alygirl92

Appointment for U.S Consulate in Morocco?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello everyone! I'm going to be flying into Casablanca on Aug. 7th next month to spend time with my fiance and prepare the paperwork for our wedding. I would like to get an appointment at the Consul in Casa for as soon after my arrival as possible to obtain the necessary paperwork. I have two questions about the appointment....

1. My flight is due to arrive at about 2:30 PM Casa time. Is this cutting it too close to try for an appointment for the same day? If necessary we can stay overnight with some of my fiance's relatives in Sale and come back to Casa the next day. I don't know how close the Consul is the the airport, how likely the flight is to arrive on time, or how long it will take to get through customs, navigate the traffic, etc... so if anyone has any experience with this it'd be a huge help!

2. What kind of appointment do I need exactly? I know I can do it online but if someone could provide me with a link or detailed instructions for booking the appointment I would appreciate it. Also, do I only need an appointment for myself, do I need to book a separate appointment for each of us, or will we go into one appointment together? I can't seem to find any definitive answer for that online so if anyone has been through the process and know for sure let me know! :D

Thanks! :D

Timeline

I just need an appointment to get a Affidavit of Nationality and Eligibility to Marry and a notarized copy of my passport. I have been to the us embassy website many times but they don't really explain whether I just need one appointment to get both documents or whether I need separate appointments and whether they need an appointment for my fiance as well to get the marriage document. The site offers two options, passport and us citizen services or notarial services. Do I need an appointment for both or just one of those services? And do I need to list my fiance as a non applicant accompanying me to the appointment? Thanks!

Edited by alygirl92

Timeline

Make one appointment for notary you can get both done with one appointment and its pretty quick but you will need many more papers after that to get married but the embassy will give you the list

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You don't need an an appointment

you have to be at embassy at AM or if missed that time 1 PM 

just take your passport and go to the window

costs is now $100

you will take this (translated into arabic) to Office of Foreign Minister in Rabat / they certify it

take 6 copies of all the following /with your morocco medical exam to judge for application to marry and wait for approval  / some cities require police interview also  / my whatsapp is 423260-0096 

1. An Affidavit of Nationality and Eligibility to Marry. This document is obtained at the yoU.S. Consulate General in Casablanca by appointment.  There is a $50 fee for a Consular Officer to notarize the document. This affidavit is valid for six months from the date it is signed and notarized at the U.S. Consulate.
  2. Copies of your biographic passport and the page containing your entry date to Morocco must be notarized at the U.S. Consulate General in Casablanca for a $50 fee.
  3. If divorced, provide original or certified copies of proof of dissolution of any previous marriage(s).
  4. If former spouse is deceased, provide original or certified copy of his or her death certificate (s).
  5. Provide an original or certified copy of your birth certificate.
  6. Evidence of employment from employer in the United States or source of income.
  7. A written statement indicating your intention to marry in Morocco.
  8. If resident in Morocco, a copy of the residency card.
  9. If resident in Morocco, obtain a Moroccan police record from the Ministry of Justice in Rabat (Office of Penal Affairs and Pardons).  (For U.S. citizens, resident in Morocco, you will need both an American and Moroccan police record.)
  10. If male, a notarized statement of religious denomination or a certified copy of a conversion document to Islam.  (Conversion documents are obtained from and notarized by Adouls, or religious/court notarials, at the Ministry of Justice in Rabat.)  Women do not need this document.
  11. A medical certificate of good health from a doctor in Morocco.  This document must be obtained in Morocco.
  12. Four (4) recent passport photos (3cm x 4cm, please note this is the same size required for a Moroccan passport).
  13. The fee for submitting an application for marriage to an Adoul is 150 Moroccan Dirham.
  14. An American police record must be obtained from a police department in the state where you last resided or from the FBI BEFORE coming to Morocco.

Timeline

Im sorry but I  just got married there in Morocco 2 months ago and you have to have an appointment for notarial service ...you will have to make an appointment online with the consulate in casablanca and print out your appointment letter before you go and upon arrival at the consulate they will ask you for your appointment letter...if you do not have it they WILL NOT allow you inside and turn you around..when you make your appointment online it will tell you to print out and take with you to your appointment. This is your very first step in the process of getting married in morocco as an american it is $100 total for both nationality and passport  you can pay with american money (cash) Moroccan money (dirhams) or credit or debit

1. An Affidavit of Nationality and Eligibility to Marry. This document is obtained at the U.S. Consulate General in Casablanca by appointment.  There is a $50 fee for a Consular Officer to notarize the document. This affidavit is valid for six months from the date it is signed and notarized at the U.S. Consulate.

Timeline

The Moroccan government has changed from years ago there are different guidelines for each type of marriages and not all have the same rules...me and my husband found out the hard way...for example if you are both muslim there are a set of marriage guidelines for you and the consulate will give you a copy of everything you need for a normal Muslim marriage but if one is muslim and other christian or dont claim any religion there is a different process for you but mostly the Abdul will be concerned if the man is Muslim before marriage but if both christians then The Abdul can not marry you and you will actually have to go to a registered church by law and have the pastor or priest do the marriage and they will issue you a certificate of marriage... Our translator in Rabat Morocco explained a lot to us and his office called the Abdul's office and he explain the same thing...so its all according to religion when getting married in Morocco... Please don't be confused because you dont want to spend unnessary money and time waisted because that can easily happen in Morocco

Edited by Latonia

Timeline

Casablanca airport is usually very busy and in customs it took me a hour and half because of so many people but once you get through customs in Casablanca the traffic is OK but its best to make an appointment at the consulate for next morning see if they have any slots open for early morning because its really hot there right now..you will only need appointment for yourself because your the American...But if you ever have to go back to Morocco I think Rabat-Sale airport is much better and very secure and in customs they was quick and professional but Casablanca is really busy and slow to attend to the people...oh and make sure on your way back to airport to come home be sure to get there a hour and 30min early before take off because they will not hold the plane for if your late

Edited by Latonia

Timeline

Thanks for the help! I have an appointment for notarial services booked for Tuesday morning, the day after my flight comes in. I just want to confirm that I should be able to get the Affidavit of Nationality at my notarial appointment? I'm sorry to keep asking, I just have this phobia that they're going to refuse to give me the affidavit during my notarial meeting and it will be too late to make another appointment lol :D:P Thanks again

Edited by alygirl92

If you have an appointment to obtain the notary, just print your appointment paper and show it along with your US passport to the security guy, he will let you (only) inside. When you are inside, you have to go through security just like an airport security. When you pass through that, it's just like going to the DMV doing a window transaction like renewing your drivers license. Pay the money and you will get your Affadavit of Nationality and Eligibility to Marry stamped paper. Make sure (if you were married before) you have official divorce papers to show in case. 

Hope it's simplifies and lessens the unknown. Good luck and best wishes. 

Timeline

Thanks! That did reassure me a lot! Neither me or my fiance have any experience with this kind of thing so this is a little overwhelming for both of us. :) I have never been married but I am getting a certified letter of no marriage to prove that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.