January 22nd 2019 (Approved subject to medical approval), Medical approved and sent to the embassy: 24th January 2019

Visa in Hand: February 1st 2019

AOS / EAD / AP + OTHER NOTABLE EVENTS (WHICH MAY BE USEFUL TO KNOW)

POE: New York (JFK) February 6th 2019

SSN: Applied in SS Office on February 7th (New Haven)

Wedding: February 14th ❤

SSN Card received: February 20th

Marriage certificate received: February 21st, Passed Driving test theory (CT): February 21st, Opened first bank account (CT): February 21st

Attended 8 hour driver safety course (CT): February 23rd

AOS / AP / EAD sent: March 7th, 2019

AOS / AP / EAD received: March 9th, 2019

AOS / AP / EAD payment taken: March 25th, 2019

Driving Road Test: March 29th, 2019 (Passed)

NOA1: All received by mail: April 2nd, 2019

Biometrics Appointment: April 19th, 2019 (Hartford, CT) - Good Friday

Telephone Request to Expedite I-131: May 31st, 2019 (Financial Loss)

Email from USCIS requesting info: June 6th, 2019, Information faxed: June 6th, 2019

Telephone Request to Expedite I-765: July 2nd, 2019

CARD IN PRODUCTION - YIPPPPEEEEEE July 3rd, 2019. Hallelujah! lol

EAD/AP Combo card received: July 8th, 2019.

AOS Interview (Hartford): December 4th, 2019, AOS Approval: December 5th, 2019 (Text / online notification)

Greencard Received: December 12, 2019

FROM K1 NOA1 to GREEN CARD IN HAND: 581 DAYS (1 YEAR, 7 MONTHS AND 2 DAYS).

Here we go again on the crazy USCIS train! 

I751 Application filed 6th September, 2021

24 month extension letter received

N400 Application filed online 6th September, 2022

28th February, 2023 : 48 month extension letter received

13th March: N400 updated to 'Interview was Scheduled'

26 minutes ago, DJClaire said:

Thanks Peem, 

My full current name is on the application. I have no idea why my passport never had my middle name on. Maybe I just forgot to include it on the application form for the new passport? It has never caused me any issue with travel but I just want to be careful with the visa application as I do not want anything to hold things up!  I have had to get a copy of my change of name by deed poll certificate already so I just do not want to make my name any more confusing than it already is! 

Ur welcome 😊 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.